SOFTUBE Bus Processor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:43 pm https://youtu.be/cY-CS6XpKzo
No way is the first example level matched, lol!

looks cool, but there should probably be an upgrade price for owners of icons. That just came out and this compressor should be part of that bundle imo. It will probably eventually go on sale for 40, 50 or 60 like other softube stuff though

bmanic wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:16 pm
trackbout wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:43 pm Sounds great, and they finally got a parallel signal path right! The makeup gain does not affect the dry signal :party:
That alone is worth celebrating! Maybe developers are finally after all these years starting to "get it". :D
For real! Here's to hoping.

Works in Console 1, too.

I really like what Softube did on this.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

Solid release. Pretty great character and polish compressor as long as you don't overdo it (like most things). The additions can help streamline and not have to use other processors for finishing touches. Very easy to go too far on the 'air' band, width and saturation. Just a very small amount goes long way if you already have a well-balanced mix. Pretty smart choices all around. Only gripe so far is I don't see a shortcut (e.g. ctrl or alt plus click) to default a knob/setting aside from double clicking and using a numerical value, but I might be overlooking something.

Softube generally don't quickly discount things, so the $89 intro w/ coupon probably won't be matched any time soon.

I just used it on a rock song I mixed yesterday. I replaced all my usual multi-tools for bus(s)es (presswerk, pro q3...) for this new thing and the truth is that I like it better now. Not a huge difference but it sounds great and it was soooo easy.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

It's like a luxurious bus with gum on the seats to glue everything together.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

There's a discount code "ONTHEBUS" floating around which drops the price down to $89 on the Softube website. They might void it soon, but it worked a little while ago.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

It came with the email: Save on the intro price. Use promo code ONTHEBUS to save an EXTRA 10%
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

When gain-matched, it makes everything sound quieter. Not really my thing.

Igro wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:34 pm When gain-matched, it makes everything sound quieter. Not really my thing.
Sorry to 'Compsplain' something to someone with thousands of posts and history here - I assume you know exactly how compressors work, but your statement doesn't make sense. It's not actually gain-matched if it's quieter, so just up the output until it's the same loudness (not peak level) as bypassed, then compare. Without additional makeup gain applied, compression will always lower the perceived volume.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:48 pm
Igro wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:34 pm When gain-matched, it makes everything sound quieter. Not really my thing.
Sorry to 'Compsplain' something to someone with thousands of posts and history here - I assume you know exactly how compressors work, but your statement doesn't make sense. It's not actually gain-matched if it's quieter, so just up the output until it's the same loudness (not peak level) as bypassed, then compare. Without additional makeup gain applied, compression will always lower the perceived volume.
Obviously, I matched them, so that the meter would show the same values. In fact, I did the comparison having another demo plugin (Sonible smart comp 2) and it maked the perceived loudness louder. But anyway, I will repeat the test today.

Played i little more. Nice plugin. (Though is does make things quiter at the same volume, but this is not a huge problem). Daw sync is awseme for dance music (1/4 tempo). "Air" is good bonus.

(Though, for my stile, IK Comrexxor still can't be beaten)
Last edited by Igro on Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bought it, its exactly what I've been looking for - a high quality, analog bus plugin that can go very subtle and add glue/depth while still sounding clear and upfront, keeping the punch of the transients and not overly colouring the whole mix. SSL plugins are generally good for that but this is the best I've tried (not 100% sure its an SSL though)

This plugin will go on sale for lower than $89, right?

Return to “Effects”