Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

osiris wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:29 pm Does Viper support .syx import?
No, only .mid
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

Just downloaded,haven't try it yet,but wanna say congrats for hard wok and new functions :)
This summer will use use Viper more in upcoming projects.
Wish to see famous filters emulation/simulation in next upgrades so to pay 25-30 euro for them :)
Free upgrades doesn't look like good business :)
Cheers :)

Will the VST3 version work from the usual Viper folder or does that need to be copied over to the VST3 folder? The VST3 is not showing up in Studio One.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Playing through the new bank of presets, I am seeing massive CPU spikes every few seconds. It jumps from 2-3% to 100%,although it doesn't seem to affect playback. There is definitely something wrong, though.

UPDATE: It only seems to affect the SQ and AR patches, although every time I change patches, the CPU spikes to 100%.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:56 pm Will the VST3 version work from the usual Viper folder or does that need to be copied over to the VST3 folder? The VST3 is not showing up in Studio One.
You have to copy all the folders with the VST3 plugin to the VST3 folder including the wavetables.

Please make a mac version?
I need desk space

simmo75 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:51 am Please make a mac version?
I need desk space
Flowtones can't make audio units yet. Besides, there is already a Virus emulation for Mac. Spire is also similar to the Virus both feature and soundwise.

Korg Supporter wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:38 am
simmo75 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:51 am Please make a mac version?
I need desk space
Flowtones can't make audio units yet. Besides, there is already a Virus emulation for Mac. Spire is also similar to the Virus both feature and soundwise.
That’s a damn shame!
But also, do you have a Virus?
Spire sounds nothing like my Ti2.
I like Spire though.

BONES wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:56 pm Will the VST3 version work from the usual Viper folder or does that need to be copied over to the VST3 folder? The VST3 is not showing up in Studio One.
You have to copy the .vst3 file along with the content folders into your vst3 folder, it wont work (usually) if you put the .vst3 file where the older .dll files are. I hope you managed to get it to work?
BONES wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:15 am Playing through the new bank of presets, I am seeing massive CPU spikes every few seconds. It jumps from 2-3% to 100%,although it doesn't seem to affect playback. There is definitely something wrong, though.

UPDATE: It only seems to affect the SQ and AR patches, although every time I change patches, the CPU spikes to 100%.
Yes, this has always been the case, when you switch presets, it has to recompile some things and you get a cpu spike for a brief moment. I am still trying to figure out how to prevent this but it caused more problems than making it better.

i respect every devoted to his products developer,who upgrade and communicate with user's.
Despite i don't feel myself welcome in this topic anymore,will ask probably annoyingly - what will be the future of Viper?
So far everything is great about it,but developer need to make money from it...
I ask in another topic,but will ask again here - is there any chance for Viper XT or Viper Vintage,an extended version with more filter types,i'm willing to pay 30 euro for such extra.
It's dope synth,just present filters don't make me feel the way another synths do it,that i wanna use badly Viper before anything else,not saying they are bad,filters are Virus clone i guess,just think how many people use and spend money for Moog,MS20,303 so on...
The other topic was about jp8080 which sounds very interesting as well,but imho the three mentioned above are the top seller,because have some addictive mojo and i personally use these three all the time if a synth have them.
As filter lover just wanna share my feelings,please don't take it negative way,it's friendly share of an user,not an critisism,if somebody feel the same way about filters,support the idea to grab the developer attention.
I like very much the workflow of Viper/Virus,it's one of the most intuitive and friendly ones out there ,just vintage filters will make me spend more money on this synth, instead of buying new one,which have them :)
Cheers :)

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:59 am i respect every devoted to his products developer,who upgrade and communicate with user's.
Despite i don't feel myself welcome in this topic anymore,will ask probably annoyingly - what will be the future of Viper?
Why dont you feel welcome in this topic? What happened? Everyone is welcome here as long as it remains on topic and everyone is peaceful.

I just finished this huge update and I am pretty exhausted, so I cannot say what is the future of Viper is atm, all I know is that I will support it as long as there is interest in it, but I have to start working on other projects for now.

I know you are enthusiastic about new filters, but the whole project of Viper started as a Virus inspired synth. A lot of time and effort was put it to make the filters as close as to the Virus, and not from other synthesizers. With this logic I could add new multistage envelopes, filters from all the synth in the world, and a hundred of other things, which will be a never ending stressful time for me. If this would have been the idea to add millions of things to it, the whole architecture would have been different from the start and it would be a different project, it would be like avenger, or falcon, where you do little modules instead.

So I dont know if I can add those new filters, it is hard to say. After I finish lots of other projects I will see what will happen.

adamtrance wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:31 am
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:59 am i respect every devoted to his products developer,who upgrade and communicate with user's.
Why dont you feel welcome in this topic? What happened? Everyone is welcome here as long as it remains on topic and everyone is peaceful.

I just finished this huge update and I am pretty exhausted, so I cannot say what is the future of Viper is atm, all I know is that I will support it as long as there is interest in it, but I have to start working on other projects for now.

I know you are enthusiastic about new filters, but the whole project of Viper started as a Virus inspired synth. A lot of time and effort was put it to make the filters as close as to the Virus, and not from other synthesizers. With this logic I could add new multistage envelopes, filters from all the synth in the world, and a hundred of other things, which will be a never ending stressful time for me. If this would have been the idea to add millions of things to it, the whole architecture would have been different from the start and it would be a different project, it would be like avenger, or falcon, where you do little modules instead.

So I dont know if I can add those new filters, it is hard to say. After I finish lots of other projects I will see what will happen.
This is very optimistic answer actually :)
Whatever new product you develop,you have my money as long they have addictive Moog,MS20,303 filters,not so important to be absolutely exact clones,just to have that nice vibe these popular filters give as color :)
I become more and more obsessed with these three in combination,but it's more practical to have one modern wavetable synth with vintage filter types,than bunch of emulations,which cost a lot and the funtionality is very limited ...that's from modern music producer's point of view.
Thanks for the hard work on Viper upgrade :)
Last edited by VELLTONE MUSIC on Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for this. Been off the track making for a while so I will get into this when the time comes I am sure. Seems like a superb update close to completing the full Virus sound. Well done for bothering because you did not have to. I hope it brings some nice summer sales for you for the extra work you put in.

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:52 am Whatever new product you develop,you have my money as long they have addictive Moog,MS20,303 filters,not so important to be absolutely exact clones,just to have that nice vibe these popular filters give as color :)
Well, in Viper in Filter 1 you already have the Analog LP1, LP2 etc filters, which are based on the moog filters, so you have that covered already ;)

Synthman2000 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:53 am Thanks for this. Been off the track making for a while so I will get into this when the time comes I am sure. Seems like a superb update close to completing the full Virus sound. Well done for bothering because you did not have to. I hope it brings some nice summer sales for you for the extra work you put in.
Thank you, I am glad you are excited, I hope you will enjoy the update!

Return to “Instruments”