Arturia FX Collection 4 out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A chicken in every pot and an FX Collection in every computer

original flipper wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:11 pm Hi
I have Pigments and a 2LB chicken in the fridge and they offered it to me for $99...
I own FX Collection 3 and a 2004 Nissan XTerra, that brought my discount to $69.

seangm wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:07 pm I own FX Collection 3 and a 2004 Nissan XTerra, that brought my discount to $69.
more like a nicean xterra am i rite

now it all starts to make sense. about time.
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

Bought ANA 2 and have exhausted my budget for June, so I will stay with FX Collection 2 for the time being.

I think the rotary speaker is absolutely awesome.. I didn't even know I wanted one until I tried it.
Publison DHM 89 B2 next please!

Ex Machina wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:07 am So the only new plugins in the Arturia FX Collection 4 are the following:

Rev LX-24
Dist COLDFIRE
Rotary CLS-222
Filter MS-20

I already have a couple of good sounding Lexicon 224 reverb plugins. But I honestly think Valhalla Vintage Verb sounds better and is much more versatile.

Likewise, I have so many saturation and distortion plugins (e.g., SoundToys Decapitator) that I don't know what to do with them all.

I never use rock organs so a Leslie emulation is just more bloat to me.

And if I want to process a signal with a filter, I will use one of my hardware analog synths that includes an external input. Analog filters almost always sound better than digital emulations, IMO.

So even though my upgrade price is only $69, I think I'm going to pass and just use the many FX plugins that I already own. :tu:
I'm in a similar boat, but still on the fence. I don't have any SoundToys and no analog emulation for that matter, but this pack looks quite nice to interact with which makes it tempting for my $100 offer

hurricaneaudiolab wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:41 pm Ahem - Universal Audio licensed the actual algorithms from the 224
Ahem - you mean the same algorithms that Lexicon lost years ago?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

hurricaneaudiolab wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:33 pm Gearslutz. I am sure you will be able to find it.

I never saw David Griesinger (yes, that's how his name is actually spelled) post on Gearspace (or any other forum for that matter), and since you can't come up with any proof we have to assume that you just made that up in its entirety.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:22 pm
hurricaneaudiolab wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:41 pm Ahem - Universal Audio licensed the actual algorithms from the 224
Ahem - you mean the same algorithms that Lexicon lost years ago?
Universal Audio’s product description for UAD Lexicon 224:

“A Breakthrough in Emulation: Using the exact algorithms and control processor code from the original hardware, the Lexicon 224 plug-in precisely captures all eight legendary reverb programs and the chorus program — based on the Lexicon 224's final and hard-to-find firmware version 4.4. The Lexicon 224 plug-in also incorporates the original hardware’s input transformers and early AD/DA 12-bit gain stepping converters.”

By contrast they don’t describe the 480 this way, instead simply calling it a Lexicon endorsed emulation.

We already went through this a couple pages ago.

UA's Lexicon 224 is the most accurate Lexicon 224 emulation because they used the original algorithms and Lexicon gave their sign of approval.

You can't prove the 224 code was lost. You just can't. So we must take them at their word and most importantly, Lexicon's. THE END.

I think they reverse engineered the 4.4 firmware from the EEPROM, same as Arturia.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I'd like to see where Arturia are claiming they used the exact 224 algorithms. I'd like to see an official Lexicon sign-off on their plugin. I just don't get what the big deal is in accepting what UA have very clearly stated. They can't lie about it. It wouldn't fly nowadays. I think even if UA came on here and confirmed they used the original code, you guys still wouldn't believe it.

Here we go again..

If Lexicon actually had the original source code, they would have released the 224 themselves a long time ago. That’s what they did with the PCM 96.

They signed off on a licensing deal with UA.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Effects”