2023: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2023)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a Roland SDE-2500 and I love it! The max delay time isn't as long as the SDE-3000 but it has a CV input and it can be triggered to loop with a gate. I use it mostly for lightly modulated delays and find it to have a nice subtle character.

Thanks for the input Justin 😀

MicroFreak Stellar Edition has landed! Having to rearrange my desk again to accommodate it (bloody cables).

I thought these were supposed to come with the new firmware but mine has 4.0.4 so I just updated it in MCC and it's now copying over the factory samples.
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:24 pm MicroFreak Stellar Edition has landed! Having to rearrange my desk again to accommodate it (bloody cables).

I thought these were supposed to come with the new firmware but mine has 4.0.4 so I just updated it in MCC and it's now copying over the factory samples.
enjoy!
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

sprnva wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:24 pm MicroFreak Stellar Edition has landed! Having to rearrange my desk again to accommodate it (bloody cables).

Congrats! I really want the Stellar Edition but don’t want to bother with selling the vocoder edition. I know it’s just the color/design but I like this version.

Today I acquired the Peterson StroboPLUS HDC and the matching Body Beat Vibe Clip (Black) to use as a haptic metronome. Before, I would play freeform improvisations without tempo, but using these will allow me to play more consistent performances.
Last edited by FranklyFlawless on Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Found a good deal on a volca sample on reverb so I bought it as a birthday present for myself..plus there was a $10 coupon on reverb. Ok now I really am set for a while

I've got my eye on the Minifreak. I want some keys I can noodle on without opening a DAW, and I no longer have space to set up my larger keyboards. I know from experience that I'd feel cramped with too few keys, or too few voices, so that limits my options. I've heard a lot of good things about the Minifreak's build quality and versatility.

Even so, there are alternatives. The Hydrasynth Explorer is the obvious candidate in that price range, and it has some nice bonuses like running on batteries and actually being on shelves right now. Based on what I've seen, I don't think I'd like the sound or the control scheme, but I haven't yet managed to try one out in person. Even if I don't like it as a synth, I could always repurpose it as a controller, since polyphonic aftertouch is otherwise so hard to come by.

I'll just have to keep an eye on the restock situation.
Last edited by Super Piano Hater 64 on Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I hate signatures too.

I want 2023 to be the year I get rid of all the gear. I'm not getting any real pleasure out of music anymore and I feel my trophies deserve more than another year of collecting dust. On top of that, as I get older, I really don't want to burden whoever I leave behind with the hassle of getting rid of it. I'll keep a bit of software and 1 guitar should the urge ever arise again.

jocknaethick wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:32 pm I want 2023 to be the year I get rid of all the gear. I'm not getting any real pleasure out of music anymore and I feel my trophies deserve more than another year of collecting dust. On top of that, as I get older, I really don't want to burden whoever I leave behind with the hassle of getting rid of it. I'll keep a bit of software and 1 guitar should the urge ever arise again.
i offer free storage for gear ;)

Perfect Circuit wants to know if I like the Enner, but I've been too sick to play. I feel like I should make a video of it -tips and tricks? The three-tier synth rack is on the way and I feel like I want to buy a flagship synth. Something to go gaga over every weekend.

Constructed Identity wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:31 am Perfect Circuit wants to know if I like the Enner, but I've been too sick to play. I feel like I should make a video of it -tips and tricks? The three-tier synth rack is on the way and I feel like I want to buy a flagship synth. Something to go gaga over every weekend.
Yes, video please!

Just saw that Behringer’s version of the Bode frequency shifter will be $149 so that’s definitely on my list.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Waiting for my Pro 800 to arrive :)

D-Fusion wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:03 pm Waiting for my Pro 800 to arrive :)
I'm waiting for mine to arrive at my dealer. I assume that you're not in the U.S.?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”