Osc/MIDI 2.0

Official support for: accsone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,
I am wondering if OSC and or MIDI 2.0 support is in the future of Crusher X (MIDI 2.0 is being implemented into Mac OS and Windows OS this year)?
I own a lot of MIDI drum licks I would like to use as control parameters. Currently I have been recording my edrums sensor output directly to an audio track to preserve for dynamics (MIDI 1.0 only allows for 127 step resolution).
Thanks

Hi,

OSC (Open Sound Control) is a very flexible standard developed and used mainly in the academic field. A major argument for OSC is that crusher-X can be steered directly by the controller and bypass the DAW. MIDI 2.0 might ramp up but it will definitive takes a time until all DAWs/OSs will support it.

Until now it is not clear to us how much market demand is behind OSC - so happy for every comment sharing a desire here :help:

Best
accSone

Thanks for the reply freq.
I think the big red herring (with the exception of midi 2.0) of MIDI and OSC is specific information on time domain (event timing) and especially dynamic information. What is the resolution of events? There are many proprietary formats that are specific to the manufacturer.
For example i have been trying to find information on the internal resolution of Yamaha/Roland electronic drum modules for years.

Regards

Return to “accSone”