Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:07 pm My only disappointment is that it doesn't appear to be an actual Wavesequencing synth but more of a Wavetable synth. Perhaps I'm just missing it but after a couple of hours with the synth it's not apparent that full wavesequencing is possible.

The difference being that WS can sequence a series of full sized samples often with pitch,pan, crossfading, etc per sequence slot while WT uses shorter waveforms assembled in a table.
What I read is, that "Wavesequencer" is the name of the developer/brand who did it. Tracktion is the distributor, Hyperion is the synth's name.

On the product page they say:
Hyperion synth is designed and coded by Paul Carter – AKA Wavesequencer.

dermage wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:26 pm What I read is, that "Wavesequencer" is the name of the developer/brand who did it. Tracktion is the distributor, Hyperion is the synth's name.

Yes we went through this when Hyperion was first released. I had forgotten I tried the demo back in 2021.

Here's what the blurb says on the Hyperion website:

"Wave-sequencing oscillators with up to 32 steps of oscillator configuration (including pitch offset, waveform, wave-shape depth, unison detunes, balance and level) with smooth cross fading via wave-sequence position modulation - save your own, and load ready made sequences."

So yes Wavesequencing Oscs. The problem is that the guy called Wavesequencer actually created Wavetable Oscs instead. You can tell because the "Wavesequencer" module loads up files in .wt format.

So the developer and I have a very different definition of Wavesequencing. Korg's Wavestation does wavesequencing and so does Wusikstation because they use full samples rather than short duration waveforms used in Wavetables. There are more more WT synths than true WS synths.

But anyway despite my disappointment about the WS I still think the synth is a no-brainer purchase at the current deal.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:49 pm
dermage wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:26 pm What I read is, that "Wavesequencer" is the name of the developer/brand who did it. Tracktion is the distributor, Hyperion is the synth's name.

Yes we went through this when Hyperion was first released. I had forgotten I tried the demo back in 2021.

Here's what the blurb says on the Hyperion website:

"Wave-sequencing oscillators with up to 32 steps of oscillator configuration (including pitch offset, waveform, wave-shape depth, unison detunes, balance and level) with smooth cross fading via wave-sequence position modulation - save your own, and load ready made sequences."

So yes Wavesequencing Oscs. The problem is that the guy called Wavesequencer actually created Wavetable Oscs instead. You can tell because the "Wavesequencer" module loads up files in .wt format.

So the developer and I have a very different definition of Wavesequencing. Korg's Wavestation does wavesequencing and so does Wusikstation because they use full samples rather than short duration waveforms used in Wavetables
OK, I see. Didn't read that. Will check it out.

Hans25 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:45 pm Producer Loops Legacy Sample library bundle - 71 sample libraries for €23.28
https://www.humblebundle.com/software/p ... warebundle
Thanks for posting this awesome bundle deal. While the link does mention the samples are royalty-free, I still thought to ask if this is a legit bundle. I bought it since price is low and it will help a charity, but when I checked a couple of downloaded zip files to find any pdf containing license information I couldn't see any such file.

If anyone has any further insights I'd appreciate it. Producer Loops looks like a legit company and their website FAQs also mentions the samples to be royalty-free. Since this is a partnership between them and Humble Bundle, I assume the same terms apply and the receipt of the purchase there is equally acceptable. Perhaps it would still be good to check this with their support once?

i don't know if imaginando made a mistake in their initial offer – viewtopic.php?p=8687002#p8687002 - or whether they've realised it wasn't pulling in the crowds but they've cut the entry price for the 90% voucher from €90 to €9.

https://www.imaginando.pt/media/imagina ... -years-old

Uncle E wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:32 pm
sqigls wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:55 pm
Uncle E wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:23 am Lowest price ever on GForce ImpOSCar 2, use coupon code "GForce10" to get it for $29.99:
https://www.jrrshop.com/gforce-imposcar-2
how long is this sale on for? please Uncle sir thank you
The ImpOSCar sale ends June 14 and the Hyperion sale ends June 15.
Any opinions on if this is still holding up to its reputation in 2023? All the reviews look excellent and it seems great, but I've been trying to reduce the number of VSTs I'm collecting and only pick up particularly good stuff. The age of ImpOSCar2 is putting me off a bit, although the price is quite low on this sale

