Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Rational wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:52 am Just read the Waves email to all customers:

"With this in mind, we will strive to find the way to make things right by you, and hopefully regain your trust."

Here's how they could do it:
1. Fire the management team/decision makers who implemented this regardless of the reasons. (Owners? Then..#2)
2. Sell the company to someone who will have a chance at winning customers back.
3. Give all past customers the latest V14 or V15 updates for free regardless of how old their old version was. WUP everyone. Now. For free. Show us you mean it.

That'd be a start.

Otherwise I see many of the thought leaders in the pro audio field making "Waves" a pariah name. Something everyone laughs at when they hear you still use them in your projects.

May happen already anyway.
Completely agree on #3. All the plugins should simply be updated to V14 with a full one year of WUP for free. This way they/we can also eliminate all the older (pre V14) versions. If free is not possible, it should be a low, common price for everyone to get all their plugins updated to V14.

However, I want to quote the following part of that email, which is not very promising. I just hope it is much much better than the typical 25% WUP discount (if not free) if they are planning to start with that, which is likely.

In addition, those of you who already own perpetual licenses will once again be able to update your plugins and receive a second license via the Waves Update Plan—again, just as before. This option, too, will be available alongside and independently of the subscription program.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:43 pm
Rational wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:52 am Just read the Waves email to all customers:

"With this in mind, we will strive to find the way to make things right by you, and hopefully regain your trust."

1. Fire the management team/decision makers who implemented this regardless of the reasons. (Owners? Then..#2)
2. Sell the company to someone who will have a chance at winning customers back.
3. Give all past customers the latest V14 or V15 updates for free regardless of how old their old version was. WUP everyone. Now. For free. Show us you mean it.

That'd be a start.

Otherwise I see many of the thought leaders in the pro audio field making "Waves" a pariah name. Something everyone laughs at when they hear you still use them in your projects.

Completely agree on #3. All the plugins should simply be updated to V14 with a full one year of WUP for free. This way they/we can also eliminate all the older (pre V14) versions. If free is not possible, it should be a low, common price for everyone to get all their plugins updated to V14.

However, I want to quote the following part of that email, which is not very promising. I just hope it is much much better than the typical 25% WUP discount (if not free) if they are planning to start with that, which is likely.

In addition, those of you who already own perpetual licenses will once again be able to update your plugins and receive a second license via the Waves Update Plan—again, just as before. This option, too, will be available alongside and independently of the subscription program.

Maybe they are reviewing it? In my account at the moment it says 'You currently have no products for which to renew the Waves Update Plan.' but I know that I have at least 3 so WUP seems to be on hold right now.

Giving V14 updates for free to all customers might be nice for people whose WUP has already run out. It might not be fair to people whose WUP is still active or just bought WUP recently though. Discounted WUP could be a better option that would not stir up another round of anger IMO.
Peace, my friends. I'm not seeking arguments here. ;)

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:24 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:43 pm

That'd be a start.

Maybe they are reviewing it? In my account at the moment it says 'You currently have no products for which to renew the Waves Update Plan.' but I know that I have at least 3 so WUP seems to be on hold right now.
Check again. It's already up now! :) What you said was the case since the launch of Waves Creative Access, but just now I see WUP active again.

https://www.waves.com/news/perpetual-wa ... s-are-back
Update – March 30, 2023: Updates for Perpetual Plugins & Bundles Are Available

We would like to update you that effective immediately, you can once again renew your Waves Update Plan in order to update perpetual plugin and bundle licenses. This option will remain in place going forward.

In addition, we are working to bring back the option to purchase new perpetual licenses for plugins and bundles. This option will exist side-by-side with the new Waves Creative Access subscriptions. We are devoting all efforts to making the perpetual option available to you again as quickly as possible, and will let you know as soon as it is ready. Please check back for updates on this page.

Seems there's no WUP price updates/discounts, which really sucks.

https://www.waves.com/support/waves-update-plan

To gain our trust after this traumatic brain injury inflicted on us Waves fans a meaningful free gift perhaps a choice of any under $30 plugin to help heal the wounds. After all we are loyal fans of Waves.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:40 pm To gain our trust after this traumatic brain injury inflicted on us Waves fans a meaningful free gift perhaps a choice of any under $30 plugin to help heal the wounds. After all we are loyal fans of Waves.
With a fair of amount of cash invested over the years.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:40 pm ... after this traumatic brain injury inflicted on us Waves fans ...
I heart some guys went into the hospital because of this!
Hope they will recover soon, poor boys! :hug:

martinjuenke wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:50 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:40 pm ... after this traumatic brain injury inflicted on us Waves fans ...
I heart some guys went into the hospital because of this!
Hope they will recover soon, poor boys! :hug:
Ha ha ha , that was somthing

This is and will be a great case study in business decisions. And, specifically, how important it is to understand your customers and what they're willing to accept while making large scale business decisions. You have to make them right the first time. Measure twice, cut once.

The Waves management clearly didn't do their homework and now they've irreparably harmed the brand and the company.

Even if they go back to 'normal', this will be remembered for a long time.

Ok, confirm please previously provided Waves products codes to redeem work fine?

I'm waiting to see how they make it right.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Hewitt Huntwork wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:46 am I'm waiting to see how they make it right.
I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.

On a side note, Plugin Alliance really has been generous with the 20 dollar off coupons the past few days. I think I've gained 7 or 8 new plugins for free. Useful items.

Which is smart on their part to get people generating user accounts and filling them with some plugins to get comfortable and established with the site... which may lead to actual sales in the future.

VitaminD wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:30 am On a side note, Plugin Alliance really has been generous with the 20 dollar off coupons the past few days. I think I've gained 7 or 8 new plugins for free. Useful items.

Which is smart on their part to get people generating user accounts and filling them with some plugins to get comfortable and established with the site... which may lead to actual sales in the future.
True. That's how they got me. Over the time I've spent more than 222€ on their plugins. I got 34, 11 of them for free, the rest rather cheap, but still 222€ in total. That's 6.55€ per plugin in average. Without their special offers and coupons I probably wouldn't have spent a single cent.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”