CLIPPER - which ones can you recommend?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Newfangled Saturate, and i tried them all.
this one is the most transparent.
🇷🇺

osiris wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:21 pm I've been loving WA Productions Outlaw.
Is there really a clipper in there !?

I've been eyeballing Outlaw for a while, for volume automation .... had no idea about the clipper :!:

I love Outlaw on tracks but Toneboosters Barricade is always on the Master. Outlaw isn't really a clipper, but you can push it and get the parameters right and it does the trick. Looking at clippers SIR looks great. I like the way Integraudio Clips sounds, but it takes CPU and their stuff I think does lookahead and (for me) if I try to change presets while playing just stops everything. But I still use because it sounds so good. Out of all I think kazrog KClip 3 has the most features.

ralfrobert wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:09 pm SIR Standard Clip.

https://www.siraudiotools.com/StandardCLIP.php
Yup. Good visual feedback, many options, excellent control of parameters. Great results.

spigmu wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:40 pm

Yup. Good visual feedback, many options, excellent control of parameters. Great results.
Yes. It looks a bit like a relict from the 90s, but it's a great tool.

Caine123 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:07 pm hi guys, it seems Clipper can give you for more energetic genres like trance, edm etc. some extra punch/dBs? i used sometimes IKM Tracks Clipper but i dont want to use Tracks anymore cause IKM is not on my preferred list long time. does anyone got any recommendations?
You've been here for a (long?) while... didn't you test clippers ?

One can coax a "short" list of DOZENS of 'em clippers... and the sad part ? almost 10 out of 10 times one can't tell the difference of the BASIC clipping action (that is : between different processors).

One can go free (eg. Airwindows - way too many to name them, Venn FreeClip1/2, GClip - although it's kinda long in tooth, Wavesfactory Flash, Clipmax... those are just from the top of my head); can go cheap (Saturate is simply a no-brainer at the current discounted price) or can go nuts with the likes of ASH.

For dance/EDM - most (if not ALL) prominent free offering will do the job just fine.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 9:12 pm I usually just use GClip
Gclip and Clipmax are seriously amazing pieces of freeware

+1 Standard Clip

Mdekoning wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:37 pm +1 Standard Clip
And not to derail this, but SIR's SIR3 is an excellent reverb that in their bundle with Standard Clip is a great deal. Very useful impulses and loads of ways to shape them. Anything they put out I'm interested in. Great sounding and superior interfaces.

StandardClip is my go-to but Gold clip is coming!

thx a lot guys, got StandardClip since 2 weeks now ;). great plugin, i need to tame it some times though, it is great to hear that when you clip too much you hear the distortion right away.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

ralfrobert wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:54 am
spigmu wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:40 pm

Yes. It looks a bit like a relict from the 90s, but it's a great tool.
Hmm, I quite like the UI but there is something to this. I suppose the "90s" aspects of the GUI design are that it is

- non-skeuomorphic
- dense layout that shows most things on the main page
- simple line drawings, not heavily stylised

Whereas the "modern" trends towards sparse layout with flashy photos or artwork. I think there is already some backlash against tabs and submenus, and as excuses go "the hardware has that limitation" is losing its shine. So maybe we are coming back to some of the better elements of 90s design...

The clipper on plugin alliance's alpha compressor.

Free ones that stand up to most.... Airwindows ADClip7 and One Corner Clip.

I'd really like to own Acustica's ASH, demoing at the moment, can't afford or justify the current price. Last night was doing a few tests alongside Signum Audio's Skye Clipper and manage to achieve similar results, purchased it for £25.

ASH is very versatile and sounds good, I like the choice offered. Perhaps will pick up one day.

Long story short, Skye Clipper is worth a look! although the VST3 crashed when changing algo, VST2 is fine.

Return to “Effects”