⚠ ⚠ Reason 12.6 - No perpetual offline-licence mode anymore! ⚠ ⚠

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LaLivre wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:02 am
revvy wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:59 am I spend fiat money every day. Everyone does, no?

Bohemian Grove is old but still a good tune; was v groundbreaking at the time.
You are indeed living in a dream world. :wink: :ud:
That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me this week :)
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Great, glad to hear. Have a nice weekend. Back to topic :)

Samiver wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:40 am Talking of EU law was their not a case that set the precedent that software can be resold in the EU. There are lots of software providers that do not allow reselling of vst and rs do not allow you to sell RE'S.
You are being stupid 😊. As a wise man once said: "Laws are there to protect them but not you!". You are living in a dream world...

More seriously, you are absolutely right...

LaLivre wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:54 am
What do you think about stuff like the "Bohemian Grove", "Fiat Money ", "Skull and Bones", "Catastrophic Contaigon" or the "Great Reset" to name a few others?
Hi, thanks for asking the question.
I think they are absolutely interesting things and agree to some aspects.

But my strong strong conviction is that we are living in a nuanced and complex world.
Extrapolations are very very dangerous and most often stupidly wrong. It is not because malware exists and some GAFA (for which data IS there business model) do wrong that Reason Studios is doing wrong.

dlandis wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:29 am ...
I bring this up because, if it's fear of Reason going under behind your comment, I'll possibly be able to put your mind at ease due to the fact that in the few cases that something similar to this this have happened to me, one of two things has happened. In the first case, the companies not supporting a product anymore made arrangements for the product owners to retain rights to their licenses for perpetuity regardless of whatever type of copy protection was in use before the decision to stop supporting the software. Something like this happened when Apple bought Alchemy from Camel Audio. All valid license holders received a notice far in advance of the sale so that they could retain Alchemy for their computers in a manner so that they could (with specific and clear directions from Camel) reinstall the VST and other data on any new computers that they might desire in the future. In the second case (usually very small companies,) the owners stop supporting and manufacturing the software, but often do in conjunction with going out of business. The software continues to work in exactly the same manner on the original machine and very often the owner offers a final distribution to enable the user to continue using/reinstalling the software without issue. This second scenario is reminiscent of a situation that happened several years ago with a unique sounding VST named Enzyme by Humanoid Sound Systems. I happen to own Enzyme and have installed it on a new computer since the demise of Humanoid. I do imagine that at some point (with an OS change probably,) it may stop working, but all is fine now.
Sorry sir, I missed your message and I said the same thing with my own words (but less clarity).
Obviously, I fully agree with you!

What a weird convo.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:52 am What a weird convo.
What a weird comment. :hyper:

LaLivre wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:54 am
Jac459 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:32 am
Trancit wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:05 am You are living in a dream world...

These laws are nothing but fantasy... they are there to protect them but not you!
I see the world you are living in... I will stay in mine if you don't mind lol...

I am not very much into conspiracy theory. I am part of the stupid people who think earth is round, we really went on the moon, elvis presley is really dead, etc....
"Great Reset" to name a few others?
when is that now? seeing as it didn't happen the past few times.

My pragmatic concern is that Reason Studios get stripped apart by vulture capitalists and the activation server is switched off.

The rather aggressive push towards subscription models suggests that the finance world already has some strategic influence.

It would be nice to know if some failsafe exists for such a scenario.

nevermind

These laws are nothing but fantasy... they are there to protect them but not you!
I see the world you are living in... I will stay in mine if you don't mind lol...

I am not very much into conspiracy theory. I am part of the stupid people who think earth is round, we really went on the moon, elvis presley is really dead, etc....
What does the Amazon story has to do with conspiracy theories???

This is proven fact...went through many main stream media as well...

Or do you just want to play the momentary common game that everything you don´t like to hear are right wing extremists, conspiracy theorists, corona and holocausts deniers, racists...
Did I miss one of the narratives???

Trancit wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:16 pm

Or do you just want to play the momentary common game that everything you don´t like to hear are right wing extremists, conspiracy theorists, corona and holocausts deniers, racists...
Jac459 doesn't respond to clones.
Ask not what your DAW can do for you, but what you can do with your DAW

? ? ? wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:27 pm Jac459 doesn't respond to clones.
:hihi: :hihi: Sorry I can't resist...

? ? ? wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:27 pm ...
Jac459 doesn't respond to clones.
I knew, I forgot one...

Trancit wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:16 pm

I think I made it quite obvious that I was not reacting to that part... How do you understand the "quote" feature in this forum ??? (Hint: this question will help you see what I am reacting to).

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”