Looking for advice

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys! i'm new here :)
im a 30 year old music producer and i use FL studio and a pair of AKG k702 headphones.

I have been making music for a couple years and i have learned alot. However, i feel somewhat stuck at the moment and i cant seem to improve. I uploaded some of my most recent ideas/tracks and im hoping for some feedback from some of you. Is there anything obvious that jumps right in your face when you listen to theese? what do you think i should focus on if i want to improve?
I produce mostly edm and i make most of my synth sounds myself, however, i do use presets or even drum loops from time to time. Also i am actually alot better at song structure. the arrangement in the sound samples is really sloppy, but thats really just because i was lazy ^^ usually i make alot of these short ones and i only turn the ones i really like into a full song. anything else: song writing, sound design, sound selection, music theory knowledge, mixing, mastering, etc is all to the best of my abillities.
Often i listen to other peoples music and i just feel like my music sounds stale and that its missing something. I have been making progress but sometimes i still feel like i know nothing at all. It is very frustrating but i never really share my music with anyone so i thought it would be a really good idea to get some feedback from some experienced producers.
Thanks in advance

https://soundcloud.com/user-600038822-9 ... iano-house

https://soundcloud.com/user-600038822-9 ... sive-house

First i will say they both sound nice production wise. I do not know much about piano house but i did find it a bit loopy, maybe that is the genre. The progressive house track sounded nice.

It would be good to hear the prog house track developed further as it is hard to give feedback on just one minute. be happy to feedback on the progression once it is longer as when you say stale it is easier to add interest through subtle changes over the longer period of time using modulation or dropping perc hits or the kick at the end of 8,16, 32 bars or switching up elements over time etc.

There is no question the foundation is there. I'd like to hear tracks either more developed or complete. These sound like snippets. Anyway, I definitely hear the potential.

Return to “Music Cafe”