DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.0)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

OK I went back and tried the standard frame header with the Push 2, and it makes the colours the same as what I was seeing on the Push 3. So I guess you had changed the ways colour worked by using a different frame header, and that frame header is not supported on the Push 3.

Last edited by wvshpr on Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Please dear Jürgen, could you make a version of the Generic Flexi script,
that doesn't split the "User: Set Parameter" into banks? This would solve all my issues, and i could midi-map my whole Interface (which has about 80 midi cc assignments as toggle buttons and faders on one page, which all must be bi-directional with their midi feedback. I would need to press 10x bank toggle button to switch between them, which is i wouldnt be able to do when playing live :hyper: )

EDIT: i have to add: if this wouldnt be easy to do, then please dont do it because the OSC stuff is much more important to me, then the midi cc :D
set parameter.jpg
Besides, i m not sure if it is expected/wanted behavior, that only the "undefined" midi CC numbers are available for BI-directional Midi Assignments?
I can set and use any midi ch + cc number, but only the "undefined" cc numbers (like 52-63, 102-119) actually give Midi CC Feedback back to my Interface!
The other "predefined" cc numbers, can only be used for mono-directional midi assignment, which means, i can toggle a button on with my interface - but when i toggle it in Bitwig, my interface won't get feedback of that.
undefined.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I built a Looper for Bitwig! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5ywDo2bU0

Last edited by wvshpr on Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello Jürgen,

Found a pesky bug (or is it a feature? ;) )

I noticed unusual behaviour in BW5.0 Beta 9 in DbM 20.2.1 when using the LaunchpadPro MK3 when switching between Session mode and Note mode, where the view in Note mode is not retained when switching back.

In previous versions, whenever I switched between Session and Note, the same view would be conserved (i.e. play mode:scale --> Session mode --> play mode:scale). Now it is alternating between scale, piano and drum view.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Whilst in Play mode in the "Scale view", click the Session button. The Session mode view will appear.
2. Click the Note button to return to play mode, however this time the "Piano view" will be present.
3. Click Session button again and then click the Note button and the "Drum view" will appear.

The same behaviour is NOT present when switching between other buttons:
Note-->Chord-->Note
Note-->Custom-->Note
Note-->Sequencer-->Note
Note-->Projects-->Note

Any chance you could look into it in the next version? I switch between Note, Session and Note modes when recording and it is always a bit disconcerting landing on the Piano view when I am expecting the Scale view.

Thank you in advance! :)

Hello. About the Launchpad : it's easy to start clips in Session mode. But is there a simple way to stop any clip ? I would have thought that when a clip light is flashing it means that it runs, so pressing the pad again would stop it, but it doesn't. What is the simple way to stop any running clip ?

mevla wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:28 pm Hello. About the Launchpad : it's easy to start clips in Session mode. But is there a simple way to stop any clip ? I would have thought that when a clip light is flashing it means that it runs, so pressing the pad again would stop it, but it doesn't. What is the simple way to stop any running clip ?
Have you read the manual which comes together with the script? Everything is in there.

questionaire wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:37 am Have you read the manual which comes together with the script? Everything is in there.
Thanks ! This was very helpful.

mevla wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:06 pm
questionaire wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:37 am Have you read the manual which comes together with the script? Everything is in there.
Manuals are there for help.... :hihi:

What launchpad do you have that will help aswell in answering your question i have an Launchpad pro mk3 simply pressing " stop clip" and then pressing the belonging colum of your clip will stop the clip.

questionaire wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:55 pm

What launchpad do you have that will help aswell in answering your question i have an Launchpad pro mk3 simply pressing " stop clip" and then pressing the belonging colum of your clip will stop the clip.
After looking at the manual it's basically the same with the Launchpad Mini Mk3. User -> 5th scene button (orange) -> right column selects which clip to stop. From the same Launchpad 'screen' it's also possible to start clips.

I was serious about the thanks for mentioning the manual. Yesterday I was tired, did not felt like reading the manual and before shutting down the computer I posted the question. I should have taken the time to do the work first instead of posting :)

mevla wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:25 pm

After looking at the manual it's basically the same with the Launchpad Mini Mk3. User -> 5th scene button (orange) -> right column selects which clip to stop. From the same Launchpad 'screen' it's also possible to start clips.

I was serious about the thanks for mentioning the manual. Yesterday I was tired, did not felt like reading the manual and before shutting down the computer I posted the question. I should have taken the time to do the work first instead of posting :)
Sorry about being cynical

questionaire wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:57 pm
mevla wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:25 pm

Sorry about being cynical
That's OK.

However I do think that's not the easiest way to start/stop clips. The easiest way would be by pressing again a button that's running a clip.

Press a button once, the clip starts and the button blinks.

Press the same button again, the clip stops.

And it would free up a column so that more clips could be shown without scrolling.

This is a feature request I've made also. It's like Ableton's Toggle Action for clips. When you are performing it's a little easier to press the pad of the running clip a second time than it is to look for and press the stop button. They added extra behavior for clip launching in BW 5, but still didn't add simple toggle actions
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

Sorry if this is a "rtfm" moment, but I can't seem to find any reference as to how this could be done..

The devices that I am setting up as generic flexi controllers also output MIDI notes that I want to be able to use within Bitwig tracks alongside the controller functions, but the notes are unable to be passed through, and obviously I can't use the same MIDI input device more than once.
Is there a simple solution available for this usage scenario?

I too would like that push to stop feature mentioned by "melva"

Return to “Controller Scripting”