Exactly im also cautious with this, who says you can authorize if they vanish some time.sinkmusic wrote: ↑Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:51 amHi,zircon wrote: ↑Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:30 amYes, it's based on ChowTape Model - besides the reworked-from-scratch UI there are a number of other differences/additions.
* Adjustable lowpass/highpass filter slope from 6db/oct to 96db/oct (the higher slopes, especially with makeup gain, can produce some really cool effects)
* More flexible compressor: new controls for Blend, Ratio, and Knee
* New Hiss generator in the Degrade section
* Tape delay section with four taps - you can sync it, or if you don't, the lowest delay time is 30ms which lets you do some really cool pseudo-reverb, stereo, and slapback effects
* Various expanded parameter ranges
* Not pictured in the current version: auto-gain makeup (separate from the stereo gain makeup control in the original ChowTape)
* Totally new factory preset bank (many presets taking advantage of the improved/expanded modules)
I don't want to sound nitpicky or pedantic, but I am genuinely trying to understand : on one hand, you boldly claim that it's "groundbreaking", "Next-Generation DSP", "the future", but on the other hand you say it's based on ChowTape (which is awesome, but a couple years old already, so not really "futuristic", "groundbreaking" or "next generation").
I have read the featurelist above quoting the differences between the "regular" ChowTape and your forthcoming plugin, but I don't see anything here which could be marketed as "groundbreaking" when it comes to what makes the core of the plugin (I mean the tape sound emulation).
So is this just marketing hyperbole (I can live with that and just enjoy the plugin for what it is), or could you elaborate a bit about what are the DSP improvements on the tape emulation making that plugin "next generation"?
Don't get me wrong, I am interested into the plugin, and again I really like ChowTape, but to me a preset bank, more controls on the compressor a new GUI and HP/LP filters aren't what I'd personally call "next gen" or "groundbreaking"
@zircon, im waiting for support about 3 weeks now, messaged 2 times to a reply and no answer yet....