Blue Cat's Plug'n Script 3.32 Released

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Plug'n Script

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:47 pm
iluvcapra wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:12 am Hey I hope there are plans to allow PNS to insert onto 7.0.2/7.1.2 signal paths on AAX/Pro Tools, I've lately really needed a utility to do some metering and channel remapping in Atmos!
There have indeed been many request to support these new formats in Pro Tools. We'll investigate!
16 audio channels to make it work with both Ambisonics as well as all standard Dolby Atmos speaker layouts would be a godsend!
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Hi,

I really don’t understand programming, as the following question will highlight.

Would I be able to use this to make a gui for Airwindows plugins?

I would be willing to learn to do that. Lol

Thanks

saint_william wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:42 pm Hi,

I really don’t understand programming, as the following question will highlight.

Thanks
Almost certainly not. If you're talking about adding a UI to a compiled plugin, then whatever you build needs to be a VST host itself, ie able to load that plugin, and 'wrap' a UI around it, and also a plugin, so that you can use in some DAW.
There are some plugin 'subhosts' like Element that can do this.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:04 pm

Thanks
Almost certainly not. If you're talking about adding a UI to a compiled plugin, then whatever you build needs to be a VST host itself, ie able to load that plugin, and 'wrap' a UI around it, and also a plugin, so that you can use in some DAW.
There are some plugin 'subhosts' like Element that can do this.
Right, that’s what I thought.

Any idea what coding language I woukd need to learn to write code to apply a gui to an airwindows plug in? Even just super simple dials with no real detail.

I know this is a dead horse - so if there is a thread that i haven’t found where this is addressed I’d be happy to head there to learn.

Thanks

saint_william wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:02 pm Any idea what coding language I woukd need to learn to write code to apply a gui to an airwindows plug in? Even just super simple dials with no real detail.
Airwindows plugins are C++ code, and the code is available, so if you were going to be modifying the original plugins, C++ is probably what you'd want to be using. (Unless you wanted to try converting the original code to some other language but you'd need to know enough C++ and the 'something else' )

A wrapper would be a far more complex proposition, but C++ is the most typical programming language for plugins and hosts, so again, probably that.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Thanks
It is possible to do it but requires a pretty large amount of work!

Hey there :-)
just a few questions regarding parameters, as I am working on a project that possibly needs a larger amount of in/out parameters....

How does this info fit together ?
- website: >>Up to 48 input parameters and 32 outputs, with full MIDI and automation control.<<
- V3.32: >>It is now possible to export plug-ins with an unlimited number of parameters.
The user interface does not throw errors anymore when using more than 48 input parameters in a script (they are simply not displayed).<<

Hmmmm....so ... can I actually use more than 48 input parameters ? what would >>they are simply not displayed<< mean then ? What about max. number of output parameters and output strings ?

Thanks in advance,
Cheers
http://www.pulpoaudio.com
Virtual Percussion Instruments
email: pulpo@pulpoaudio.com

You can use only up to 48 parameters inside Plug'n Script but if you define more parameters in your scripts, the exported plug-in will be able to use all parameters, regardless of the 48 limit.

During development you can use the following (not yet document) hack:
create a config.ini plain text file with the following line (change the number to appropriate value):

Code: Select all

maxInputParamsCount=64
And place it in your documents/Blue Cat Audio/Blue Cat's Plug'n Script/

Next time your reload Plug'n Script it will have more parameters. Just be aware that this impacts the compatibility with existing sessions and presets. So it should only be used for development of a new plug-in that you want to export with more parameters. You can remove the file when you are done if you want to reload existing sessions with Plug'n Script.

In Plugin Script, can you control multiple threads via angel script?

There is no threading API in angelscript. You can however do whatever you want using native scripting instead.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”