Experience of Phil Speiser's mixing tool The_Strip?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Does anyone yet have experience of Phil Speiser's mixing tool The_Strip?
https://philspeiser.com/product/the_strip/

I was wondering if that's any good as a new tool. I wouldn't like to spend money just for nothing, and I didn't find yet any reviews. And I'm pretty doubtful about this kind of tools, if they really make mixing any easier. So if anyone has tried, I appreciate some comments.

Well, there's all sorts of things on "The Strip" website, as if this tool does the mixing for you.
The author has definitely done a lot of work - and probably put together a complex tool.
I haven't tested "The Strip" - but I always have big doubts about ads like this:

All songs are different - in style and instrumentation. And one tool should be able to do
the mixing for everyone? Or just simplify it?

Imagine you are painting a picture. With different colors and contrasts. And then someone
offers you a tool that finishes the picture and rounds it off. Can such a thing even exist?
Isn't finishing painting, like mixing, a creative process that cannot be imitated by any
machine or tool? :?:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

That's what I'm also thinking, that mixing can't be so much automated. Well in some level it can, but of course it's a lot about your own vision and stuff.

I watched one video about the usage of that, but I think it was more like commercial so I wouldn't trust that too much. But I understood that the tool doesn't do the mixing itself, but can kind of help.

But in the other hand I'm not sure if it is only eq, compressor, etc in one package...

He claims that it only does the necessary common things, and leaves only the creative part up to you.

I have not tried, or even heard of, this thing. Like others, I have to say this is not Mixing. It may seem like mixing in the way that people who are not real Mix Engineers - not real Artists - think things work but this is not Art. You can't "color by numbers" Art, you have to feel it, live it.

Watching his video: While I will admit that things are happening, there is no Art in here, merely changing sound and assuming that music only ever sounds one way (which may represent Spotifry). This is the thing any/every Indie act needs to stay away from as much as possible - sounding like Trailer Swift or Drunke, only worse.

BTW his Before/After sounds like he started with the After then made it sound bad for the Before (not the first to play that trick - see my Higher hz video on Waves Clarity below).

This is me looking at a similar sort of thing in an EQ that claims to make you mix amazeballs for you. While it makes a difference, it borks my piece badly.
https://youtu.be/KeT_V1yRXx4?si=3GErF3qodtDjtazl

Waves off marketing:
https://youtu.be/bNmaXmiENKQ?si=9i4eNPKv2rUdVbga

I got it out of curiosity and it was a complete waste of money. The programming is massively flawed. So unless you want to pay $99 to look at a login screen it's not worth it.

Return to “Production Techniques”