Plugin failing to load (Viper 1.2) (Solved)

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm getting this error when trying to load the viper vst3. I'm on windows with bitwig 4.10.
Screenshot 2023-06-02 101125.jpg
Other have reported being able to open it in bitwig in windows in the same version.

Check plugin errors, there are none, rescan doesn't help. Not sure what else to try. Any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I would try re-installing Viper, might kick it into life.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

delete
Last edited by strovoknights on Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

BobDog wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:49 am I would try re-installing Viper, might kick it into life.
There isn't an install. It's just a folder to place in the VST3 folder.

Is there some kind of plugin cache I could clear? Like the default presets and favorites files? They name the control templates as a bunch of numbers I don't know how to find the one for viper.

If it doesn't (and I'm guessing it doesn't) appear in Settings->Plugins and then "Show Plug-in Errors" I don't know of any way of rescanning it.

I'm a bit surprised that BW has managed to scan it and can't instantiate it though.

What you could do is remove the folder, start BW, wait for it to scan.

Then Add the folder again, BW will rescan it. Does it then work?

BobDog wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:00 pm If it doesn't (and I'm guessing it doesn't) appear in Settings->Plugins and then "Show Plug-in Errors" I don't know of any way of rescanning it.

I'm a bit surprised that BW has managed to scan it and can't instantiate it though.

What you could do is remove the folder, start BW, wait for it to scan.

Then Add the folder again, BW will rescan it. Does it then work?
Nope not in plug-in errors. It shows in the browser. Already tried removing and restarting bitwig and then closing and putting it back. Same thing.

Does the VST 2.4 version work?

BobDog wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:09 pm Does the VST 2.4 version work?
The old one did. Haven't tried the new 1.2 vst2 as i deleted it right away. Will try.

I had a couple of weird problems initially due to "good plugin management" placed the VST3 file in my VST3 folder.... and the rest in Common Files/VST2. Had to the VST3 it to Program Files/Common Files/VST2/Viper to make it work, basically keeping the folder as is.

It seem like you have to make sure the whole Viper folder remains intact VST2/3 files together where ever that may be.
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:52 pm I'm getting this error when trying to load the viper vst3. I'm on windows with bitwig 4.10.

Other have reported being able to open it in bitwig in windows in the same version.

Check plugin errors, there are none, rescan doesn't help. Not sure what else to try. Any ideas?
viper-bitwig.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

viper-location.jpg

aberration123 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:12 pm I had a couple of weird problems initially due to "good plugin management" placed the VST3 file in my VST3 folder.... and the rest in Common Files/VST2. Had to the VST3 it to Program Files/Common Files/VST2/Viper to make it work, basically keeping the folder as is.

It seem like you have to make sure the whole Viper folder remains intact VST2/3 files together where ever that may be.
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:52 pm I'm getting this error when trying to load the viper vst3. I'm on windows with bitwig 4.10.

viper-bitwig.jpg
I tried putting the whole folder with all files in the VST2 folder, as well as in the VST3 folder, as well as a copy in both. Still no good.

What error do you get when trying to use the VST2 version?

This was solved by Bitwig support by following these steps:
https://www.bitwig.com/support/technica ... ng-why-30/

Good Stuff.

Weird that removing it and then adding it again didn't reset the data for it in the cache though, maybe because the version number hadn't changed or something.

Return to “Bitwig”