2023: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2023)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yeah, still waiting...

It seems that I like unpopular gear. Perfect Circuit had these at a great price and I had been regretting not getting one of these since I purchased my tiptop forbidden planet. Even though I need more filters like I need a hole in the head, I think my rack can find space for two Steiner filters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYFCfgys79w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsUdmLQTLH8
Last edited by ghettosynth on Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

I got my hands on a Make Noise Mimeophon from Juno on the UK- felt like a long wait for this one, seemed out of stock forever. I am a sucker for granular/delays/loopers and modules like this (although too expensive for what they are) make me remember how much fun modular can be. Great with Guitar as well, making use of my Boredbrain Injectr again!

X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

PUSH3 looks so tempting - but I don't really want to learn a new instrument at this age . . .
I bet it's super fun to play !
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:27 am then start constantly checking email for spectraphon shipping :wheee:
My LEAST favorite part of the whole experience is from just after I click the "BUY" button until it arrives. I think I am going to hold off on any eurorack because it is just too much of that experience.
I think I have reached a critical mass of gear to mix and match things along with found sounds.

Constructed Identity wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:55 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:27 am then start constantly checking email for spectraphon shipping :wheee:
My LEAST favorite part of the whole experience is from just after I click the "BUY" button until it arrives. I think I am going to hold off on any eurorack because it is just too much of that experience.
I think I have reached a critical mass of gear to mix and match things along with found sounds.
even worse on pre-order, i have no clue when they will get stock? :o

Did you not listen to the juicyness coming out of that Steiner vactrol filter? My god man, how can your life be complete without some eurocrack? Just get a small rack, go on, you know you want to.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghettosynth wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:25 am
Did you not listen to the juicyness coming out of that Steiner vactor filter? My god man, how can your life be complete without some eurocrack? Just get a small rack, go on, you know you want to.
Yes, one of the first questions I had was, "Can I get a small rack that is self-contained that I can use with my Quadrantide?" - and the answer is a definitive NO I keep designing racks over 180hp and $2k
It also doesn't help that there doesn't seem to be a standard for basic things like timing. I would love to sync the ENNER with the LXR-02, but the LXR sends +5v and the ENNER wants at least +7v!
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

Constructed Identity wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:11 pm
ghettosynth wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:25 am
Did you not listen to the juicyness coming out of that Steiner vactor filter? My god man, how can your life be complete without some eurocrack? Just get a small rack, go on, you know you want to.
Yes, one of the first questions I had was, "Can I get a small rack that is self-contained that I can use with my Quadrantide?" - and the answer is a definitive NO I keep designing racks over 180hp and $2k
It also doesn't help that there doesn't seem to be a standard for basic things like timing. I would love to sync the ENNER with the LXR-02, but the LXR sends +5v and the ENNER wants at least +7v!
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!
Well, you have two kidneys and you can get by with one...justsayin.

Just arrived! :hyper:
IMG_2023-6-3-134825.jpeg

Still no Spectraphon shipping notice :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by elxsound on Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hasn’t even been on my desk longer than 5 minutes in this photo, but yet… there’s cat hair already.

elxsound wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:52 pm Hasn’t even been on my desk longer than 5 minutes in this photo, but yet… there’s cat hair already.
that's how life is for you now, as soon as anything enters your house, even still inside it's box, it's covered in cat hair.
im removing it while reading my allen strange book, each fresh new page, full of little hairs!!!

nice score though, i see a few smiling faces with the live users at the minute 8)

vurt wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:03 pm
elxsound wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:52 pm Hasn’t even been on my desk longer than 5 minutes in this photo, but yet… there’s cat hair already.
that's how life is for you now, as soon as anything enters your house, even still inside it's box, it's covered in cat hair.
im removing it while reading my allen strange book, each fresh new page, full of little hairs!!!

nice score though, i see a few smiling faces with the live users at the minute 8)
Cat hair is absolutely everywhere despite lots of cleaning. Both cats with light hair and New York clothing color matches most music gear color… Black. It’s a perfect match! Not complaining though… these guys are the sweetest.

And yeah, I can see especially Live users smiling. I’ve seen some non-Live users smiling too, or at least enough to look past the early issues.

I’m hoping to hook up the CV outs later too and will have to decide quickly on setting aside for an ADAT module, vs getting an Echophon that just showed up under $300 with an alternate Greyscale faceplate.

Tough decisions.

id go echophon, the adat will be there in the future!

vurt wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:12 pm id go echophon
What is an echophon? All i can find are acoustic tiles ... https://www.ecophon.com/uk/
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”