Contest May: "Gossip"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Captain Silverpants

Saffran wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 8:51 pm Not a big deal.
There's just one user where the filenames is a mess.
All others is fine.
I do the ID3 tag but have never checked it out in others mp3 files.
Then it doesn't matter to me if it is a wav or flac or ogg file.
There were 3 users this time that I could not identify from filename or tag. We are quite forgiving here when the rules are not followed strictly. Nevertheless, rules exist for a reason.

If there is a tag my player shows it instead of the filename. Sometimes the filename is correct but the tag shows a totally different artist name, which confuses the heck out of me. :shock:

To clarify: It is a user with 3 submissions. So, 1 user but 3 files.
I expect correct filenames but don't expect ID3 tagging to be correct. Files and filenames are something we have to handle every day as long as we use computers. We should be good at it. But mp3 is a bit different. We can use it just fine for decades without even knowing that there's something like meta information hidden in the file.

I count 4 files without a name from 2 users, and 3 files from 1 user with a name that is not the same as the forum name.

But enough said about this already. Let's get on with the voting.

i've just realised soundcloud doesn't rename files i just assumed after setting all the info on soundcloud when you enabled downloads it would update the tags etc.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

For certain reasons, I didn't have time to vote in this month. I am sorry. :scared:

We have extended voting up to June 6 this time.

I also assumed that Soundcloud would write all the correct info tags into the download file too. I'm sorry that it didn't.
Captain Silverpants

silverpants wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:37 am 4: noodlist - 45049
45049, I don't get this, is the tag?
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

There's 20+ flawless productions in this contest. To rank them was useless.
So i searched for other criteria, things that differed in some way from the common styles and well polished sounds but yet, fitted to my liking.

The Noodlist wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:42 pm
silverpants wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:37 am 4: noodlist - 45049
45049, I don't get this, is the tag?
Sorry! In my spreadsheet your title got converted to a date format. 45049 is the amount of days between 3rd May 2023 and 1st Jan 1900.

I've edited my entry on the voting page :)
Captain Silverpants

After the deadline had passed I finally managed to record an acceptable version of my Mulhacén track on a real guitar. The bridge section had to be somewhat simplified though.

The guitar in question is my Recording King Tricone Resonator. This is a phone recording, incomplete and still containing a few errors. It should not be confused with the submitted version!

I just wanted to show that, although I always use plugins, I do play guitar. One day I should get myself a guitar interface and a decent microphone.

Mulhacén demo

And yes, I always breath heavily like that when I play guitar. :(

:clap: :tu:

Very nice work :tu:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

It was fun at the beginning and devastating at the end. The voting system is bursting at the seams and with half of this number of tracks. I just want to say that those who didn't get 1-10p didn't get 0p - they just didn't fit into the short list. :scared:

Perhaps I also got confused trying to compare things that are not usually comparable, so I was more subjective than usual. :shrug:

Return to “Music Cafe”