Waves already backtracking

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HM wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:52 am Photoshop, Lightroom, and Premiere is not Ahead ,.. but with a share amount of bugs ,.. the ignorance of monopoly ,.. and finally subscription

They are past and killed here ,.. Just like Waves ,.. and replaced with Affinity plus Resolve
Well this is yet to be proven. I only fairly recently became aware of how far advanced Adobe is with image and now in audio. I looked into Affinity last year and didn't find any of the easy-to-use miracles Photoshop can now do. Affinity looks good, but it's a long way behind as far as I can tell.

Similarly, Adobe's jawdropping (and currently free) Speech Enhance for podcasts is light years ahead of iZotope RX for that specific job (and I've been a big RX fan). Adobe has invested in some incredible technology, while others feel a long way behind. Perhaps it will be a new lean and mean developer that usurps them in the end.

I read only an hour ago a first hand report of how the graphics industry is still overwhelmingly Adobe-based, that the newcomers haven't made an inroad to the professionals yet. It may yet come - I rather suspect it will eventually. I hate subs, but in this respect Adobe have got it right thus far - they continue to innovate and thus remain market leaders. Perhaps this same thought was behind Waves' foolish attempt at a land grab, talking up their AI. Clarity VX is great, but they're not anything like in Adobe's imperious position overall.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

jocknaethick wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:37 am
El°HYM wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:22 pm Freaking communists like everywhere now.
Comrade! You say that like it is a bad thing!
You hear it as you wilt because you are a freaking capitalist? :shrug:
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

vurt wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:18 pm
VitaminD wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:16 pm I can only imagine the big time sales will be over though and they will make the subscriptions as attractive as they possibly can (by making the individual sales and WUP worse).
yup, difficult to convince people to pay 200 a year for plug ins you sell outright for 29.99.
What 29,00 plug costs 200,00 WUP ?

My WUP is always well over 200. To hear people trying to justify it like it's a good idea is like listening to people trying to convince me that communism is a good thing.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

rasmusklump wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:11 pm What 29,00 plug costs 200,00 WUP ?
No. Amazing amount of misinformation going on here. A single ordinary plug was usually something like $15 iirc.
Aloysius wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:21 pm My WUP is always well over 200. To hear people trying to justify it like it's a good idea is like listening to people trying to convince me that communism is a good thing.
I think the annual cap was $240, then they often did 25% off sales. Still not a stunning deal and definitely what you'd only do when you absolutely need to update. But as I've said a number of times now, I got far cheaper deals by updating my bundle in a sale - everything WUP'd and new plugins. So I'd made my peace with it all.

(Where the freaking freak did all this communist stuff come from?)
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Germany, via Highgate, I believe.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:03 pm
rasmusklump wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:11 pm What 29,00 plug costs 200,00 WUP ?
No. Amazing amount of misinformation going on here. A single ordinary plug was usually something like $15 iirc.
Aloysius wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:21 pm My WUP is always well over 200. To hear people trying to justify it like it's a good idea is like listening to people trying to convince me that communism is a good thing.
I think the annual cap was $240, then they often did 25% off sales. Still not a stunning deal and definitely what you'd only do when you absolutely need to update. But as I've said a number of times now, I got far cheaper deals by updating my bundle in a sale - everything WUP'd and new plugins. So I'd made my peace with it all.

(Where the freaking freak did all this communist stuff come from?)
If you live in Europe you have the added bonus of paying Taxes as well.

Not sure how the commie stuff started ...

:)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Karl Marx, freaking non - believers. :box:

rasmusklump wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:11 pm
VitaminD wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:16 pm I can only imagine the big time sales will be over though and they will make the subscriptions as attractive as they possibly can (by making the individual sales and WUP worse).
yup, difficult to convince people to pay 200 a year for plug ins you sell outright for 29.99.
i meant, making the subs attractive.
it's 200 plus change per year for a sub.

vurt wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:22 pm
Again that's very misleading. $200 is absolutely not the cost for one plugin, so don't claim it is. That's the cost of everything you own to be WUPped.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Are you sure they are going to bring back their famous sales?

El°HYM wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:51 pm Are you sure they are going to bring back their famous sales?
I'm not. They may or may not. I'd be extremely surprised if they made the WUP conditions worse, that would send the masses into rage again. But very deep sales - who knows.

They may not even know yet. Whatever plans they had are in the bin.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:48 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:22 pm
Again that's very misleading. $200 is absolutely not the cost for one plugin, so don't claim it is. That's the cost of everything you own to be WUPped.
what does wup have to do with it?
im saying, i don't think they'll do the massive sales on plugins, as it makes the subscriptions worth less in the long run.
most people would prefer to buy the cheap perpetual licence, than subscribe and get 190 plugs they don't use as well as the 10 they like.
so to make subscription more attractive, the prices won't go so low.

not saying that 200 has anything to do with one plug in.

noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:15 pm
El°HYM wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:51 pm Are you sure they are going to bring back their famous sales?
I'm not. They may or may not. I'd be extremely surprised if they made the WUP conditions worse, that would send the masses into rage again. But very deep sales - who knows.

They may not even know yet. Whatever plans they had are in the bin.
I doubt that they'll bring back regular deep sales. It's part of the playbook to make subscriptions more appealing to not discount much, or at all. Occasional sales to generate an influx of cash perhaps.

https://www.waves.com/news/perpetual-wa ... s-are-back
Update – March 30, 2023: Updates for Perpetual Plugins & Bundles Are Available

We would like to update you that effective immediately, you can once again renew your Waves Update Plan in order to update perpetual plugin and bundle licenses. This option will remain in place going forward.

In addition, we are working to bring back the option to purchase new perpetual licenses for plugins and bundles. This option will exist side-by-side with the new Waves Creative Access subscriptions. We are devoting all efforts to making the perpetual option available to you again as quickly as possible, and will let you know as soon as it is ready. Please check back for updates on this page.

Return to “Effects”