Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

Adam, you're a genius! :clap: With Viper and Osirus I have 110% of my Virus needs covered.

adamtrance wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:11 amYou have to copy the .vst3 file along with the content folders into your vst3 folder, it wont work (usually) if you put the .vst3 file where the older .dll files are. I hope you managed to get it to work?
I imagine it would if I could be bothered but I don't use VST3 if I can avoid it. I'm actually quite happy not to have it.
I am still trying to figure out how to prevent this but it caused more problems than making it better.
Yeah, but what about the SQ and AR patches? It seems the arpeggiator causes problems.
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:59 am- is there any chance for Viper XT or Viper Vintage,an extended version with more filter types,i'm willing to pay 30 euro for such extra.
It's dope synth,just present filters don't make me feel the way another synths do it,that i wanna use badly Viper before anything else,not saying they are bad,filters are Virus clone i guess,just think how many people use and spend money for Moog,MS20,303 so on...
I don't understand this attitude. Half the synths I use regularly have average to poor sounding filters but that doesn't stop me from using them for things where the filter doesn't matter. Hell, I even use The Legend here and there and we all know how I feel about Moog's shitful ladder filters. You play to an instrument's strengths, they don't all need to have the best of everything.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Is that CPU spike what causes the slight stutter when switching presets in FL Studio? It's the only thing that bugs me about the synth. Not a massive issue but would be nice for preset switching to be smoother.

Amazing update. Great work!

I've just tested the new update in Reaper v6, and the CPU spike is minimal. Normal usage of a SQ patch is about 1% in Task Manager, and it goes up to 3% for a second, when switching presets.

realy nice update, Viper VST3 works really smooth - nice devolpment :)

Screenshot 2023-06-02 101125.jpg
I put the whole folder in the VST3 folder but it won't load in Bitwig. It sees the VST3 but I get an error loading it. Any suggestions? Ableton Live works.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:13 pm Screenshot 2023-06-02 101125.jpg

I put the whole folder in the VST3 folder but it won't load in Bitwig. It sees the VST3 but I get an error loading it. Any suggestions? Ableton Live works.
Works fine here in Bitwig (PC).
Did you delete the Viper.dll and the Viper(64).dll in that folder?
I only have the Viper(64).vst3 in my vst 3 folder since i deleted the others.

D-Fusion wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:39 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:13 pm Screenshot 2023-06-02 101125.jpg

I did delete the other formats yeah. I checked plugin errors in settings but it doesn't have an error there. Just doesn't load. I'm on 4.10.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:48 pm
D-Fusion wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:39 pm

I did delete the other formats yeah. I checked plugin errors in settings but it doesn't have an error there. Just doesn't load. I'm on 4.10.
Weird I am on 4.4.10 and it works fine here did you try the vst 2 version to see if it does the same?

I have never seen that error in my life, and I tested it in Bitwig also. Did you install the c++ redistributable stuff?
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

adamtrance wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:30 pm

I have never seen that error in my life, and I tested it in Bitwig also. Did you install the c++ redistributable stuff?
Yeah I would have had to when I installed the vst2. I just realized that I didn't remove then old vst2 actually. Not sure if that could cause a conflict. But I don't think my vst2 path is even on. Not home to check yet.

izonin wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:22 am I've just tested the new update in Reaper v6, and the CPU spike is minimal. Normal usage of a SQ patch is about 1% in Task Manager, and it goes up to 3% for a second, when switching presets.
Well mine goes to 100% in Studio One. I'd suggest your CPU meter just isn't quick enough to catch the peak.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:19 am
izonin wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:22 am I've just tested the new update in Reaper v6, and the CPU spike is minimal. Normal usage of a SQ patch is about 1% in Task Manager, and it goes up to 3% for a second, when switching presets.
Well mine goes to 100% in Studio One. I'd suggest your CPU meter just isn't quick enough to catch the peak.
This is the usage shown in Windows Task Manager, not the CPU meter in Reaper.

Windows Resource Manager is showing 5% spikes when changing presets, but not on the core used by Viper while it's running. My guess is that Reaper is splitting the tasks and sending them to different cores.

BONES wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:19 am
I can confirm this - whenever you change a preset in Viper, S1 CPU spikes up to 100% - overload - but just for the fraction of the second, then it goes back to 00%.

Return to “Instruments”