I have a question on what vst and how to make such a mixdown / mastering

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ramm Darkened wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:10 am You can use any kind of chorus to create a nice wide sounding bass
Thanks you, I use chorus... Please tell me what's here, how loud it plays, it seems to me that in the foreground it's the bass flush with the kick?

Can you give us your opinion on the theme of the mixdown song :idea: ?

From what I hear in the song:
1. Vocal - he has sidechaing only on drop, buildup I can't hear, There's definitely an echo and reverb effect (-6dB gainstading).
2. Bass: Sub-bass play in mono, Wide-Bass play stereo, playing after the vocal by volume (-5dB gainstading) How to make such a space in bass?
3. Kick: It probably plays as loudly as the bass (-5dB), Kick play in mono ?,
4. Clap: plays in the middle ? (-8 dB)

I don't know how to set the rest, How to get that space in a song :clap: ?

Dude, you don't need to know the specifics or copy it, you just need to learn production, then you can put your own spin on it. Takes a few years, starting today. There's not like 4 or 5 things making that sound, it's like hundreds of little decisions that add up to the whole. The stuff your asking is very simplistic, that's not the secret sauce.

See my earlier post for the golden advice you need. You only need to spend 35 euro to download the entire XLNTSound archive of Ableton remakes, all these tricks are there in their projects, you only need to go through the projects solo-ing various elements and studying the sound design, effects and routing. Even if you don't use Ableton it doesn't matter, you can apply all the same tricks in the DAW of your choice.

FIkcja wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:31 pm
DMG68 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:58 pm Some of these are in your DAW already - a simple google search will give you plenty results. Then your ears tell you the rest. Having the names of all the plugins isn’t going to make a difference, look into what you have, learn how to use it, listen to music in the same style and try to make yours sound the same. It takes a long time to be able to do this, plugins don’t solve it for you. If you want to do it all yourself then be prepared to put in the time, otherwise just build your song and find others to mix it and master it for you.

1. Vocal - he has sidechaing only on drop, buildup I can't hear, There's definitely an echo and reverb effect (-3dB gainstading).
2. Bass: Sub-bass play in mono, Wide-Bass play stereo, playing after the vocal by volume (-5dB gainstading) How to make such a space in bass?
4. Clap: plays in the middle ? (-7 dB)

I don’t think in the way to answer your question about the song you posted, so I’m not bothering with analyzing that. There is no one recipe to mix a song. Some will sound brighter, others darker, some will have the bass louder than others. All of these could still meet ‘professionally mixed’ criteria. You need to just start working on it.

Space in the song is primarily by musical arrangement, choice of sounds and eq/with other effects as well, but eq is important. Take the advice above. The other option is to rebuild a song yourself using sounds as close as you can find and then try to match the sound of your reference track during mixing.

If you notice, you aren’t getting answers to your questions, as the answers won’t help you. You make a song in a different key with different sounds and everything changes, you have to learn how to navigate that, there is no formula.

Right, it might sound like we're contradicting ourselves by saying on the one hand saying there's no point to your questions, and on the other hand recommending you to deconstruct tracks to learn.

But we can tell by your questions that you're really inexperienced and are hoping for some magic bullet to the magic sound. But that's not how it works, you need to go in deep and do the work. In the old days it would have meant years of experimentation, but the good news these days there's people practically handing it to you on a plate. But there's a difference between following all the steps of a tutorial and actually assimilating it. And the biggest challenge now is filtering out all the BS and finding that select group that are worth listening to. For tutorials, here's a few to check:

Ahee
XLNTSound
Virtual Riot
Lektrique
Au5
Ian Kirkpatrick (pop production)

Doesn't matter if you're not bang into their styles, these are top notch sound designers from who you can learn much.
EDM guys are some of the best to learn from because they go in so deep. They need to because their music is just ear candy with very little actual song writing.

Any other names worth checking?

FIkcja wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:40 pm
Ramm Darkened wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:10 am You can use any kind of chorus to create a nice wide sounding bass
Thanks you, I use chorus... Please tell me what's here, how loud it plays, it seems to me that in the foreground it's the bass flush with the kick?

1. Vocal - he has sidechaing only on drop, buildup I can't hear, There's definitely an echo and reverb effect (-6dB gainstading).
4. Clap: plays in the middle ? (-8 dB)

I'm sorry but I really can't tell the exact dB value. Mixing is not painting by numbers. A sense of space can be created with some reverbs and delays. The balance is usually decided by the complexity of the arrangement and taste.
Winner of 15th HOFA Xmas Mix Contest - 2024
2nd place winner of Boz Digital Labs Intl. Mix Contest - 2016

Return to “Effects”