Abyss released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Abyss

SLiC wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:24 am
WasteLand wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:22 am
SLiC wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:41 am Wow that cheap- that said there hasn't been much din th way of updates any of the DAWSOME synths for a while?
wait....
I hope you know something, I have all 3 of them :wink:
there is no ETA, but they are in the pipeline. and perhaps for one, it is sooner....

also have all 3 them, and use them a lot, of course in combi with others, sometimes total Dawesome, great synths.

Only 3? You forgot to get Chop Suey?

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:50 am Only 3? You forgot to get Chop Suey?
i did forget, my sincere apologies.

Same here, even four (Abyss, Novum, Kult and Chop Suey).

I think I just missed the Chop Suey sale- not sure I need it (so many drum tools!), but it looks very user friendly
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

This one sure...sound yummy

What's the copy protection like...please say no ILOK!

..and the ability to install on at least 2 computers

Innovative and inspiring synth...grateful to now have it to explore.
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

sokoleski wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 7:28 pm This one sure...sound yummy

What's the copy protection like...please say no ILOK!

..and the ability to install on at least 2 computers
no iLok, challenge and response, with tracktion, can be used offline, and installed on 2 computers (i don't know the maximum...).
so quite user friendly.
scott_free wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 10:56 pm Innovative and inspiring synth...grateful to now have it to explore.
it is! it is!

I've got Kult and now Abyss - I think I actually find Abyss a bit more inspiring (or maybe because it's less complex it's easy to get usable sounds more quickly). My only complaint(s) are lack of dotted / triplet sync times, and the small fonts - even at large UI sizes they are not that legible. But the UIs are great otherwise.

Found some CPU wise issue in 1.2.5, at Win10 at least.
In DAW cpu meter it's ok, but if just open Abyss UI and see in Windows task manager cpu section, it's shows 100% cpu usage for one of cores - till Abyss UI is open. (And no one note was pressed).
After UI closed - core usage is gone.
Did check at Novum - no such behavior.

Update: solved, thanks to Peter.

aliasing plugin owner
:?

i love how gritty and nasty can get with some saturators and compressors, loving it dearly
you are amazing Peter
aliasing plugin owner

Maybe it's just me, but I cant just make a plucky sound out of its Apm envelope. It is the weirdest envelope I've seen. How to setup a decay with the release? The release envelope disappears the very moment you set the sustain to zero.

Also, sometimes notes get stuck and only the panic button helps. This was spotted quite in a few Abyss tutorials.

so i'm new in the dawesome world, which one of their instruments is the best one for creating textures for electronic music (dance, ambient), but not typical filmscoring?

tendingtropic wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:01 pm so i'm new in the dawesome world, which one of their instruments is the best one for creating textures for electronic music (dance, ambient), but not typical filmscoring?
Novum
aliasing plugin owner

Return to “Instruments”