Cannot Move Window

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

In MuLab version 9.0.35, when not in full-screen mode, the button bar is such that I cannot select and move the window.

What can you suggest?

Thank you,

Michael

You can move the main project window by dragging the project name display.
Does that answer your question?

>> Does that answer your question?

Yes. Perfect. Thank you!

I had this issue as well. I am glad there's a solution, but I can't help but notice how unintuitive that is, especially since that was NOT a thing in M7, and most other programs provide a section at the top of the window for that exact reason. I love this program, but come on, guys! How do you mess that up? It's something programs have been doing for literally decades!

I think such legacy title bar is quite a waste of space and too much distracting. That said i understand your point that the option to move the main window may be too difficult to find, so what about adding an extra button, near the minimize-maximize-close buttons, to move the window?

Couldn't the current contour of the Mulab window be used for that? Or maybe an extra information on how to move the window while first time opening Mulab, after terms and demo reminder? Just some ideas.

humanboeing wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:45 pm Couldn't the current contour of the Mulab window be used for that?
It does! But you have to know, and that's CobaltHeart's point.

mutools wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:54 pm
humanboeing wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:45 pm Couldn't the current contour of the Mulab window be used for that?
It does! But you have to know, and that's CobaltHeart's point.
I should clarify, I meant dragging the window by the border with left click.

I guess it wouldn't work as it is already reserved for scaling, I forgot about it as I'm always running in full screen mode :p

The project window can be moved by dragging the project name display and also by right-click-dragging the window borders.

About the idea of adding an explicit visual hook for it:
Here is a mockup of how an explicit Move Window button may look like:
P2.png
What do you think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I think it's pretty obvious what it means.

I never even noticed the top bar had been removed lol like humanboeing, I always run in full screen mode.

But I think that button is a good idea.

mutools wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:12 pm I think such legacy title bar is quite a waste of space and too much distracting. That said i understand your point that the option to move the main window may be too difficult to find, so what about adding an extra button, near the minimize-maximize-close buttons, to move the window?
If this is the future of MuLab's UI, then some kind of button or icon would be great, especially for newer users! Personally, I don't mind the older style, but I admit, the new style is kinda growing on me. Perhaps that could be an option to toggle? I do apologies if my previous remark came off a little strong though, I was just a little frustrated.

CobaltHeart wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:46 pm I had this issue as well. I am glad there's a solution, but I can't help but notice how unintuitive that is, ...
I would have never figured that out. It should be included in the tips and tricks section of the manual.
CobaltHeart wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:02 am If this is the future of MuLab's UI, ...
The ultimate solution would be making the transport bar re-arrangable IMO. There are some things that I dont use, that I could save viewable space and slide them all the way to the right, and put things that I need towards the left. And make the close/open/move button slide with the window so that its always in view. Or even "floating", a swipe up drop down.

Return to “MUTOOLS”