Any "trick" to launch v3 on Windows 10?

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I have just dug out a copy of version 3 and installed it just by double clicking the defaults, and it installed to the x86 program directory. It booted fine first go and saves and loads from that directory. No crashes. I am on the latest Win 11 intel. Maybe its an AMD thing?

i cannot launch v3 on win10 either after upgrading my old hardware. went from 6600k (also running win10) to a newer intel cpu. havent yet tried to reconfigure anything in bios. when i inspect the error logs in the event viewer i see the following :

Faulting application name: energyXT.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x57321839
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3693, time stamp: 0x3ab9e7d5
Exception code: 0xc0000409

ext64 works fine though. pity because wants to open old projects..

Same here W10 MSurface. No problems.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

I've just built a new Ryzen 7900X system, and I'm running into the same issue with EXT3. You launch it, nothing happens. Now I know this isn't just an AMD thing, as the PC at my office is an intel ... I think it's 10th gen (can't recall off the top of my head), and I have the same problem there.

My laptop however, which I've been using since 2016, has a core i7-7700HQ, and has no issues running EXT3. Since they both run Windows 10, I don't know how much of the issue is OS related and how much is related to some newer architectural features.

As I'd heard mention of it not having a similar problem, I managed to track down an installer for EXT2.7 (thanks, web archive) and try it out. It did indeed work just fine, launching with no issues. Of course I had used V3 for a few projects and I don't know what extra features V3 added that might break project compatibility, but luckily the older version seemed perfectly happy to load the ones I tried.

In conclusion, if EXT3 doesn't get a fix (unlikely I'd say, with the focus now being on EXT64), EXT2.7 may get you up and running again. Older versions aren't available from the xt website, but I managed to find one from an earlier capture of the site on wayback machine.

I tried Version3 (the newest one) 32 bit on my Windows 11 computer and it doesn't start up.

Energy xt 1.4 and 2.0 do work though so I'm still doing well.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

i am able to run version 3 here on Windows 11. no problems at all. i copied it to a folder under my user folder. :shrug:

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11370H @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz

edit: really glad to see EXT64 coming along nicely. also XT-S1.

Return to “energyXT”