Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Harry_HH wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:49 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:09 pm Oh great. Is UA the new PA in here?
More importantly - does the UAD AD hardware driver work well with the Windows?
Stop it. This is all getting very silly!

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:41 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:09 pm Oh great. Is UA the new PA in here?
Don’t stop me. The idea of the Forum in conversation. If that what I argue isn’t correct in your opinion, let us know your opinion.

Thanks I was able to get opal, poly and the organ for $100 from uad. I only tried opal but was so impressed by the out of the box sound I wanted the rest.

Harry_HH wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:25 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:41 am
Don’t stop me. The idea of the Forum in conversation. If that what I argue isn’t correct in your opinion, let us know your opinion.
I’m sorry, you are after all the arbiter of what is and what isn’t more important.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Hyde Park Corner

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=48
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

UA has no issues on windows, as long as you only need ASIO. So any DAW work is fine. The problem is with their WDM drivers to use on other everyday software.

rellagher wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:22 pm UA has no issues on windows, as long as you only need ASIO. So any DAW work is fine. The problem is with their WDM drivers to use on other everyday software.
Here is a recent UAD Apollo/Win user-comment - you find several similar:

”…On the bad side, Windows drivers just suck. I've had lots of problems with them and eventually just bought a mac. I've got a motherboard with TB3-4 support and everything from getting it to even connect to the PC has been a pain. I managed to get everything working but still got ~3 times a week total freeze of audio drivers & sometimes there were 1s hiccups... I probably messed ~3 months on Windows. I even upgraded to Windows 11 and reinstalled everything. Eventually I gave up and bought a Mac.”

https://www.thomann.de/fi/universal_aud ... ng%5B%5D=2

It seems to me that UA is more focused on Mac than Windows. The clearest proof is Luna being Mac only. That doesn’t mean you can’t get by (especially with the USB and firewire versions) but don’t expect the same level of support.

Frankly, I don’t see much point in getting the hardware now that the plugins are available natively. The only times I use my DSP plugins now are when I’m using my 2012 iMac. On my 2019 MacBook, I only use the native versions.

Uncle E wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:51 pm It seems to me that UA is more focused on Mac than Windows. The clearest proof is Luna being Mac only. That doesn’t mean you can’t get by (especially with the USB and firewire versions) but don’t expect the same level of support.

Frankly, I don’t see much point in getting the hardware now that the plugins are available natively. The only times I use my DSP plugins now are when I’m using my 2012 iMac. On my 2019 MacBook, I only use the native versions.
What's the average CPU usage difference between the same DSP plugin vs. native UAD plugin?

Does anybody has Timeshaper by Cableguys that won't be used? YES I know, I am late to the party but nothing is lost for asking ^^

Cheers

How do you know which T-racks stuff you already own, without going through and counting them individually? I logged in under the complete your max package, and it said I was missing 13 items. However, I’m pretty sure that’s not true at all, after the last big group buy.

Does the make your own bundle promotion drop down, prevent you from purchasing something you already own?

jrides wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:15 pm Does the make your own bundle promotion drop down, prevent you from purchasing something you already own?
YES it does;..but check your custom shop before you make any purchases. Two things I was going to use the bundle on (the fairchild thing and comprexxor) I already owned from doing the IK surveys!

after you make the bundle purchase, go to the promotions page of your user account. (upper right, click on the icon, click promotions. youll find X amount of vouchers depending on how many plugins are in the bundle you chose. The dropdown will have whatever things you already own greyed out and will not allow you to choose them.

(i purchased the farm stone room, the sunset sound reverb, the fame studio reverb, and the tascam tape emus)

I wish they had expanded the offer to amplitube as well, as I was only missing Stone Room and Joe Chiccarelli, but would have liked the collection of mesaboogie I don’t have. Still, I like the Joe Chiccarelli more than similar offerings out there. I wish IK would do more video tutorials, as their plugins are great. I scrape the surface of what I could be doing.

theviirus wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:56 pm
jrides wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:15 pm Does the make your own bundle promotion drop down, prevent you from purchasing something you already own?
YES it does;..but check your custom shop before you make any purchases. Two things I was going to use the bundle on (the fairchild thing and comprexxor) I already owned from doing the IK surveys!

after you make the bundle purchase, go to the promotions page of your user account. (upper right, click on the icon, click promotions. youll find X amount of vouchers depending on how many plugins are in the bundle you chose. The dropdown will have whatever things you already own greyed out and will not allow you to choose them.

(i purchased the farm stone room, the sunset sound reverb, the fame studio reverb, and the tascam tape emus)
Great! Thanks!

Aloysius wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:57 pm The SAVE25 doesn't work for me anymore but the UALURKER4LIFE has worked twice. Thanks for that. Is the TY code THANKYOU? That doesn't work for me.

I am only receiving emails from PP after purchase. Nothing from UA. The offers in my account are not suitable for me and there are no additional codes there.
I think SAVE25 and the custom Thank You in-cart codes are one use only. The Lurker one does work multiple times though.

I keep getting spammed by UA with emails saying "Save an Extra $25 with This Coupon" - but there's no coupon code in the email, and clicking through from the email to my account/cart shows nothing.

It's perfectly OK to dish out single-use coupons - no issue with that - just tell customers and stop emailing them about it like they haven't used it, when they have.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”