Arturia FX Collection 4 out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:07 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:59 pm No, all effects. I had the mello-fi, plate-140 and MS-20 filter, all of which they've given away free at some point (theyve given away one just before christmas each year since 2019? but it looks like I missed the Juno Chorus in 2020)
Okay, thanks. You've got a great deal. :tu:
Yup.
Minor fly in the ointment might be that in Arturia Software Centre, the new ones, and upates to the ones i have, are listed as Win10+, and my DAW is Win7.
What's weird, though, is that ASC will install them, it just doesnt seem to want to activate the collection...

Oh, wait, interesting.... its activated the collection now, after starting installing them individually... yay!
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Weird. Upgrade price in my account is 69 euros, but when I add it to the basket from the Buy Now button on the product page it's 49 euros. I already own LX24 and the MS20 filter so it's 49 euros for Coldfire and the rotary thing. Not bad I suppose.

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:59 pm No, all effects. I had the mello-fi, plate-140 and MS-20 filter, all of which they've given away free at some point (theyve given away one just before christmas each year since 2019? but it looks like I missed the Juno Chorus in 2020)
I have all three of those and Juno Chorus and two paid effects directly from Arturia and a variety of synths and they want $199 from me to crossgrade. Not gonna happen.

Good lord Arturia's been prolific this year. They must be averaging a plugin a month at this rate.
kidslow wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:50 pm I have all three of those and Juno Chorus and two paid effects directly from Arturia and a variety of synths and they want $199 from me to crossgrade. Not gonna happen.
Might be worth shooting their support an email if you're still interested. I'd expect a better discount.

https://www.arturia.com/products/softwa ... 2/overview

I didn't know about this Dynacord. Plugins are a great way to learn a out old gear. But why did Arturia make an emulation of an emulation? What is special about the Dynacord compared to a real Leslie? In other words why didn't they make a Leslie emulation like IK and UAD?

And will they make other rotary speaker plugins such as the Yamaha?

Lotuz2019 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:03 pm https://www.arturia.com/products/softwa ... 2/overview

I didn't know about this Dynacord. Plugins are a great way to learn a out old gear. But why did Arturia make an emulation of an emulation? What is special about the Dynacord compared to a real Leslie? In other words why didn't they make a Leslie emulation like IK and UAD?

Yeah, a bit interesting that they emulated an emulation of a Rotary speaker. Probably much easier to do, as you're just worried about the circuit emulation being right, versus trying to emulate all the interactions of two rotating speakers in a room and the reflections/doppler effects.

But we've got the IK/hammond Leslie's, the UA Waterfall Leslie, PSP L'Rotary, etc. So in a way, it's nice that they're doing something different.

zvenx wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:12 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:10 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:48 pm
zvenx wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:11 pm Thanks, I think the only one I don't have is the Rotary.. Ironically I just bought UAD's rotary 147 two or three days ago.
rsp
And contrarily/luckily, I was going to but did not buy the UA Rotary.

Overall, not that big an upgrade, but Dist COLDFIRE is an absolute beast. And LX-24 seems to be getting good reviews and sounds great.
They are good but the UAD Waterfall Rotary is by far the best in my opinion
I tend to much much much prefer the UAD stuff, though I skipped on the UAD Lexicon 224, in part because I have the arturia one (also the ni one and more than enough reverbs from liquidsonics)
rsp
I'm not bothered about the brand per se - for the reverb you are fine sticking with the Arturia one, so am I

I have FX3, MS-20 and LX-24. My upgrade is $49 for 2 new plugins. $24.50 per plugin wouldn’t be bad if they were plugins I actually wanted.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:40 pm well, that's a no-brainer; upgraded from three free plugins, for 99€
Odd.

On the Effects side, I own Filter Mini, Filter MS-20, REV-Plate 140, Tape Mello-Fi, Chorus JUN-6 (all freebies) plus the paid for 3 Modulations You'll Use bundle (Chorus Dimension D, Phaser Bi-Tron and Flanger BL-20) and my crossgrade price is 199 USD.

Their discount pricing is bizarre. But congrats on the discount!

Got 'em all other than the rotary- upgrade US$ 29.00
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Lotuz2019 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:03 pm https://www.arturia.com/products/softwa ... 2/overview

Other than being a part of Gilmour's Division Bell tour rig in 1994, never heard of CLS-222. People describe it as Neo Ventilator before Neo Ventilator, which is Leslie 122 emu, I believe. Apparently, Dynacord was a big thing in the early 90's when it arrived, however, it was easier to impress people in the early 90's.

I've marinaded Arturia's cojones for a while about Yamaha RA-200 and Doppola (currently Dopplex DX26), but I reckon, since they now released Dynacord, all that marinading was for naught. They'll probably abandon the idea entirely. Shame! It would be really nice to get one of those for Dark Side 50th anniversary this year.

Whose cojones shall we marinade now about those speakers, eh? Audiority's? :hihi:

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:40 pm well, that's a no-brainer; upgraded from three free plugins, for 99€
I have full v1 + Fragments (+ free Filter MS-20 resp), and 99$ too :roll:
Not very fun.

I have FX v2, plus fragments and MS-20 (plus Pigments, but that's an instrument) and my upgrade is 99 eur too. I know Arturia has spoiled me, but I was hoping for less.
I mean, it's 99 for culture vulture, lexicon, cold fire, the rotary and the op-amp, so not bad at all - but all I´m really missing is cold fire.
decisions, decisions...
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

love how the pre-amp sounds in the new "rotary" plugin. Also, one can make the soundstage very, very wide. Lovely addition

I need to demo the new rotary effect. It's not something I use often but my upgrade is only 29 euros as I have everything but the rotary.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Return to “Effects”