New Fangled Generate Update

Official support for: eventide.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Generate

Hi folks,
I just updated my copy of Generate, and the patches I made seem to have disappeared, which is a real pity. I know I should have backed them up. But after some further investigation
It turns out they now all reside in the documents folder under
/Newfangled Audio/Generate/Old Presets
the new presets are in
/Newfangled Audio/Generate/Presets
another thing is the old presets are *.tide files,
but the new ones are *.nfa files
The file formats are different too, which means manually moving my files in the correct place for generate to find them works, but *.tide files are missing some tags. Hence, things like the author, previously defined by the directory structure, are now tags in the file, and I don't seem to be able to edit this from inside Generate. Does anyone know how to import all my old presets, or do I need to edit them manually into *.nfa files?

It should have backed them up into a folder called 'Old Presets' during the install process (did for me). It will load the old ones though if you put them in their own folder in 'Presets' - however I converted all mine and added a thumbnail so I could browse them more easily and add tags.

Thanks for the speedy reply!
But how did you convert them?

Just load and resave - as I said it will still load the old format but it just lacks the tags that make it easier to find in the browser

Nice, OK, thanks for that. I shall work my way through my patches,

As it happens I updated Generate yesterday and did a complete preset vetting and sorting which took more than I bargained for in terms of time, but I'm ocd in the sense that once I started I had to finish it, but I digress, the point being that I realized again how great this synth is for bass. I didn't really know how good it is for pads. It even has a number of decent keys, something I def. did not really expect it to be useful (or perhaps optimal is a better word) for.

The new oscillator types are great, at least one of them is; and while it's not your so called bread and butter synth still necessarily, what it does bring is it's own flavor that is at a quality level where that isn't a moot point. I thought this before but w/ some synths my opinions swing from nearly one extreme to the next but Generate is now confirmed quality to me and I'm working it more into my productions and will prob. grab for it more often.

So good job on the synth. btw as to the OP, my presets transferred over fine in the update, but I really hadn't built up much of a collection before so if they hadn't it wouldn't have mattered, in fact I may not have even noticed.

Return to “Eventide”