Waldorf Largo

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo

Largo's sound is unique.
Never use digital filter if the synth have analog or exotic types.
But when need digital one first thing that comes to my mind is Largo.
4 layers and mod matrix,what more could club edm producer to dream about hihihihi :)

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:55 pm Largo's sound is unique.
Never use digital filter if the synth have analog or exotic types.
But when need digital one first thing that comes to my mind is Largo.
4 layers and mod matrix,what more could club edm producer to dream about hihihihi :)
it could be bug free and not broken on some systems [shrug]

yep a lot of probs,but still love it :)

if Waldorf developed something really good and bug free for PC/mac I'd buy it for sure. I love their hardware, and Blofeld.

I wanted to get Largo but its pretty expensive, and when I tried it it was kind of buggy. I bought one of their other product bundles... a drum machine and some synths that I never use, which are quite buggy, dated, and basically useless honestly.

With their expertise on digital synthesis hardware, I really think they could do well focusing more on some new vst instruments, but maybe not.

mxbf wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:03 pm if Waldorf developed something really good and bug free for PC/mac I'd buy it for sure. I love their hardware, and Blofeld.

I wanted to get Largo but its pretty expensive, and when I tried it it was kind of buggy. I bought one of their other product bundles... a drum machine and some synths that I never use, which are quite buggy, dated, and basically useless honestly.

With their expertise on digital synthesis hardware, I really think they could do well focusing more on some new vst instruments, but maybe not.
Bugs aside momentarily, Largo has gone on blowout sales and seems likely to do so again. So you may be able to pick it up cheaply if you keep your eye out for it. I think I got it for a $20 - $30, don't remember exactly.

As for bugs, etc... Yeah, Largo has some quirks for sure (example, my MIDI controller octave switch changes the panning of filter 2 in Largo). The preset browser is one-of-a-kind :hihi: and the GUI seems to either not play well with certain hosts or is small to see on newer computers. It needs an actually serious update.

That said, I really like the synth and don't have (much of) an issue putting up with the quirks. It layers well with other synths and has a unique flavor in my synth lineup. It would be nice for Waldorf to give it a serious look again.

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:12 am yep a lot of probs,but still love it :)
yeah.. i like it too.. but i'd use it more if it worked better.

Largo's half baked and half broken.
I got it thinking I might be able to replace my Blofelds with it, but there's no chance of that.
It's useless enough now that I never use it anymore.

mxbf wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:03 pm if Waldorf developed something really good and bug free for PC/mac I'd buy it for sure. I love their hardware, and Blofeld.

I'm using the VST3 version of Largo on an Intel MacBook Pro. The Largo editor works pretty well. I can't think of the last time it crashed.

I don't use the Multi mode so I can't speak to that.

However, the browser seems really buggy. For instance, when I try to add two or more banks of patches to the browser, I can only open one. I've purchased quite a few third party Largo patch sets. I'd like to be able to access them all from within the browser.

is anyone running Windows 10 or 11 and having the same patch browser issues?

Big Mouth Strikes Again wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:22 pm

I'm using the VST3 version of Largo on an Intel MacBook Pro. The Largo editor works pretty well. I can't think of the last time it crashed.

I don't use the Multi mode so I can't speak to that.

However, the browser seems really buggy. For instance, when I try to add two or more banks of patches to the browser, I can only open one. I've purchased quite a few third party Largo patch sets. I'd like to be able to access them all from within the browser.

is anyone running Windows 10 or 11 and having the same patch browser issues?
There is no doubt it is definitely not the best. The browser does have an odd behaviour when you first click on a patch in the browser. It seems like you have to click something else first before going back to the one you want. You more or less have no choice but to get used to it at this point.

Running Windows 11 (but I don't think it matters). Dropped a bunch of (CHE) bank folders into the VST3 Largo Sounds folder, opened up Ableton, dropped in Largo, checked bank browser. All present and showing along with the default Factory and Largo - Sounds by Designers. Still running version 1.7.4

I'm having similar issues with Largo, and also with Attack in version 2.3.1 of Waldorf Edition.

Both are running through the AU compatibility layer, and the VST versions show as Intel if using REAPER. I've contacted them in the past about Attack but without any luck there. I've just sent off a new email, so hopefully with other people reporting this they might actually fix it!

I just tested the new version, I love the sound of the synth, there is really nothing like it with its digital filters but very nice VA ones too.

But the browers keeps getting worse, I really hope it gets love one day, its sound is timeless.
dedication to flying

I like Largo but the preset browser sucks and the GUI is a little on the small side. The preset browser is what turns me away from loading it more than anything else. It certainly sounds different than a lot of my other plugins.

Is there somewhere a Changelog for Largo?
I am interested to buy Largo, but only if it runs natively on Apple Silicon.
The current version (1.8.0) does not work natively under Logic.
Studio One, Logic
macOS
–– -
http://ansolas.de

ansolas wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:24 pm Is there somewhere a Changelog for Largo?
I am interested to buy Largo, but only if it runs natively on Apple Silicon.
The current version (1.8.0) does not work natively under Logic.
it's supposed to but for some reason the Au runs as intel on my system. the Vst3 runs as native in Live etc.. but the Au won't install properly or something. Waldorf is aware of the problem but so far hasn't fixed it. i reported the issue and was told "we will pass this on to our developer".

Download NI Komplete Kontrol. Largo has NKS, and the browsing works perfectly plus you get the audio previews. KK is free too. Best fix to the sucky Largo browser.

Return to “Instruments”