Tracktion Presents: Wavesequencer Hyperion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:02 pm
WasteLand wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:39 am now at jrrshop, for around 22 dollar.....

https://www.jrrshop.com/tracktion-hyperion
Awesome. Bought it for $22.50 :) Just waiting for my activation code.
Same for me - still waiting for the code

emulator01 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:36 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:02 pm
WasteLand wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:39 am now at jrrshop, for around 22 dollar.....

https://www.jrrshop.com/tracktion-hyperion
Awesome. Bought it for $22.50 :) Just waiting for my activation code.
Same for me - still waiting for the code
Mine arrived a few minutes ago :)

its a really great synth,
also for its MPE capabilities…
!

Does Hyperion have both audio and midi inputs and outputs?

Has anyone figured out how to import wavetables or create new wavetables for Hyperion?

I can import a WT made in another synth into the Wavesequence Module and the name even shows but the actual wave file is not imported.

They both use the .wt file extension but the formats are different. You can see the formats by opening the .wt files in Word Pad or I'm assuming in the Mac equivalent.

There must be a way to create and import WTs into Hyperion but I have had no luck so far. :shrug:

Does anyone know why there isn't a Note Frequency input on the Soundfont/SFZ Node? I can load and play a Soundfont but there's no pitch tracking. There's a lot to learn with this synth but that's a good thing. It means I won't get bored with it quickly which can rarely be said about about a synth with a sub $25 sale price.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Hmmm it mystifies me why Hyperion doesn't get more attention. I was guilty of ignoring it in the past as well but the recent no-brainer price was irresistible. It really is a very capable synth.

It's still on sale at JRR Shop for $25 and I got it for $22.50 with the discount. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

This thing delivers some serious JYPM (jizz your pants moments) very easily. Loving it so far. Can't believe it was this price. Goes very nicely with Abyss too, which was also only $25 recently... crazy times!
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

Yep, crazy times to get some of the best synths ITB.

Choikdoi wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:21 pm Goes very nicely with Abyss too, which was also only $25 recently... crazy times!
I got 'em both in their recent sales ... crazy (or desperate) times for sure. :ud:

Teksonik wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:59 pm Hmmm it mystifies me why Hyperion doesn't get more attention. I was guilty of ignoring it in the past as well but the recent no-brainer price was irresistible. It really is a very capable synth.

It's still on sale at JRR Shop for $25 and I got it for $22.50 with the discount. :tu:
It’s not the most user friendly interface. I picked it up at the last sale too, and fooled around with it for a few minutes and thought, “Yeah, I need to get back to this when I have a bigger chunk of time.” I never did. I should.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:44 am “Yeah, I need to get back to this when I have a bigger chunk of time.”.
indeed. It's not the most intuitive interface for sure. :wink:

It looks exactly like the standalone UI of Octane Render.

Yes it's certainly not the most intuitive interface and workflow but I think the basics are easy enough to grasp.

Not being a fan of modular synthesis in general, I'm not to the point where I can construct complex patches. But I've done some simple patches and layering the presets into Combis is a lot of fun and yields some very impressive results.

I do have some questions though and I'm not sure if the developer interacts anywhere. For example I still can't figure out why there's no Note Frequency input on the Soundfont Node or how to add one.

Certainly it's going to take some time to get comfortable with this synth let alone master it and to me that's part of the appeal. It's not often I can pay $22.50 for a synth and not get bored with it in a matter of hours. Hyperion has tremendous sound design capability so should entertain for quite some time. I'm also a fan of its core sound which I think is of outstanding quality.

It's capable of some otherworldly pads and soundscapes but it's also a very capable VA so if one doesn't want or need soundscapes you could certainly justify the price alone just for the VA sounds.

I haven't followed the story of Hyperion that closely so I don't know if it's still being developed or if there is an active user community somewhere. Like I said it doesn't seem to get much attention here. I'll have a poke around the internet to see if there are any resources available.

Teksonik wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:02 pm I do have some questions though and I'm not sure if the developer interacts anywhere.
I was chatting with him after accidentally using the contact form the website (was meant for comments "regarding promotional materials or press-releases" only), but he kindly took the time to reply. But in that conversation, similarly to what is on the website, he suggested that the best way to raise any questions is through Discord.

https://www.hyperionsynth.com/information

"The best place to discuss and raise questions or share thoughts about Hyperion is currently via the Wavesequencer discord server (https://discord.com/invite/SwXuffYq6c) - Hyperion discord channels are a place to share ideas and get help from the community of users as well as from the developer."
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

Teksonik wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:02 pm Yes it's certainly not the most intuitive interface and workflow but I think the basics are easy enough to grasp.

Not being a fan of modular synthesis in general, I'm not to the point where I can construct complex patches. But I've done some simple patches and layering the presets into Combis is a lot of fun and yields some very impressive results.

I do have some questions though and I'm not sure if the developer interacts anywhere. For example I still can't figure out why there's no Note Frequency input on the Soundfont Node or how to add one.

Certainly it's going to take some time to get comfortable with this synth let alone master it and to me that's part of the appeal. It's not often I can pay $22.50 for a synth and not get bored with it in a matter of hours. Hyperion has tremendous sound design capability so should entertain for quite some time. I'm also a fan of its core sound which I think is of outstanding quality.

It's capable of some otherworldly pads and soundscapes but it's also a very capable VA so if one doesn't want or need soundscapes you could certainly justify the price alone just for the VA sounds.

I haven't followed the story of Hyperion that closely so I don't know if it's still being developed or if there is an active user community somewhere. Like I said it doesn't seem to get much attention here. I'll have a poke around the internet to see if there are any resources available.
There's a midi Note in input on the soundfont generator.

Return to “Instruments”