Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

midi sentinel wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:10 pm Tracktion Wavesequencer Hyperion is available for $25 at JRRShop:

https://www.jrrshop.com/tracktion-hyperion

I bought it because it was cheap and I liked what I've heard in some preset video but holy cow - this is the best $25 ever spent.
I am currently in the same boat: I went back the next day and bought another license for a friend. It is a very cool piece of software, and the factory library is right up my alley - and sounds spectacular. I can't wait to spend more time under the hood. Congratulations on the 25 years Uncle E, and thanks for the deal on this.

After 2 days, I think it holds its own against Diva, Dune and Omni. Go ahead and flame me.

Edit: soundwise. UI needs some help although totally usable, I've found a couple annoying bugs in navigating around. Nothing huge.

has anyone found a way of authorizing hyperion offline?ive gone to my account clicked on the offline and it goes to a page which says 404..everytime i close cubase then try load it up again i have to keep doing the online authorizing its getting a bit of a pain in the arse keep logging in to use it..my other traktion plugins are doing the same too.

Ou_Tis wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:37 pm
djwaxxy wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:28 pm totally agree..i finally got hyperion working (the vst3 plugin didnt install in the correct place..i found it and put it in correct folder and its working now)

hyperion is one of the best analog sounding synths ive ever tried ..yes the gui is mind blowing and very complicated but the presets alone really showcase this synth and the normal init patch is a brilliant jumping off point.

$25 is an amazing price for this and you wont find it cheaper anywhere else nor have i ever seen it this price before.
It's also MPE compatible, which piqued my interest.

But listening to the demo video... I think I don't like it.
didnt realise its mpe !! im gutted ive got my osmose in storage so cant try it out (trying to sell my house so alot of my fancy gear is hidden ;)

djwaxxy wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:41 pm ive got my osmose in storage so cant try it out (trying to sell my house so alot of my fancy gear is hidden ;)
surely it’s one of the ways to sell your house fresh coffee and bread smells in the kitchen and a cheeky osmose on a Jaspers stand in the spare room.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

vstdls wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:01 pmAfter 2 days, I think it holds its own against Diva, Dune and Omni. Go ahead and flame me.
I hate Diva too (factory library anyway, except maybe one or two patches).... :hihi:

vstdls wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:01 pm After 2 days, I think it holds its own against Diva, Dune and Omni. Go ahead and flame me.
I have spent more time playing with Hyperion than I have with any other synth I've bought (including Omni 2, Falcon and many others). I am still stunned with how good sounding this thing is.

I am going through presets, one by one, and simply playing or just 'generating' sounds while having headphones and doing some work related stuff.

I am at 'Dystopian Ambience' now, played for a minute and then went back to work, the thing is still playing dystopian 'background' sounds (I let go off keys 10 mintues ago :D) and I am in awe :o :hyper:

Dear God, what a pleasant surprise this was...
Last edited by midi sentinel on Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

midi sentinel wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:04 pm
vstdls wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:01 pm After 2 days, I think it holds its own against Diva, Dune and Omni. Go ahead and flame me.
I have spent more time playing with Hyperion that I have with any other synth I've bought (including Omni 2, Falcon and many others). I am still stunned with how good sounding this thing is.

I am going through presets, one by one, and simply playing or just 'generating' sounds while having headphones and doing some work related stuff.

Likewise - I just ordered a 3rd license from JRR for another buddy. Gotta say, I'm a groupie for this thing. Love it. What a fantastic surprise.

I'm still only halfway sorting through the factory library, because like you, I get held up for 5-60mins playing with just about every other patch.

Uncle E wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:23 am Lowest price ever on GForce ImpOSCar 2, use coupon code "GForce10" to get it for $29.99:
https://www.jrrshop.com/gforce-imposcar-2

Oozes with character, playability, and expression, with even more detailed sound sculpting opportunities than could have been imagined before.
how long is this sale on for? please Uncle sir thank you

I have spent more time playing with Hyperion that I have with any other synth I've bought (including Omni 2, Falcon and many others). I am still stunned with how good sounding this thing is.

I am at 'Dystopian Ambience' now, played for a minute and then went back to work, the thing is still playing dystopian 'background' sounds (I let go off keys 10 mintues ago :D) and I am in awe :o :hyper:

I had decided not to buy Hyperion until I read your post.

Seems a bit like Absynth (which I have)?
Long evolving ambient sound-scapes.

I like working with samples long and shot.

Does Hyperion have both audio and midi inputs and outputs?

sqigls wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:55 pm
Uncle E wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:23 am Lowest price ever on GForce ImpOSCar 2, use coupon code "GForce10" to get it for $29.99:
https://www.jrrshop.com/gforce-imposcar-2
how long is this sale on for? please Uncle sir thank you
The ImpOSCar sale ends June 14 and the Hyperion sale ends June 15.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:11 pm

same here. I overlooked it at first. Glad I got it, It is amazing!
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

It has midi input and output.

It has audio input into the FX bus so you could build your own FX chains and there are a lot of FX.

I wouldn't say it's like Absynth. It's far more open ended and flexible than that. It's incredibly well endowed in terms of modules. Generators, filters, data processors, Logic processors, FX. There's a metric ton of stuff

I'm kind of shocked by it, to be honest. It's one of the most feature rich synths I've ever come across, it sounds great, has tons of presets and is pretty easy on the CPU. There's a learning curve but it's not difficult to get your head around it.

I'm baffled as to why it isn't more popular.

kraster wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:04 pm

It has audio input into the FX bus so you could build your own FX chains and there are a lot of FX.

I wouldn't say it's like Absynth. It's far more open ended and flexible than that. It's incredibly well endowed in terms of modules. Generators, filters, data processors, Logic processors, FX. There's a metric ton of stuff

I'm kind of shocked by it, to be honest. It's one of the most feature rich synths I've ever come across, it sounds great, has tons of presets and is pretty easy on the CPU. There's a learning curve but it's not difficult to get your head around it.
I was surprised to see it has two physical modelling modules---plucked string and flute. As well as multisamples (can load .sfz).

kraster wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:04 pm

I'm baffled as to why it isn't more popular.
Good. Hyperion can also be used as an FX chain.
Yours and the other great reviews here are pushing me to pull the trigger to buy.
The price is right!

How have I overlooked Hyperion for so long? :dog: I didn't need any more synths but I'm a sucker for a $25 price tag, that's just lunch money, so I tried the demo.

5 minutes later I'm grasping my credit card and desperately making the purchase of Hyperion at JRR Shop before someone changed their mind on the price.

I generally dislike modular synths but this one is capable of such wonderful sounds that I would have been crazy to pass up this deal.

I agree, it's hard to understand why Hyperion doesn't get more attention. It sounds awesome, is deep yet easy enough to get started right away. It certainly deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as some of the other "supersynths".

My only disappointment is that it doesn't appear to be an actual Wavesequencing synth but more of a Wavetable synth. Perhaps I'm just missing it but after a couple of hours with the synth it's not apparent that full wavesequencing is possible.

The difference being that WS can sequence a series of full sized samples often with pitch,pan, crossfading, etc per sequence slot while WT uses shorter waveforms assembled in a table.

At any rate it's still a very impressive synth and I highly recommend trying the demo. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”