EastWest - Forbidden Planet - i dont get it.... why not get Zebra2 for example?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

this is the weirdest f**king thread. Are these all bots?

To answer the OP's original question regarding whether to get Zebra 2 instead of Forbidden Planet, it really depends on what type of music you write. I own Zebra 2 and it's a very flexible, good sounding synth plugin suitable for a wide variety of musical styles and genres. Urs from u-he is currently working on Zebra v3 which should sound even more impressive while being even more versatile.

However, to my ears there is nothing in Zebra 2 that really comes close to having the impact of the sounds in Forbidden Planet. That library seems squarely aimed at film composers (either established or aspirational,) people writing music for trailers or game scores, musicians writing more ominous sounding atmospheric music, etc. For its intended audience, Forbidden Planet really does deliver the goods. As SLIC said, it's better than any "cinematic" Kontakt library that I own.
D-550, EX-8000, Juno 60, Matrix-1000, MicroWave I Rev A, MicroWave II XT, MKS-7, MkS-20 x2, MKS-30, MKS-50, MKS-70, MKS-80 rev 4, MKS-80 rev 5, Nord Rack 2, Nord Rack 3, Pulse 1, Pulse 2, REV2, Shruthi SMR-4 MKII, Shruthi 4MP, Tetra, Virus TI2 keyboard

SLiC wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:46 amI also have Omnisphere, its great but I find about 1 in 20 presets useable or to me taste...
I'd call that hit rate above average. I reckon I'm lucky to find 1 in 50 presets worth using and, if I collect them all together, I realise it's often just minor variations on a one or two themes. 1 in 20 would almost be an instant keeper for me. Of course, quite often I find that presets I would normally not bother with can work a treat to provide shade/contrast. 54GB is where I lose interest.
Kross2 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:05 pmIt makes no difference to me how high of regard you hold this VST(some of us cannot afford to gamble with our money...especially when these douch-bags don't allow you to demo it first.)
How would that work with sample-based instruments? They should just give you the whole 54GB and trust you to pay for it if you like it?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

What I've found on the extremely rare occasions that a demo of a sample library has been provided is that it shows just a tiny amount of what's available, which gives you no more idea of the full product's value than listening to demos. In fact, on the one occasion I took a punt, I discovered that all the good stuff was in the tiny demo and the other 20-odd gig was worthless rubbish.

What makes a lot more sense is to do what Output does and offer a 30 day money-back guarantee, except people are too paranoid to take them at their word, so that doesn't work, either. Much better not to bother at all.

Oh, and BTW, people don't need my help to look stupid.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I much prefer Silk to RA because of its articulation depth. But RA has more instruments, of course. Both are great with OPUS.

Just a heads up, Forbidden Planet is currently $143 on JJR Shop :tu:

Of course East West do offer a 30‑day free trial of the Composer Cloud subscription service so you can demo it in full as with all EW sounds…
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

for pads, arps, Leads etc. i dont need romplers anymore cause with Zebra and other synths you can change the OSCs and much more. so thats when i mostly look only for ready sounds which sound really great like drums, special percussions etc. i might check this out again but this is what i remember which didnt give me a WOW.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”