Strange Field Recording Anomaly

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pekbro wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:17 pm
osiris wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:23 pm The cane toad story reminds me of the month I spent in Hawaii and every night the coqui frogs would chirp up a storm. I wondered how I would sleep. After I got home and made it to bed, it was quiet. Way too quiet. I think you got electric hum. Were you near a transformer?
The coqui frogs aren't everywhere like the toads, it's definitely toads that I was hearing. One only
need listen with some of them in the vicinity to be able to hear that their individual songs are combining into a drone.
They were. They were all in a tree in Hilo. By my window.

vurt wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:56 pm :o
pervert!

:lol:
Of course, the strategic power of boob missiles cannot be underestimated as well.

Last edited by pekbro on Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

osiris wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:27 pm
osiris wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:23 pm The cane toad story reminds me of the month I spent in Hawaii and every night the coqui frogs would chirp up a storm. I wondered how I would sleep. After I got home and made it to bed, it was quiet. Way too quiet. I think you got electric hum. Were you near a transformer?
The coqui frogs aren't everywhere like the toads, it's definitely toads that I was hearing. One only
need listen with some of them in the vicinity to be able to hear that their individual songs are combining into a drone.
:shrug: I'm not on the Big Island, tbh its been a quite a while since I saw a coqui frog, I think they
might have been mostly wiped out here by folks pouring coffee on them.

Now we have these cool lookin lizards from Madagascar running around all over everything.

It's weird how something that irritates you first you miss when it's gone. I'm telling you when I got home night time sounded like I was in a soundproof room.

pekbro wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:32 pm
:shrug: I'm not on the Big Island, tbh its been a quite a while since I saw a coqui frog, I think they

Now we have these cool lookin lizards from Madagascar running around all over everything.
Day Geckos. I saw a video from someone vacationing in Hawaii with giant day geckos on a patio. More invasive species for you on your island. Everywhere in the USA there are invasive species because people don't think before letting out pets. I was born in Florida, haven't seen it in decades and don't really want to because of how it has probably changed.

Constructed Identity wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:59 am
pekbro wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:32 pm

Day Geckos. I saw a video from someone vacationing in Hawaii with giant day geckos on a patio. More invasive species for you on your island. Everywhere in the USA there are invasive species because people don't think before letting out pets. I was born in Florida, haven't seen it in decades and don't really want to because of how it has probably changed.
Yup, that's them. I was kinda personally identifying them as Yakuza lizards as they have kind of tatoo looking marks on their backs and they muscle in on other folks territory.

I used to have a cassette tape recorder.
The erase head was broken so it couldn't erase, only record.
This means it would over dub, and layer multiple recordings.

I used to to record incoming airplanes near the airport.
The layers sound became very harmonic and very nice to hear.....

I released it on a 45 and it became a great dance hit for the reluctant flyer.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”