milesdeem wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:05 pm
Uncle E wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:23 am Lowest price ever on GForce ImpOSCar 2, use coupon code "GForce10" to get it for $29.99:
Any opinions on if this is still holding up to its reputation in 2023? All the reviews look excellent and it seems great, but I've been trying to reduce the number of VSTs I'm collecting and only pick up particularly good stuff. The age of ImpOSCar2 is putting me off a bit, although the price is quite low on this sale
It seems they are working on an update /upgrade to make it vst3/Apple silicon native.(as they did with oddity) Still for 29 this the lowest price this has ever been and sounds good to me. Maybe with full resonance it aliases a bit, but still sounds very characterful and fat with its unison modes (just demoed and bought today). Also you need to set the interface to large, in case you are working on a high res monitor.

dermage wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:18 pm
milesdeem wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:05 pm
It seems they are working on an update /upgrade to make it vst3/Apple silicon native.(as they did with oddity) Still for 29 this the lowest price this has ever been and sounds good to me. Maybe with full resonance it aliases a bit, but still sounds very characterful and fat with its unison modes (just demoed and bought today). Also you need to set the interface to large, in case you are working on a high res monitor.
Thanks for the input. Perhaps I'll give it a demo also - for some reason I often forget to do this when considering a VST.

Hard to pass up the price on what seems like a great synth. I've just been burned on similarly older VSTs before.

Edit: Just did a quick demo sampling and so far this synth sounds great. Very nice pads.
Went ahead and bought it. Sounds good, has a good reputation and the developer seems trustworthy.

Focus rite Free FAST Bundle, anyone have luck? I signed up for everything they Saud, they sent me a code, and site says "code cannot be redeemed."

This happen to anyone else?

Edit: focusrite support in so many words said people are scumming and selling the keys so they'll be made active during the webinar itself.

https://info.focusrite.com/en/audio_masterclass

That's not very nice: 12pm PST = 5AM where I live :(
Xpoes

W10, Reaper, Intel Core i7 9700F (8x Core) @4.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, 32 GB RAM, FluidAudio SRI-2, Nektar Impact LX61+

gaggle of hermits wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:49 pm i don't know if imaginando made a mistake in their initial offer – viewtopic.php?p=8687002#p8687002 - or whether they've realised it wasn't pulling in the crowds but they've cut the entry price for the 90% voucher from €90 to €9.

:hihi: It was a mistake, a typo. It worked with €9 entry spending from the beginning. (Great deal by the way, VS, FRMS etc all great stuff)

xpoes wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:55 am That's not very nice: 12pm PST = 5AM where I live :(
"The stream will be available after it has concluded on our Focusrite Pro YouTube channel, so rest assured you will still be able to access this offer for a short time after the webinar has closed."

gaggle of hermits wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:49 pm i don't know if imaginando made a mistake in their initial offer – viewtopic.php?p=8687002#p8687002 - or whether they've realised it wasn't pulling in the crowds but they've cut the entry price for the 90% voucher from €90 to €9.

Far from being on the look for yet another synth, a while ago noticed their VS (Visual Synth) and for a number below $20, I might get it in harsh budget times.

So what (non subscription) may be bought by $9 now in their shop? Ideally complementing VS later.
Thanks.

they suggest the perplexon expansion for VS - 9.99

and then buy VS itself.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:50 am
Hans25 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:45 pm Producer Loops Legacy Sample library bundle - 71 sample libraries for €23.28
https://www.humblebundle.com/software/p ... warebundle
Thanks for posting this awesome bundle deal. While the link does mention the samples are royalty-free, I still thought to ask if this is a legit bundle. I bought it since price is low and it will help a charity, but when I checked a couple of downloaded zip files to find any pdf containing license information I couldn't see any such file.

If anyone has any further insights I'd appreciate it. Producer Loops looks like a legit company and their website FAQs also mentions the samples to be royalty-free. Since this is a partnership between them and Humble Bundle, I assume the same terms apply and the receipt of the purchase there is equally acceptable. Perhaps it would still be good to check this with their support once?
They are definitely royalty free. The are few companies that aren't. They are very legit. I use to buy from them all of the time until I started having over 800GB of loops. They are also on other sites that sell loops. Who is going to take the time to audition 71 loop packages? They are a great value if midi are included. I use to hump n these deals all of the time until I realized how much space is used.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”