Ableton Live | Max for Live | M4L | Let's make curated device lists

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

liquidsound wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:03 am Do they use activation like Stepic?
I couldn’t find any info on it
Never heard of Stepic, but the Isotonik/Subclub stuff I've downloaded needed no activation. I think some of their plugins need a license file.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:07 am
liquidsound wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:03 am Do they use activation like Stepic?
I couldn’t find any info on it
Never heard of Stepic, but the Isotonik stuff needs no activation.
I got Modulat from them years ago and they loaded me up with free stuff every Christmas season. This time the Friday Club never ends!

Stepic is an amazing sequencer that comes as a M4L and as a VST.
It needs activation even on Ableton as a M4L device… up to three with deactivation options.

It looks like Fors stuff doesn’t require Activation as I don’t see it listed in the device page, but you never know…

I just saw a post saying Opal runs on stand-alone mode for push 3.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:17 am It looks like Fors stuff doesn’t require Activation as I don’t see it listed in the device page, but you never know…

Cool. I just picked up Opal and Kit in the current sale ... didn't need to activate them :tu:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:23 am
liquidsound wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:17 am It looks like Fors stuff doesn’t require Activation as I don’t see it listed in the device page, but you never know…

Cool. I just picked up Opal and Kit in the current sale ... didn't need to activate them :tu:
Great. Thank you!

Iridescence…. I feel bad for the developer trying to explain its complexity in that video.
The device is insanely good!

Opal is indeed an excellent device! It makes Live Suite a complete musical work environment! Great price (with or without a discount) as well.

What mainly it does, it shorten the time considerably for doing these cool beats. Still reading the manual, but got in general the idea, although don't know yet how to import the patterns into midi (don't know if it is needed though! Maybe I need to sample the beats?). Maybe I need to watch his long video explaining it.

EnGee wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:00 am Maybe I need to sample the beats?
That's how I'm planning to use Opal ...

I got Opal, Kit and Chiral for now.
Chiral goes to places… wow!

liquidsound wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:13 pm I got Opal, Kit and Chiral for now.
Me too :tu:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:23 pm
liquidsound wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:13 pm I got Opal, Kit and Chiral for now.
:tu: I may add Glanta….
Ableton M4L echo system is just awesome!

Some good collection of M4L
https://elphnt.io/max-for-live-curated/

liquidsound wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:28 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:23 pm
:tu: I may add Glanta….
Ableton M4L echo system is just awesome!
I picked up those 4 plus Roulette. :party:

I’ve got few hours left for the discount! Need to get roulette.
This is not GAS. This is self love :hihi:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:47 pm
EnGee wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:00 am Maybe I need to sample the beats?
That's how I'm planning to use Opal ...
I watched all the loooooong videos of Opal and couldn't find a good way to use it! Or actually the correct way to use it. So, it is either sampling but I lose the flexibility to use midi (or any related editing), or I load the individual synths in a drum rack but I will lose the excellent sequencer and modulation!
The Opal-ctrl is awesome as well! I need to think of a practical way to use it.

Damn! I'm itching to buy the other devices from Fors! I really love those beats as they add another dimension to my music :) I think I will buy everything he has while the discount is on!

Oh Ok! I bought the kit, Chiral and Glanta :) Oh man I need time to think about how and what way I use all those tools (plus Reason) inside Ableton Live! It seems all my hardware and software are pointing to Ableton Live! Ok! I got the message :hihi:

Bokeh is a must!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”