impOSCar2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ImpOSCAR Was the first virtual synth I ever bought.It was weird as all my production had been hardware but time change Ive always been happy with it and when the 2nd version finally came through I was ecstatic. The 2nd vst I bought was Audiorealism Bass Line :)
Fight Apathy or don't.

For the next version, I hope they consider MTS-ESP microtuning. https://oddsound.com/devs.php
I also would like more resize options. The large is too big for my screen and the regular and small (actually just different layouts with same size controls) feel too small to me.

johnghadimi wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:15 am Filter separation!!! I wasn’t aware of this. Awesome 😃👍
kritikon wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:03 am ImpOSCar is still one of those synths that I use in almost everything. Even if a song is nearly done but struggling to get a new riff to fit in, impOSCar will be one of the few synths that I can get a sound to fit. Good at background sounds, even better at full-on in-yer-face primary sounds. I almost always end up automating that beautiful filter separation...it's unique and still powerful today. I've ended up going back almost entirely to hw nowadays, but impOSCar2 is one of the very few softsynths I still regularly use. Often I'll use it first and build a hw analogue track around it...can't give higher praise than that.
Here's a video that shows modulation of the filter separation:

https://youtu.be/xo3CJHV7gR4

Guys, I need your help to get it running on Win10-64bit Cubase 11.0.41:

On Cubase after installation it went automatically straight to the blocklist (the x64 version) "no valid plugin".
The plugin also doesn't show up in the vst-instrument list so can not reactivate it from the blocklist.

The VST Version apparently seems to be 2.4, as other plugins with the same vst version are running fine as well I've no clue as to what the problem is.
Cubase Pro 11, M-Audio Air 192/6, AMD Ryzen 5 5600x, 2x8GB DDR4 @3200Mhz, Win 10 64bit, ASRock B550M Pro 4
NI Komplete Kontrol A49, 2x Hardware: Clavia Nordlead 3, Roland JP-8000, Various Plugins: Cubase Stock, Korg Legacy, Largo, Dune 3, impOSCar 2, FM8

Oiseau wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:58 pm Guys, I need your help to get it running on Win10-64bit Cubase 11.0.41:

On Cubase after installation it went automatically straight to the blocklist (the x64 version) "no valid plugin".
The plugin also doesn't show up in the vst-instrument list so can not reactivate it from the blocklist.

The VST Version apparently seems to be 2.4, as other plugins with the same vst version are running fine as well I've no clue as to what the problem is.
Only a 32 bit version should be blacklisted. I'm using Win 11 w/ Cubase 12.
impOSCar2 x64.dll and impOSCar2FX x64.dll are in a separate vst plug in folder that I had to navigate to in Cubase. You have to scan the folder using 'Studio', 'VST Plugin Manager', 'VST Instruments', 'Plugin Information' at the bottom of the screen.
There is also a 'rescan' function towards the top right of that screen.
If you've already done that, probably best to contact GForce.
I could post a screenshot, but I don't know how much that would help.

Thanks felis.

It's somehow still not working for me. At first I had it installed into the correct 64 bit VST2 folder (for Steinberg) as every VST2 plugin. After that I tried to install it to it's original path and add the folder as you said in the VST Instrument Page with a rescan.

However both ways it ends up being in the "Blocklist" and labelled as "no valid plugin" without any option to reactivate it. I really don't understand what the problem is with this. I only installed the 64 bit plugin, not the 32 one.
Cubase Pro 11, M-Audio Air 192/6, AMD Ryzen 5 5600x, 2x8GB DDR4 @3200Mhz, Win 10 64bit, ASRock B550M Pro 4
NI Komplete Kontrol A49, 2x Hardware: Clavia Nordlead 3, Roland JP-8000, Various Plugins: Cubase Stock, Korg Legacy, Largo, Dune 3, impOSCar 2, FM8

Maybe try uninstalling it, then re-install it and watch carefully for anything that seems out of place.

Oiseau wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:35 pm Thanks felis.

It's somehow still not working for me. At first I had it installed into the correct 64 bit VST2 folder (for Steinberg) as every VST2 plugin. After that I tried to install it to it's original path and add the folder as you said in the VST Instrument Page with a rescan.

However both ways it ends up being in the "Blocklist" and labelled as "no valid plugin" without any option to reactivate it. I really don't understand what the problem is with this. I only installed the 64 bit plugin, not the 32 one.
I don't know if Cubase still has the old blacklist file (I'm still using 6.5), but you could try deleting that (make a backup first!) and re-running Cubase.
A well-behaved signature.

impOSCar 2 is a really great-sounding synth and still one of my personal faves. I hope it's next on the list for a product update from Gforce. I believe only impOscar and VSM have yet to receive the new GUI updates, most of their other plugins have had recently.

It would be really nice to have a GUI for impOSCar that scales well on UHD displays along with Gforce's recently improved preset management system. Any further improvements to the sound would be a bonus, but tbh, impOSCar 2 still sounds great, 'as is', to my ears.

No doubt, such an update would be released as a major update, likely to a v3.0, as is GForce's wont, but I'd still make the upgrade, for the added convenience of such features.

Finally was able to get it running on my system. The key was to manually (!) delete the gforce folder entirely. It didn't help at all to uninstall/reinstall within the .exe setup file itself, which is kinda strange. Tried that several times.

No idea what the initial issue was, probably because I had first installed it into the wrong folder at first.

After that had another issue with some additional patch files but solved that problem as well now. It seems that it's running fine.

Now I only need someone to explain the synth structure to me, it seems confusing :hihi:

Oiseau wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:11 pm .... Now I only need someone to explain the synth structure to me, it seems confusing :hihi:
I find that with GForce stuff, reading the manual is essential.
They have a different way of doing stuff that's not immediately obvious.

Oiseau wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:11 pm Now I only need someone to explain the synth structure to me, it seems confusing :hihi:
You may want to check out these videos:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 055E8B0948

Examigan wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:23 pm
Oiseau wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:11 pm Now I only need someone to explain the synth structure to me, it seems confusing :hihi:
You may want to check out these videos:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 055E8B0948
Every little detail perfectly explained. :lol:

Took a quick peek and that video is 10 years old. Way overdue for an update, I'd say.

There is more than just a single video, and I think most features are the same even after 10 years.

Maybe the manual can help out.
That's what I used along with watching some of those videos.

Examigan wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:39 pm There is more than just a single video, and I think most features are the same even after 10 years.

Maybe the manual can help out.
That's what I used along with watching some of those videos.
OK - I didn't click the link to see the playlist, I just peeked at the video in your post.

I hope they hurry up with an update.

Return to “Instruments”