FFCCCC00
FF333333
DDD00CCC
FF333333
FF333333
CCC0000
DC33FFFF
FF333333
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DNnX wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:38 pm I'm not talking about the difference of the supersonic that we can't hear.
I'm talking about 10kHz - 20kHz range that we can hear.
Right. Sorry, I read your legend wrong.

Have i said, that i'm realy real happy with this plugin after a waiting for 5 years?
Collector of VSTs

Here's my take on the MPG-50 programmer, with a less saturated red header than the hardware:

mpg-50.png

FF913422
FFFFFFFF
FF913422
FFFFFFFF
FF913422
FFFFFFFF
FF913422
FFFFFFFF
FF913422
FFFFFFFF
FF913422
FFFFFFFF
FF913422
FFFFFFFF
FF0B0F1E
FFA1E5FE
FF3D3D3D

And here's an updated PG-300 with a lighter grey background (I think I prefer this one over V1):

pg-300v2.png
FF3D3D3D
FFDF4F4F
FF3D3D3D
FFDF4F4F
FF3D3D3D
FFDF4F4F
FF3D3D3D
FFDF4F4F
FF3D3D3D
FFDF4F4F
FF3D3D3D
FFDF4F4F
FF3D3D3D
FFDF4F4F
FF6D6D6D
FF222222
FF3D3D3D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Uhm.. Why are we spamming the thread with a bunch of strange numbers and letters

DNnX wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:20 pm Update to v1.1.0 and checked the new filter.

Freq 5.0, Res 10.0.
The new Normal mode has much closer response to my unit than Clean mode in this check.
Noi-Freq5-Res10.png
Nice. people like you give me hope about this forum. Now people have reverted into spamming a bunch of jibbersh :roll:

Yoloswagger9 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:02 pm Uhm.. Why are we spamming the thread with a bunch of strange numbers and letters
Not much else is going on here. Let the aliens speak in their language. :neutral:
<list your stupid gear here>

ReiKru wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:32 pm Have i said, that i'm realy real happy with this plugin after a waiting for 5 years?
Can you explain a bit how you make sounds with just one envelope? How can you even make one of the simplest sounds - a kickdrum and a psytrance bass? The kickdrum requires 1 amp envelope, and at least 1 pitch envelope. A psytrance bassline requires 1 amp envelope, and at least 1 filter envelope.
Same with hihats, snares and a bunch more..
I think I must be missing something. Can you somehow use a different envelope for each thing (amp, pitch, filter) but using just the one? Is there some trick to it?

Yoloswagger9 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:15 pm
ReiKru wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:32 pm Have i said, that i'm realy real happy with this plugin after a waiting for 5 years?
Can you explain a bit how you make sounds with just one envelope? How can you even make one of the simplest sounds - a kickdrum and a psytrance bass? The kickdrum requires 1 amp envelope, and at least 1 pitch envelope. A psytrance bassline requires 1 amp envelope, and at least 1 filter envelope.
I think I must be missing something. Can you somehow use a different envelope for each thing (amp, pitch, filter) but using just the one? Is there some trick to it?
Use GATE for Amp and ENV for Filter or Pitch. Take care with midi note lengths

Yoloswagger9 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:02 pm Uhm.. Why are we spamming the thread with a bunch of strange numbers and letters
I suspect it's a covert attempt to look smart by alluding to sysex. Dunno why, as nobody with any sense would touch sysex with a very long bargepole. It was a PITA back in the day, it's irrelevant today. The only thing even more aggravating than sysex is nrpn code.

TBH I dunno why devs even bother with this thing of making an emu plugin able to transfer sysex to the hw. If you have the hw you're going to use it. I can't see many people going to the effort of programming in a plugin, then dicking around with sysex dumps to transfer into the hw. Even despite AJ being a bastard to program. Not just philosophizing here...I have an AJ. In fact, the plugin is more likely to make me completely mothball the AJ (or even just throw it away) rather than use it.
I get it for digital synths and librarian/editors...eg for my Wavestate that makes perfect sense.

Anyway...the writer of sysex codes is just trying to look smart...and failing.

The fact that some of the users here are so hypersarcastic towards new members just shows you would like your little echo chamber where the same 5 users bounce off eachother. It would do you guys good to stop that and let some new blood in, from time to time. And stop patronising and being so damn sarcastic all the time.

discogsaddict wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:20 pm
So how do I have a slow attack on the amp at the same time as a pitch envelope? Isn't Gate just on/off?

kritikon wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:30 pm I suspect it's a covert attempt to look smart by alluding to sysex.
No, it's the colour schemes for the layouts people are posting, so other people can use them too.

Yoloswagger9 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:15 pm Can you explain a bit how you make sounds with just one envelope? How can you even make one of the simplest sounds - a kickdrum and a psytrance bass? The kickdrum requires 1 amp envelope, and at least 1 pitch envelope. A psytrance bassline requires 1 amp envelope, and at least 1 filter envelope.
1 envelope works for loads of sounds. Check out the kick preset on an AJ...quite good ones too, and loads of basses. Same for plenty of other old analogues that only had 1 env too - Junos only have 1 env, and they've been on thousands of tracks as basses, kicks etc.

As mentioned, you can use gate for the Amp, or you can simply use the same env for pitch, filter and even Amp. In fact for making kicks it makes perfect sense to have the same env for both pitch and filter, it's effective and doesn't require dicking around with multiple env settings. The pitch and filter both require very similar properties of quick snappy reduction. TBH it just shows how spoilt we've become with sw. Multiple envs, lfos, etc are nice to have but not essential. A decently programmed bass on something simple like any kind of Juno will generally sound better with its 1 env, 1 lfo than say a sterile digital Serum bass with multiple.e everything and overcomplication. Jeez, a 303 doesn't even have any kind of env that you can program, no lfo, yet it makes the most famous bass sounds ever made. :wink:

Yoloswagger9 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:40 pm
discogsaddict wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:20 pm
So how do I have a slow attack on the amp at the same time as a pitch envelope? Isn't Gate just on/off?
In that case pitch would have to use the same envelope. Or resample and use the sampler envelopes.
Or use another synth if you need that.

The Alpha Juno came out in the 80s. Most of these classics have features unique to them and lack features which other synths have. The SH101 and Juno 106 are the same with env and gate.
You cant do PWM on a Minimoog or MS20 for example.

Return to “Instruments”