Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

I printed a dry keyboard track from one of my Yamaha synths to audio and put the Juno 60 chorus on the audio track. Sounds great! Could never do that back in the day. Thanks Roland!

Shiek927 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:33 pm Hey Roland Cloud!! it's been a minute since I've been around, but my requests have remained the same for years

The JP8000/8080
The JD-990
The V-Synth

These three digital synths are really the only thing left that I'm still looking for from the Roland family :). The JP8000 deserves to be brought back as the classic that it is. The JD990 is a crown jewel of a synth and one that I've owned in hardware before. Paired with the Vintage Synth card and it's absolutely sublime.

The V-Synth is more of a 'want' instead of a 'need', but I've owned the V1 Keyboard and the XT and it's absolutely fantastic for sound-design. It felt like I had an old-school hardware version of Omnisphere and I bet it was used in scoring during the 2000's extensively.

If you guys get around to making a plugin, my suggestions would be to choose the V-Synth XT. The reason is because the XT, more than either keyboard variant, would be absolutely perfect for a desktop user. The giant touchscreen display felt like I was operating a giant VST. These are plugins after all and not hardware! there doesn't need to be a faux keyboard on the GUI or tiny knobs like you're operating hardware. The interface might as well benefit the user and a software experience.

The XT would pair very well with a keyboard and mouse for the computer-based musician and would translate very well as a plugin, more-so than emulating the V1 keyboard or GT.

The other suggestion would be to make sure that sample-import is included. That's one of the biggest strengths of the V-Synth series after all. Running vocals through the Varisynth engine makes for some wonderful vocal effects. It would be fun to bring those back!

Thank you and have a good weekend ahead!
Hey Shiek97! The XT is great. An interesting model of the V-synth. Modeling the V-Synth after the XT would definitely solve the conundrum of how to include a D-Beam in a plug-in. :phew:

Jon at Roland wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:02 pm Modeling the V-Synth after the XT would definitely solve the conundrum of how to include a D-Beam in a plug-in. :phew:

You know what else would solve a conundrum?

system-8_please.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

a eurorack format XT Boutique with screen and 1/4" jacks.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

On Facebook they say they are running their Play-4-Life offer right now, but I haven't seen any news about it on their own website.
https://www.rolandcloud.com/news

Examigan wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:53 pm On Facebook they say they are running their Play-4-Life offer right now, but I haven't seen any news about it on their own website.
Hi Examigan! Jon from Roland Cloud. That is a typo and has since been fixed! Play 4 Life has not been announced at this time. :)

Jon at Roland wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:40 pm
Examigan wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:53 pm On Facebook they say they are running their Play-4-Life offer right now, but I haven't seen any news about it on their own website.
Hi Examigan! Jon from Roland Cloud. That is a typo and has since been fixed! Play 4 Life has not been announced at this time. :)
Maybe you should update or just remove this page of your website also, as it seems it hasn't been updated for nearly 3 years and can make it a bit confusing:
("Act now, this promotion ends on December 31, 2020")
https://www.rolandcloud.com/news/play-4-life

I just noticed an update for Jupiter 4, 8, and Juno 106 are available. They are at v2 now. Was that announced and I just missed it?

Roland.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

oops! I see now I missed it when they were updated. :dog:
Jon at Roland wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:41 pm Hi everyone! My name is Jon and I work for Roland Cloud. I'm seeing a lot of people asking what has changed with v2 of the Jupiter-4, Jupiter-8 and JUNO-106 so I thought I'd share some resources on the new feautres.

All three instruments are now AU/VST/AAX fully Silicon Native. We also added a Circuit Mod knob and new sound banks. We made changes to the interface of each instrument, updated the graphics and made some adjustments to workflow including a new searchable browser that allows you to rate all your favorite patches. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

Some questions.

Is there anything that the JV 1080 plugin can do that the XV 5080 can't? I think the XV 5080 has the JV 1080 waveforms plus alot more?

Re Play4life..I know that in the year you can choose an instrument as a lifetime key and change it with the year. But I thought I saw somewhere that as long as you have paid membership you can change that lifetime key whenever you like? That seems a bit odd but nice if it is true.

Finally at some point I'm going to need to downgrade from Pro to Core. I've seen on the Cloud FAQs that you downgrade by basically cancelling you current subscription and you then get a survey asking why you are leaving..surely there is a way of simply switching your membership level rather than cancelling one and then starting another?

Finally at the end of the billing cycle, either the month or the year does Roland simply take another month or year's payment if you've forgotten to cancel?
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

ChamomileShark wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:28 pm Is there anything that the JV 1080 plugin can do that the XV 5080 can't? I think the XV 5080 has the JV 1080 waveforms plus alot more?
There is discussion about that on this page:

viewtopic.php?t=475542&start=465

thanks but that seems to be more a comparison of the JV 1080 plugin and the XV 5080 hardware? I didn't think that the XV 5080 plugin came out until 2019?
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

I forgot I recently asked the Roland Cloud people about the waveforms and they mentioned this:

"The XV-5080 contains the waveforms of the JV-1080 and JV-2080.
The JV-1080 is an exact recreation of the original JV-1080 with more presets and some minor functionality changes."

I just checked, and the XV-5080 and JV-1080 plugins have the same number of waveforms: 1,083

On this page is some additional info:

viewtopic.php?t=475542&start=3090

ChamomileShark wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:28 pm Some questions.

Is there anything that the JV 1080 plugin can do that the XV 5080 can't? I think the XV 5080 has the JV 1080 waveforms plus alot more?

Re Play4life..I know that in the year you can choose an instrument as a lifetime key and change it with the year. But I thought I saw somewhere that as long as you have paid membership you can change that lifetime key whenever you like? That seems a bit odd but nice if it is true.

Finally at some point I'm going to need to downgrade from Pro to Core. I've seen on the Cloud FAQs that you downgrade by basically cancelling you current subscription and you then get a survey asking why you are leaving..surely there is a way of simply switching your membership level rather than cancelling one and then starting another?

Finally at the end of the billing cycle, either the month or the year does Roland simply take another month or year's payment if you've forgotten to cancel?
Hey ChamomileShark, Jon from Roland Cloud here. Great questions! Play 4 Life has not yet been announced so, be on the lookout for that! How Play 4 Life has worked in the past is that in order to qualify for Play 4 Life you had to sign up for either an annual Pro membership, where you are rewarded one Lifetime Key, or an annual Ultimate Membership, where you are rewarded two. During the year, you are able to swap out your rewarded instruments until the year is up in which case they become Lifetime Keys and can not be changed. For this reason we recommend signing up for an ultimate membership because with an Ultimate Membership you can mess around with our whole library of instruments before you make your decision. You're able to renew Play 4 Life for up to 10 Lifetime Keys in total. Annual and monthly memberships auto-renew but with annual you will be notified when your year is up.

As for the JV-1080 vs. the XV-5080. The XV-5080 Soft synth was released a couple years after the JV-1080. The XV-5080 contains the waveforms of the JV-1080 and JV-2080 and expanded presets. The biggest difference is the meticulous recreation of the design of each unit. If you wanted the experience of owning a JV-1080 or XV-5080 then you can! It's up to your personal preference. :) :)

Return to “Instruments”