Request for quality sounds for the "LinnStrument MPE" library for Surge XT

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If someone wants to take it on, a good method would be to start with one of thoughtForm’s (Max’s) excellent wind sounds then create a new wavetable for it.

thanks for that roger!
Last edited by euanek on Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

They're in the Surge XT official release under the 3rd Party Patches > LinnStrument MPE > Winds, then look for sounds that show "By: thoughtForm" in the lower right corner of the Patch Browser.

oops edited my above post as managed to find them but you beat me to it! amazing service as always from you, roger. thanks a bunch! :-)

i'm not sure how successful ill be trying to make that concertina sound. i'll give it a go but i'd imagine others here will do a much better job so don't count on me haha.

In all of Max's sounds, he took two samples from a real wind instrument, then created a wave file that morphed between them, which he used Y-axis in the patch to vary the timbre along the wavetable. So may you could take one of his sounds and swap out the wavetable file.

okay thanks! if only we could persuade the audio modeling guys to take on some lesser known instruments :ud: :lol:

euanek wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:00 am okay thanks! if only we could persuade the audio modeling guys to take on some lesser known instruments :ud: :lol:
Go ahead and contact them. They may be interested in your suggestions.

Good idea!

Return to “Roger Linn Design”