Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SHall1000 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:39 pm
elxsound wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:32 pm I don't think we should think of business like people, even if they're run by people……….
Perhaps some things would be better if we did. Just a thought.
In america they are counted as people, with all the rights and none of the responsibilites of people.

Turns out its as dumb of an idea as you can possibly think of.
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

I really think Waves needs to understand the message of its customers. The lines are in the thousands on their social networks and they do not speak out, probably hoping that the thing will end at some point. But I think the next step is to start unfollowing your networks, cancel the newsletters so you can see that the thing is serious

goldenanalog wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:52 pm Their move is two-sided: not only have they devalued virtually every WAVES perpetual license, they’ve also made wise audio software/plugin buyers wary of purchasing going forward; ie ‘Who’s next? Who’s going to be the next company to do this to their perpetual license holders, large and small?’
Yes, nailed it. Other developers are now forced to clarify their positions on the matter. I think we can safely assume that smaller developers won't go subscription, though maybe I'm being naive here.

Today it happened. A 17 year old rapper from Idaho was the first one to purchase the Waves subscription. Now Waves has a perpetual revenue of $25 to pay for their 500 employees. But the rapper is unsure if he wants to continue the subscription after the free 7 day period or pursue his other dream to become a world famous soccer player.
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

Uncle E wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:20 am
goldenanalog wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:52 pm Their move is two-sided: not only have they devalued virtually every WAVES perpetual license, they’ve also made wise audio software/plugin buyers wary of purchasing going forward; ie ‘Who’s next? Who’s going to be the next company to do this to their perpetual license holders, large and small?’
Yes, nailed it. Other developers are now forced to clarify their positions on the matter. I think we can safely assume that smaller developers won't go subscription, though maybe I'm being naive here.
You're not. I cannot imagine even the big indie guys like Tokyo Dawn go subscription only. If there's subscription on the side without devaluating perpetuals it's all good. There's lot of great guys over there making software for us, mentioned TDR, ToneBoosters, Klevgrand and many more that I cannot imagine doing anything like Waves did ever. They care about their customers and now they see clearly what customers want. We should be allright as long as we stray away from corporations.
I'm eg. worried about Soundwide partners, PA tried going sub only, but stepped back, I'm sure they will try again, but possibly leaving exising perpetuals, after what they saw happened now.
IK, NI are surely uncertain as well. Softube seems to be making good marketing right now, cannot imagine they being such hypocrites, so assuming they are safe as well.

It doesnt look so bad over all, I'd just stay away from the biggest companies. It's not like they make best software anyway.

I'd say this much: When using Native Instruments, I can't buy Macs that are not at least 2 years old if I insist to always have all plugins by Native Instruments compatible. Now they also discontinued Absynth... NI is getting less and less attractive to use.

I guess if NI would go subscription only, that could become even worse. I have Komplete but not the current version. If they don't have everything updated for MacOS 13 this summer, I won't buy the upgrade, probably going to ditch them.

blue monk wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:40 am I'd say this much: When using Native Instruments, I can't buy Macs that are not at least 2 years old if I insist to always have all plugins by Native Instruments compatible. Now they also discontinued Absynth... NI is getting less and less attractive to use.

I guess if NI would go subscription only, that could become even worse. I have Komplete but not the current version. If they don't have everything updated for MacOS 13 this summer, I won't buy the upgrade, probably going to ditch them.
Thanks for giving my thoughts an written expression.
My unconsciousness mind floated about that for some time.
:tu:

Uncle E wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:34 pm Subscribers of the world, unite!
Subscribers of the world, subscribe!

Free Pulsar Smasher

https://pulsar.audio/cart?add-to-cart=238476

Coupon: KJBQVZBA

Fusion

"Command-Z! COMMAND-Z!!!" - Waves

Waves Announce Reinstatement Of Perpetual And WUP

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/produc ... al-and-wup
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

https://www.waves.com/news/perpetual-wa ... s-are-back

Important Update from Waves: Perpetual Licenses and Updates Will Be Back Alongside Subscriptions

Oops, 2 mins late.

soundbylaura wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:02 pm "Command-Z! COMMAND-Z!!!" - Waves

That story seems to repeat itself over and over again. How on earth is it possible that developers are that disconnected from their customer base?
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:07 pm
soundbylaura wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:02 pm "Command-Z! COMMAND-Z!!!" - Waves

That story seems to repeat itself over and over again. How on earth is it possible that developers are that disconnected from their customer base?
They should extend everyone's WUP for a year for all the trouble. :hihi:
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

Haha. Great, I still have a chance for Mixcentric

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”