Tracktion Presents: Wavesequencer Hyperion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is a NKS version in the NKS User Library (in my sig) if anyone wants it

Choikdoi wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:12 pm I was chatting with him after accidentally using the contact form the website (was meant for comments "regarding promotional materials or press-releases" only), but he kindly took the time to reply. But in that conversation, similarly to what is on the website, he suggested that the best way to raise any questions is through Discord.

https://www.hyperionsynth.com/information

"The best place to discuss and raise questions or share thoughts about Hyperion is currently via the Wavesequencer discord server (https://discord.com/invite/SwXuffYq6c) - Hyperion discord channels are a place to share ideas and get help from the community of users as well as from the developer."
Ok thanks I accepted the invite. :tu: Sadly I find Discord visually overwhelming. :shock:
kraster wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:06 pm There's a midi Note in input on the soundfont generator.
Yes there is Note In but there is no Note frequency tab like there is for the Sample module and the VA Oscs etc.

Hyperion 060923-1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:32 am
Choikdoi wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:12 pm I was chatting with him after accidentally using the contact form the website (was meant for comments "regarding promotional materials or press-releases" only), but he kindly took the time to reply. But in that conversation, similarly to what is on the website, he suggested that the best way to raise any questions is through Discord.

https://www.hyperionsynth.com/information

"The best place to discuss and raise questions or share thoughts about Hyperion is currently via the Wavesequencer discord server (https://discord.com/invite/SwXuffYq6c) - Hyperion discord channels are a place to share ideas and get help from the community of users as well as from the developer."
Ok thanks I accepted the invite. :tu: Sadly I find Discord visually overwhelming. :shock:
kraster wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:06 pm There's a midi Note in input on the soundfont generator.
Yes there is Note In but there is no Note frequency tab like there is for the Sample module and the VA Oscs etc.

Hyperion 060923-1.png

I'd say it's because soundfonts are already self contained instruments to some extent.

Like they don't have level inputs either but have velocity inputs instead. They also have their own envelopes too.

Whereas things like oscillators are more like raw building blocks.

That may be true but if there is no way to play them like instruments because there is no frequency input then that doesn't make sense. Why add a SF module if you can't play it?

Anyway there has to be some way to get it working but I haven't discovered it on my own yet. Maybe I'll try to ask at Discord. The manual is not really helping in this case.

EDIT: Ok I figured it out. The T and N connections have to made on the Soundfont module. Now it plays and pitches.

As you said it's sending midi notes instead of frequency as it does with the VA and other Oscs.

It will load multi-instrument Soundfonts like a GM SF but can only play the first instrument. I don't see a way to select different instruments inside a SF.

Single instrument SF import works fine although I have found a small few that don't work.

We can easily turn Hyperion into an 80's-90's Rompler with the proper sample content. Add some nice fat unison saws to the sample layers and lushness awaits.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Doesn't it have the ability to edit the waveforms of the oscillator (like in the custom lfo module)?

Teksonik wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:24 pm We can easily turn Hyperion into an 80's-90's Rompler with the proper sample content. Add some nice fat unison saws to the sample layers and lushness awaits.
I may just have to buy this one! Sounds like it has a lot of potential.
Is it still on sale anywhere? I just noticed the price is back up again.

EDIT: I found it on JRRShop for $25. :)

Examigan wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:15 pm EDIT: I found it on JRRShop for $25. :)
That's where I bought my license and there was an extra discount automatically applied. I got it for $22.50 which is a truly no brainer price for this synth....in my opinion of course. :tu:

Teksonik wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:15 pm
Examigan wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:15 pm EDIT: I found it on JRRShop for $25. :)
That's where I bought my license and there was an extra discount automatically applied. I got it for $22.50 which is a truly no brainer price for this synth....in my opinion of course. :tu:
I am not quite so much of a modular type of synth guy, so hopefully it's easy enough to figure out when I make my own patches. Usually I try to see how existing patches are put together and then it makes more sense.

Picked up a copy - JRRShop the price is bonkers

The interface is something I see in the 3D rendering world :)

I see you can choose between a couple of different free offers with an order on JRRShop. When I add Hyperion to the cart, I don't see where to select the free one. (?)

I am talking about the freebies (with an order) from this page:
https://www.jrrshop.com/features/specials/
Unless those offers are over with... I do see a date at the top (June 10th), but it doesn't say that's when the offers end.

That's the first I've heard about the free offers with an order at JRRShop. I don't remember reading anything about it pre-purchase I don't see anything in my account that would indicate I earned a freebie for my purchase of Hyperion.

Scrolling down the page of the link you gave I do see:

JRR Shop.png

And there is another for Audiolens as well but I don't see any indication I qualify for either.

Where is Uncle E when we need him? :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Examigan wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:40 pm I see you can choose between a couple of different free offers with an order on JRRShop. When I add Hyperion to the cart, I don't see where to select the free one. (?)

I am talking about the freebies (with an order) from this page:
https://www.jrrshop.com/features/specials/
Unless those offers are over with... I do see a date at the top (June 10th), but it doesn't say that's when the offers end.
I just added one of them to the cart, along with my other items, and the discount was applied automatically.

Edit*

But it doesn't do it for me now. No idea if that's because the promo ended, or if it's because it's 1 per customer and I used mine up.
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

Uncle E wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:13 am JRR Shop 25th Anniversary Sale

Free AAS Ultra Analog Session with any purchase, simply add it to cart along with the rest of your order:
https://www.jrrshop.com/aas?dir=desc&or ... _from_date
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

Got Hyperion but somehow I missed the free offer?
I must be going blind! :(

I checked into it and like others said, you have to add one of the free offers to your order.
Then it will only show the price of the first item (such as Hyperion).

Return to “Instruments”