16.06a beta + MDrumStrip + a little poll

Official support for: meldaproduction.com

Do you like the rainbow graph as default?

Yes
65%
I do like it, but not as default
16%
No
19%

Total votes: 80

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Reaper | MComplete Bundle

Frankie.T wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:44 pm Somehow i cannot place my vote, anyway i vote NO
And yet since you posted that the Yes votes have augmented.

Anyways, it would be 49% No and 51% Yes the basic idea - also shown by splitting the No vote so that it has less visual impact in the poll display - was to impose this right from the start no matter what. That's how cool Melda seems to have become as a business.

jan-sandahl wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:49 pm [triad product image]
McDonalds' makes bad hamburgers. You do not have to make the same at home.

40 votes "Yes"
24 votes "No" (12 + 12)

That's ~62% yes ~38% no.

mevla wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:40 am Anyways, it would be 49% No and 51% Yes the basic idea - also shown by splitting the No vote so that it has less visual impact in the poll display - was to impose this right from the start no matter what. That's how cool Melda seems to have become as a business.
What do you think is being "imposed" on you here? A differently colored graph that you can turn off as you wish? Seems crazy to worry so much about this.

nickjuk wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 2:28 pm What do you think is being "imposed" on you here? A differently colored graph that you can turn off as you wish? Seems crazy to worry so much about this.
Right from the start the poll was not formulated in a honest way.

"Do you like the rainbow graph as default?"

[ ] Yes
[ ] I do like it, but not as default
[ ] No

Explain why there are two 'no' options.

mevla wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:27 am
nickjuk wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 2:28 pm What do you think is being "imposed" on you here? A differently colored graph that you can turn off as you wish? Seems crazy to worry so much about this.

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

I think you might be reading too much into this one…

mevla wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:27 am

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

One explanation:

One needs to look at what would be tacitly said (implied but not really stated), here in quotation marks. In this explanation, it is assumed that two questions are put forward as one; do you like the rainbow graph? and, do you want it as default/option?, probably for simplicity.

[ ] Yes "I do like it, have it as default"
[ ] Yes I do like it, but not as default
[ ] No "I don't like it, but have it as an option"
"[ ] No I don't like it, just delete it"

Fourth option is not available, since the feature removal would be more of an imposition than having it hidden.

SO MUCH drama over a color rainbow (which corresponds to energy levels contained in different visible wavelengths of light- any other meaning is IMAGINED).
Anyway, maybe Vojtech & team could let us pick colors of a gradient? Like a color picker wheel thingy.
Also, I still don't know what the drumsrip thingy is. What is that exactly?

GusGranite wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:43 am I think you might be reading too much into this one…
So you do not know and instead you point the finger at the other.

Nspace wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:45 am One needs to look at what would be tacitly said (implied but not really stated), here in quotation marks. In this explanation, it is assumed that two questions are put forward as one; do you like the rainbow graph? and, do you want it as default/option?, probably for simplicity.
I do not agree. In English, "to like as ..." is something different than "to like".

Do you like peanut butter ? Yes.

Do you like peanut butter as a pizza topping ? No.

Has nothing to do with the colours of the rainbow. It has specifically to do with a 'rainbow graph as default'.

Every single time I use Bitwig I work with colours of the rainbow. Every single time I use the Launchpad - which is every time I use Bitwig - I work with the corresponding colours of the rainbow for remote controls and other parameters.

The question was specifically about a 'rainbow graph as default'. And you do not have any answer neither for having three options.

Moreover I never used graph overlays and just checked it now with version 15.02 and there are no one-button disabling. So another button had to be added to the GUI especially for that.

Why all that trouble ? Coming from Joe Blow I'd somehow understand, but coming from a software programmer that very well knows about different logic states ?

What does that mean about future software development ? Funny that such a logic glitch happens shortly after Image Line bought the outfit.

mevla wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:05 pm
GusGranite wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:43 am I think you might be reading too much into this one…
Okadapoka.

Nspace wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:23 pm ... As a side note, your particular takes on certain color meanings could actually be considered sexist or ageist; "Pink means female" and "Rainbow colors men gay or children" and hence offensive for people of all ages and sexes tuned to present times' perceptions.
:nutter: :dog: :nutter:
This whole subject is off-topic but I just couldn't resist, I had to respond! :-x
How can someone's associations on colours, or someone's "colour meaning decoding" be offensive to someone else? Please give the freedom to everyone to think whatever they want about colours. I give you the freedom to think differently. :love:
What colours mean to me, what associations I consider personal or cultural is no one else's business. Please don't try to police anyone for thinking pink=female. My daughter thinks pink=female and I'm absolutely fine with it, there is nothing offensive about it. If it offends you or anyone else...tough luck, learn to deal with it, because believe me it's not me who forced her to like the colour pink. She wanted a pink bed, pink curtains, unbearably kitschy pink pony...me and my wife hated all of it :) Than my son was born 3 years later. We brought him home from the hospital into my daughter's completely pink room, full of dolls, fluffy animals and a dolls house. So he couldn't be brought up in a more "girly" environment even if I wanted to. Guess what: he hated pink since he could express it, his favorite colour is blue since he was still less than 2 :)

I know the above is just a silly non representative example but still, please leave me alone with the "particular takes on certain color meanings could actually be considered sexist or ageist" nonsense. If my take on colours is offensive to you or to someone else... than it's high time to face some real life challenges, it's high time to grow up. :tantrum: :box: :tantrum:

:hug:
Last edited by ozonepaul on Wed May 31, 2023 2:30 pm, edited 6 times in total.

I kinda like it the colourful way.

And MDrumStrip is great, giving quick results. It's a lot of fun to work with. I know I criticised it in the beginning, but now I've fallen in love. More channel strips, please. :)

GusGranite wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:14 pm
mevla wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:05 pm
Okadapoka.
Sorry.

Return to “MeldaProduction”