HY Slicer 2 Rumors

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HY-Slicer HY-Slicer2

street spirit wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:52 pm Id just like it to produce sound Lol. Like another reviewer of version 1, no audio.
Yes not a noob either.
After you slice/auto slice the sample, don't forget to fill the slices in the step sequencer :wink:

If Slicer moves more in the direction of, say, Shaperbox, Looperator, Tugliocento, etc., that'd be cool. I can see them adding three or more lanes in the main windows that could be used for effects like flanging, chorusing, tape stop, scratch, panning, distortion, formant, and so on.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Betatesting Hy Slicer 2

God, this is good fun...sure there is some to work on but have a look...

https://www.screencast.com/t/qir6r6TN5F

capracan wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:26 am Betatesting Hy Slicer 2

God, this is good fun...sure there is some to work on but have a look...

https://www.screencast.com/t/qir6r6TN5F
Far out. Great sounds. I look forward to the next version, although it's pretty nifty as is.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Well the Sounds are just Samples and Tadashi is adding more Features and better User Experience for sure...but he is fast. I hope the Slicer gets better features than Slicer Version 1. What u think u need from a Slicer?

Looking really good. Step fx looks to be a blast. Tadashi is making another big leap forward. Are there midi fx for the sequencer? It's not a big deal if there isn't( I have HY RPE2 and Strokes for that). Any which way, I'm in-

i suggest to trigger the Pattern via Midi also i miss some Midi-Features for triggering FX Parameters or Playmodes and Replay Timings/ Division.
I think he will implement it because it was also in Slicer 1 and its must have...

Sounds good. I have everything HY except for Slicer 1, as I have several other plugs for such. But it looks like version 2 I'll get. Thanks for the info!

Slicer 1 was not bad but after i found some issues for the slice process Tadashi tell me he is thinking or working on Slicer 2.
There are some Nice Slicers outside for sure.
- Turnado
- Slice Ex
- Initial Slice
- Serato Sample
- Vice 2
- TX16Wx

Slicer for me is must have, i got so many Samples and a Slicer really helps out to mix Samples and Parts of them.
With Slicer 2 i can mix a lot well together and save it as a Preset...but i mussing some like Render OUT Tracks or trigger Pattern via Keyboard.
I am sure there will be more to come.

Some Plugins are so huge they could be a own DAW ^^, like Initil Slice, Slicer 2 could be as well...

In Slicer, is it possible to lock slices from further randomization? And is there a list of what can be randomized? Thx

Hi

For me the number one feature (and I think it must be the starting point for any sample manipulation app) is having a editing view window that is both large (preferably full screen) and easily editable for - don't get that right and it starts off as a nightmare: who wants to be editing a complex sample in a 12cm x 4cm window!!!

@gus
Random fill Slices in Slice slots is actually not implemented.
Yes, Lock Steps in Track Effects from further randomization is working, but mayb this lock will affecting also random fill sliced in slice slots.
dont know yet...
You can Randomize each Step in a Track Effect or set a Global Value for the Track Effects
Last edited by NWSM on Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

@original flipper
yes your right....the slicer itself need some work...the slices marker drop is not very precise near the zero crossing (feels like)...you can
edit every slice further from the slice slots, you get another window to set up Start/ End Marker.

i also wish having a bigger and good Sample-View on Top...maybe i will suggest later...
i thought also on zooming and fades for Slices

Really like the Vice2 Slicer with Sensitivity (think it will be implemented), Midimode to play all Slices as a Drum Kit,
can be possible but u got a lot of Slots and lot of Slices, maybe this will not work well...

should give him a bit time...

Any time frame for the release of Slicer 2?

Does anyone know if HY Slicer 2 automatically time stretches the tail portion of each slice so as to avoid noticeable gaps between slices when the tempo is slowed down? Because if it doesn't do this, then what good is it?

Even Propellerheads ancient "ReCycle" program provides the option to extend the tails of each slice. ReCycle does this in a really archaic manner that doesn't sound very good. But it's better than nothing.

Return to “Instruments”