GUI Strangeness-Access for plug-in parameters very limited

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My rig:-Mac Studio-Ventura 13.2.1-Pro Tools v 2023.3 Running Natively under Silicon (Behavior however is the same under Rosetta)-Studio One v6.1.1-Reason v 12.5.1-Blue Cat v 2.65-Omnisphere (up to date)-Scaler v 2.7.3-Kontakt v 7.3.0

Having trouble with GUI access to plug-in information inside Blue Cat running Pro Tools and VST plug-ins. As an example, if I load an instantiation of Scaler VST3/latest version, I get limited or no access to pull-down menus or other areas of the plug-in itself. I can see the very bottom of the pull-down menus but there's no way to actually access them. It's essentially hidden behind the plug-in itself.

Spectrasonic stuff is similar. If I call up a VST version of Omnisphere in Blue Cat I get a locked bottom 3rd-ish of the Omnisphere GUI. I can't maneuver inside Omnisphere itself. No way to search pre-sets. Also, at some point, Blue Cat will not allow access to Omnisohere at all. Clicking on the "show plugin button and..no Omniphere. Native Instrument stuff behaves the same. I haven't tried all of my softsynth VI's as of yet but Omnisphere, Scaler, and Kontakt are core for me.

It's important to note audio seems to behave exactly as it should. I just can't access plug-in parameters and pull-down menus.

It's also important to note Studio One runs Blue Cat chains exactly as it should across the board, BUT Reason+ behaves exactly as it does in Pro Tools.

Distilled; Bluecat works in Studio One but does not work in Pro Tools and Reason+

Hope someone can help and thanks in advance!

Thanks for the heads up.

After a bit of research, it seems that this update of Pro Tools contains some pretty large changes regarding GUI behavior that trigger some bugs in many AAX plug-ins (especially those using the JUCE framework). I am pretty sure that this is also what happens with those VST plug-ins here.

Regarding the menus, have you tried to enable (or disable) the "plug-ins editors always on top" option in the PatchWork preferences? (You may have to reload the session to make sure it is active).

Thank's for the quick replay!

I have not tried enable (or disable) the "plug-ins editors always on top" option in the PatchWork preferences cause for the life of me I can't find the preferences. I can find the preference page in the stand-alone app but that doesn't display the "plug-in editors always on top" option.

I can't download the manual right now cause I think your servers are temporarily down. Could you perhaps direct me in the right direction?

Found the preference page. Kinda was right in front of my nose, but still getting used to the layout. I got a chance to disable all editors on top and that worked for Scaler. I didn't get a chance to look at the other VI's but will tonight, and report back.

--Thank you,
Don

Just to update: The great majority of my VI's are behaving correctly now including Scaler. The Native Instrument stuff, of which I was having problems, is now working. The Spectrasonic's stuff (Omnishere and Stylus) is still problematic both from a parameter access perspective, as well as eventually it freezes Patchwork completely. The only way out is to ditch that instantiation. Some, but not all Arturia plug-ins show the same anomalies.

I think I have enough latitude to do most of what I need to do with Patchwork, but if you could look into it that'd be swell. I'd love to have some Omnisphere/Arturia/Blue Cat presets.

Thanks again

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”