Reason 12 is here

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SebAV wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:33 am Perhaps with the new Objekt synth released next Thursday, M1 power will be necessary ?
Next Thursday? Oh crap... I feel I will have to buy it....

We snuck out some sound examples early so you can have a listen before launch: https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... on/objekt/

EDIT: I guess this should probably be in the Instrument sub-forum... ah well :phones:

Anosou wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:01 pm We snuck out some sound examples early so you can have a listen before launch: https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... on/objekt/

EDIT: I guess this should probably be in the Instrument sub-forum... ah well :phones:
Sweet. Make it free for us loyal perpetual Reasonites, Anosou!

I wonder why I bought UVI Quadra Metal and Wood...

machinesworking wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 2:17 am
EnochLight wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:53 pm
machinesworking wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 7:52 pm IMO it's pretty messy as a DAW, and that's not on Apple users or the Rack plug in, they had 15 years to make it amazing, and it's not.
You’re on crack. Reason DAW is magnificent.
:lol: and you’re on LSD if you think Reasons timeline is magnificent! OK OK I jumped from 2.5 to 10 more than a decade later and it doesn’t stand out as anywhere near as fluid or UX oriented as the other 5 DAWs on my computer but I’ll give it another shot, might have to take some mescaline first.
No hallucinogens required, actually :D - you either vibe with Reason's workflow or you don't. It's all good. :party:

It's far from messy, though. But often we're told by others...

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Looking forward to this. As much as one part of me would love this instrument to be free, I can not see this in reality. I mean the amount of R&D and whatnot - making such an instrument really isn't just copy-paste or rehashing old stuff. The point is I will gladly pay up to $99 once I trial Objekt and if it pleases me - I will purchase it.

EnochLight wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 2:56 pm No hallucinogens required, actually :D - you either vibe with Reason's workflow or you don't. It's all good. :party:

It's far from messy, though. But often we're told by others...
Mostly it really seems like Reason went from a half screen DAW in 2.5 into an at least two screen DAW, as soon as I broke off the Rack and stuck in on another screen clutter went away. It's all good, I'm just super unfamiliar with it now, and disappointed that it no longer rewires into other DAWs. I always loved it for the way it depicts various drum and step sequencers in the timeline, and often would do most of the song in Reason, then record audio, advanced MIDI editing etc. in either DP or Logic.

So yeah, having people defend it makes it more interesting to maybe learn it again. I'm pretty ridiculous with the amount of DAWs I know and use, but Reasons great step sequencers are compelling.

machinesworking wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:22 pm Mostly it really seems like Reason went from a half screen DAW in 2.5 into an at least two screen DAW, as soon as I broke off the Rack and stuck in on another screen clutter went away.
IMHO, Reason wasn't a DAW in 2.5 (never was - not even close). It didn't become an actual DAW of sorts until Reason 5 + Record, and by extension - when Reason 6 appeared and it joined with Record and then when 6.5 introduced Rack Extensions. I'd say at that point it could be considered a DAW in the traditional sense (even though it took until Reason 9.5 for VST support). :lol:

But I know what you mean about dual-screens, which is probably why I have a dual-monitor system. I've worked with Reason on 2 displays for over 20 years, and don't enjoy working with a single screen much. I can see how that might confuse people, though F5/F6/F7 solves that pretty much.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Anosou wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:01 pm EDIT: I guess this should probably be in the Instrument sub-forum... ah well :phones:
I’m sure there’ll be a thread in the instrument sub-forum when released :)

Anosou wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:13 pm
Tronam wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:35 pm
Meester Smeeeth wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:28 pm My point is, if they'd announced an M1 public beta a couple of days ago I'd have bought the upgrade. I don't care if it's deliberate or not, that was just an aside.
After 20 months this could end up being the last major update to R12, so it might be worth waiting until R13 at this point.
In the interest of transparency, we've announced that we'll only release free updates to Reason 12 during all of 2023 and that we currently don't know when a Reason 13 could be released. It's in this blog post: https://reasonstudios.com/blog/roadmap- ... as-agevik/
Just thought I'd drop by and say that I put my money where my mouth is and bought the update to 12 as it's back to 40% off... Guess I was being too cynical ;-)

Meester Smeeeth wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 11:33 am
Meester Smeeeth wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:28 pm My point is, if they'd announced an M1 public beta a couple of days ago I'd have bought the upgrade. I don't care if it's deliberate or not, that was just an aside.
After 20 months this could end up being the last major update to R12, so it might be worth waiting until R13 at this point.
In the interest of transparency, we've announced that we'll only release free updates to Reason 12 during all of 2023 and that we currently don't know when a Reason 13 could be released. It's in this blog post: https://reasonstudios.com/blog/roadmap- ... as-agevik/
Just thought I'd drop by and say that I put my money where my mouth is and bought the update to 12 as it's back to 40% off... Guess I was being too cynical ;-)
Happy music making :party:

Anosou wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:21 pm
Meester Smeeeth wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 11:33 am
Happy music making :party:
... and happy software development to you. One more Reason user here who likes the software very much for the creative side of producing. And staying at version 12 for a bit longer hasn't only got disadvantages.

BoogerSnotOrchestra wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:04 pm 12.6 = M1 support 8)
Thank you Reason Studios, been looking forward to this, did not disappoint. :phones:
I spoke too soon. Purchased their Polystep Sequencer Rack Extension Player and it doesn’t show up in Reason or the Rack VST, even though it’s shown as authorized.

I go to their website to get support, and am directed to an article that has like a 10% rating, meaning other people are likely having the same issue, and there’s no way to contact support?! WTF?

I end up having to use the Feedback Form, which they say to NOT use for support offering up a link instead to a Support Form which isn’t a contact form but rather the article section that I was led to before.

Propellerhead/Reason has felt like a company on its last legs for a while now, this experience does nothing to dispel that. :x
Yo Leroy!

I have the Polystep Sequencer showing up just fine in either RRP or Reason Stand Alone
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

sQeetz wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:38 am I have the Polystep Sequencer showing up just fine in either RRP or Reason Stand Alone
I bought a bunch of other ones from Reason (not third party) and it's pretty clear there's some sort of conflict. When I delete PolyStep then download again, after opening Reason it says it needs to authorize again, and it makes another download and PolyStep is still missing.

Bigger issue though is the lack of support. I followed the instructions on their site, still had a problem, and there's no way to contact them properly??? Ridiculously unprofessional. Hopefully the Feedback Form works.
Yo Leroy!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”