HY Slicer 2 Rumors

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HY-Slicer HY-Slicer2

Would like to see more colours in this GUI - too sleepy on my eyes. But props and respect for his ongoing efforts and love for what he´s doing.
The average bored guy

Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:22 am I suppose the non-percussive samples should be faded in and faded out or better crossfade the samples if this is possible with Hy-Slicer.
I was making vaguely rhythmic drones with Slicer2 demo using room tones and various noise sources and had no clicks at all - was very smooth.

But the more I play wit hit the more I think individual track outs would increase the potential enormously.

this topic is crazy, almost all the speakers are in denial, a sampler without triggering a sample or 32 sequences, that's not called defending a developer but just denying reality.
having paid for this software I feel plainly legitimate in my positioning.
peace and love for all.

Grodada wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:48 pm 32 sequences
Do you mean 32 steps on the browser, or 32 steps on the pattern sequencer? With the pattern sequencer, you can cycle through 16 different 16-step sequences. It seems like a lot to me.

As for MIDI in to trigger samples, I'd dig it. I don't feel like I'm in denial, though, as I have several samplers that do that. I'm not sure how much I'll do with HY-Slicer2, though--still messing around to see.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

I'm talking about the 4 banks of 8 patterns. No problem calling it a sampler when no midi note enters? It was not presented as a simple sound generator (like a reaktor or m4l patch).
For any sampler vst slicer you can either trigger a slice or a midi loop (step sequence) like Geist 2, Nerve, Transfuser 2, Renoise Redux, LoopMix, Ultraloop.
Even percussive synthesizers like tremor or microtonic have sound and pattern triggering.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
peace and love for all.

by reading the legal notice I realized that 1 license means 1 installation. better and better.
peace and love for all.

So, you can't play the slices with midi?!
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

I am interested, but also still wondering how to implement it to my workflow when there is no drag and drop to the daw

Can I drag it to the daw as audio at least? Not sure how it is supposed to work..

Grodada wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:48 pm this topic is crazy, almost all the speakers are in denial, a sampler without triggering a sample or 32 sequences, that's not called defending a developer but just denying reality.
having paid for this software I feel plainly legitimate in my positioning.
Maybe you should try making a feature request, imo this dev has always gone out of his way
to try to accommodate his customers when he can. Legitimate position or not, you kind of
come off sounding like a tool imo. Tadashi tends to work towards his own interests and needs
as a method of teaching himself how to write plugins or whatever, originally his stuff was all
done in max for live only. imo he has made great strides and only been ridiculously generous
in regard to pricing, upgrades and providing free versions for anyone. Also in accommodating
feature requests. :shrug:

Yeah, so much love and work he puts in his plugins. Big up Tadashi!
The average bored guy

Bought it and like it a lot. But I would also like to see a way to trigger the patterns (triggering the samples is less important to me as I see HY-Slicer more as a sequencer/arranger than a conventional sampler) with MIDI notes, or with host automation.
Last edited by PTV on Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry for double posting, but it fits better here than in the "Effects" forum:
The new Hy-Sclicer 2 doesn't have vital features the original Hy-Slicer has: Step-Arranger, Groove and Accent parameters (Swing). This is badly missed here.
The upgrade policy is very generous, I got the upgrade for free, but nevertheless I would express these points and ask for bringing these functions back!
Hy-Sclicer 1 has some ergonomic advantages, e.g. drag&drop from folders, desktop etc. That is missing with the version 2, only loading through the in built file browser is possible.
Hopefully Hy-Slicer 1 will be updated and supported too in the future, because the version 2 is no full substitute, although it has some very helpful improvements, especially the multi sample functionality.
But sometimes a straightforward, simple tool is perfect for the task. Hy-Slicer 1 was and is it for me, just a dark skin is missing.

I believe that I will continue to post as many times as necessary, you will notice the number of my posts and my date of registration, I am not a dormant account of a crazy (idiot) with multiple accounts, I read more than I haven't written this for more than a decade, I have witnessed repeated baching on some completely unjustified brands that have not been properly moderated. Your admiration for this developer does not concern me. It is not a request for functionality but that the product is simply functional, the virtual instrument midi control is an essential basic function, for me there is not a free update or the free light version but a direct purchase of version 2, it is in this sense that I consider my criticism legitimate.
peace and love for all.

Edit: quoted myself by mistake, sorry :hihi:
PTV wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:59 pm Bought it and like it a lot. But I would also like to see a way to trigger the patterns (triggering the samples is less important to me as I see HY-Slicer more as a sequencer/arranger than a conventional sampler) with MIDI notes, or with host automation.

Return to “Instruments”