When do you think Logic Pro 11 will come out?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not at today's WWDC.

seeing the supported devices for macOS Sonoma I hope we will see a big leap for Logic as well after the release as it's (almost) pretty limited to Apple Silicon

Johnnyjohn wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:49 am seeing the supported devices for macOS Sonoma I hope we will see a big leap for Logic as well after the release as it's (almost) pretty limited to Apple Silicon
It looks like Intel will be supported for about another 5 years. However, I'm sure any innovations will be on the ARM side with Intel versions limping behind.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

update available - 10.7.9

New to Mac and Logic Pro. I have a question about about "Back up the Logic Pro application" the following article:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202992

Is this mandatory? I assume the existing projects will continue to work fine in the new version. I don't worry about backwards compatibility as such and have only one Mac. It looks like I could get away without app backup, but I thought to get some opinions as I am new to it.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:57 pm New to Mac and Logic Pro. I have a question about about "Back up the Logic Pro application" the following article:

Is this mandatory? I assume the existing projects will continue to work fine in the new version. I don't worry about backwards compatibility as such and have only one Mac. It looks like I could get away without app backup, but I thought to get some opinions as I am new to it.
Not mandatory, but strongly suggested. There may be a show-stopping bug in the latest version.

Regarding the application, I just zip compress it in place. I can toss it out later once I'm convinced. Regarding projects, ALWAYS keep backups. You can screw up a project, a bug can screw up a project, a meteor falling from space, piercing through your attic and into your computer hard drive can screw up a project. So, yes, back up your projects.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

syntonica wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:17 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:57 pm New to Mac and Logic Pro. I have a question about about "Back up the Logic Pro application" the following article:

Not mandatory, but strongly suggested. There may be a show-stopping bug in the latest version.

Regarding the application, I just zip compress it in place. I can toss it out later once I'm convinced. Regarding projects, ALWAYS keep backups. You can screw up a project, a bug can screw up a project, a meteor falling from space, piercing through your attic and into your computer hard drive can screw up a project. So, yes, back up your projects.
Thank you for the advice. I will consider backing up the app then. It is not something I am used to being a Windows user, so glad I asked.

Yes, I will definitely backup projects, as usual. Although I will need to get into the habit of doing it app version by version to keep things organized. Haven't started anything yet though. Just learning Logic Pro and Mac in general. A few things are
a bit annoying, but liking the overall experience. :)

I haven't run into any Logic bugs myself, as they tend to be obscure (obvious bugs are obvious). But others have.

I tend to do regular backups of data and as I archive them, I'll only keep monthlies rather than the dailies. For me, a day's loss isn't usually anything major, but if I do make major changes, I'll often annotate the back up as such.

There really shouldn't be any, zOMG! I'm on a Mac! I better walk on eggshells! Just settle into a routine that works for you, same as if you were on Windows or Linux.
Last edited by syntonica on Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

syntonica wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:26 pm I haven't run into any Logic bugs myself, as they tend to be obscure (obvious bugs are obvious). But others have.

I tend to do regular backups of data and as I archive them, I'll only keep monthlies rather than the dailies. For me, a day's Los isn't usually anything major, but if I do make major changes, I'll often annotate the back up as such.

There really shouldn't be any, zOMG! I'm on a Mac! I better walk on eggshells! Just settle into a routine that works for you, same as if you were on Windows or Linux.
Okay. Just some initial nerves that should settle with time. :tu:

A quick question if someone can please help. I have assigned right mouse button as "assignable to a tool". In this case, how can I (still) open the normal right mouse click menu options in the Tracks area? Is it possible at all?

I tried using various key combinations along with right mouse click, but it doesn't work.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:49 am A quick question if someone can please help. I have assigned right mouse button as "assignable to a tool". In this case, how can I (still) open the normal right mouse click menu options in the Tracks area? Is it possible at all?

I tried using various key combinations along with right mouse click, but it doesn't work.
Control- klick
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

sQeetz wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:16 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:49 am A quick question if someone can please help. I have assigned right mouse button as "assignable to a tool". In this case, how can I (still) open the normal right mouse click menu options in the Tracks area? Is it possible at all?

Control- klick
Thanks, but sorry, I meant to open the "Shortcuts Menu", which is seen when using right click mouse button assigned to "Open Shortcuts Menu". Guess this isn't possible when the right click mouse button is assigned to a tool?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:34 am

Control- klick
Thanks, but sorry, I meant to open the "Shortcuts Menu", which is seen when using right click mouse button assigned to "Open Shortcuts Menu". Guess this isn't possible when the right click mouse button is assigned to a tool?
Control - Left Click

Jolaff wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:42 pm Control - Left Click
That was exactly my thought, too....
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

Jolaff wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:42 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:34 am

Control- klick
Control - Left Click
sQeetz wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:48 pm
Jolaff wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:42 pm Control - Left Click
That was exactly my thought, too....

Thank you guys. Feeling silly for not trying that, but I expect to come across such things while I get my head around first time ever with a second DAW. I have been an FL Studio user for all these years, but I am glad I finally took the plunge on a Mac as I always had a crush for Logic Pro. Loving it so far barring few frustrating moments, which I hope I will overcome in the next few weeks/months. :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”