Waldorf Largo

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo

I guess I'm just expecting too much, in times of inefficient home officing. ;)

Waldorf thinks of time in terms of geologic scale.

Vortifex wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:04 am Waldorf thinks of time in terms of geologic scale.
'SOON" does not always mean what you think it means when it comes to the big W. :lol:

chk071 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:04 am 2 months, and no new Largo version...
6 months and...

People started adopting high DPI screens well over 10 years ago, a GUI fix is well overdue.

I contacted them again about the release velocity issue. It used to work in the vst2 version, but not the vst3.
I downloaded it again to check if it was fixed, and now it doesn't work in either version.
The response was they'd send it on to the coders.
I think I first wrote them about it 3 or 4 years ago.

seems obvious they're all hard at work on hardware synths. the plug ins are in a pile in the corner.. sweating and gasping for air.. barely able to speak and only able to say "waatter... water.. please.. give us.. water..."

i always thought waldorf is something like bielefeld. a mere rumor. but then, there are these artefacts appearing here n there with the name waldorf on it^^

Largo still seems to be a quite unique Synth. I wonder if Waldorf once will publish a Mac arm version of it and maybe a scalable GUI? Also this synth seems to be the Software clone of their hardware blofeld, can one import blofeld sounds? A bunch of additional Filter types could improve the sound sculping possibilities… why not improving an already good product, instead building a new one?

Also, nave does not seem to have the same feature range of the largo. Is that true?

Really like those Distortion types. Reminds me a lot of radias. Are those switchable to pre-/post-Filter? And are there variable curves in the envs? This Synth easily could be improved to be even more great and feeling modern again in terms of UX…

Could be v2.0 then, which you have to pay for…

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:37 am Largo still seems to be a quite unique Synth. I wonder if Waldorf once will publish a Mac arm version of it and maybe a scalable GUI? Also this synth seems to be the Software clone of their hardware blofeld, can one import blofeld sounds? A bunch of additional Filter types could improve the sound sculping possibilities… why not improving an already good product, instead building a new one?

Also, nave does not seem to have the same feature range of the largo. Is that true?

Really like those Distortion types. Reminds me a lot of radias. Are those switchable to pre-/post-Filter? And are there variable curves in the envs? This Synth easily could be improved to be even more great and feeling modern again in terms of UX…

Could be v2.0 then, which you have to pay for…
While they state that it uses technology from the Blofeld and Q I don't believe they are 1 to 1. You can find at least one forum thread at Gearspace that discuses a difference in features.

Someone also suggested a coder that worked for Waldorf no longer works for them.

Waldorf recently revitalized their logo and website so who knows if there are other plans down the road especially in software. 2023 is still young. And they did release the Streichfett vst not long ago - https://waldorfmusic.com/streichfett-plugin-en/

Just logged in to Waldorfs website and looks like Largo 1.8.0 has been released

Largo Version Information

Changes in Version 1.8.0

- Native Apple Silicon support
- MacOS Ventura and Windows 11 supported
- Bug fixes

gkletch wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:31 am Largo Version Information

Changes in Version 1.8.0

- Bug fixes
I'm selling it right now but a nice new swanky interface might have gotten to me keep it, but nope.
The current preset system gives me a headache. :scared:

They updated PPG Wave 3.V also.

Changes in Version 1.3.1

- Apple M1 support
- Additional sound sets in installer
- Windows: Support for current Windows 10 releases
- Bug Fixing

Changes in Version 1.8.0

- Bug fixes
still running as intel here via the hosting service app. other devs had this same problem.. still waiting on the update from inGRM to solve this for AU version. with inaGRM the standalone and vst3 are apple silicon native but for some reason the AU runs as intel.

Changes in Version 1.8.0

- Bug fixes
Release velocity's still broken. Both versions now vst2 and vst3.

Return to “Instruments”