Musio 1: permanent license

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And of course, you can try out all of the instruments for $9.99 for one month, using their actual subscription offer, and see if you like them enough to want to buy Musio 1. That sounds pretty fair to me, and it also sounds like they must have faith in Musio 1, otherwise they wouldn't want you to be able to try it out for such a reasonable price for a month.

robelanator wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:41 pm With a subscription, though, you typically lose access to the product when you stop paying. In Musio's case, you would continue to have access to everything up to the point that you stopped paying for upgrades.
It sounds like more than that. From the site: "Free instrument and plugin updates for life"

I don't have any Cinesamples' stuff, but have heard good things; they seem to be well regarded...the main thing keeping me away from them was their stuff was too damn pricey. Musio wipes out that excuse and IMO it's an insane deal. I'd pull the trigger now but I just don't have a need for a lot of the stuff it comes with and have other things which cover the same bases enough that I can't justify it....yet...

There's so many threads on KVR that pit one opinion-presented-as-fact against another. This, I swear to God, is an example where one opinion is just plain wrong, and no amount of appeals to reason will ever persuade vanerio that he is, in fact, wrong. For whatever reason, this is clearly flogging a dead horse, I for one have given up.

Anyway, just to briefly update - the discount on Musio 1 is over, and it is now $399 which is still a very good deal. I believe there are still three products yet to be released which will be included in the package, all from the World series - Scotland, Ireland and Africa.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:11 am There's so many threads on KVR that pit one opinion-presented-as-fact against another. This, I swear to God, is an example where one opinion is just plain wrong, and no amount of appeals to reason will ever persuade vanerio that he is, in fact, wrong. For whatever reason, this is clearly flogging a dead horse, I for one have given up.

Anyway, just to briefly update - the discount on Musio 1 is over, and it is now $399 which is still a very good deal. I believe there are still three products yet to be released which will be included in the package, all from the World series - Scotland, Ireland and Africa.
Not only was I not wrong, but Musio's policy has been updated to return to free updates. Best regards maestro

vanerio wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:24 am
noiseboyuk wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:11 am There's so many threads on KVR that pit one opinion-presented-as-fact against another. This, I swear to God, is an example where one opinion is just plain wrong, and no amount of appeals to reason will ever persuade vanerio that he is, in fact, wrong. For whatever reason, this is clearly flogging a dead horse, I for one have given up.

Not only was I not wrong, but Musio's policy has been updated to return to free updates. Best regards maestro
Genuinely - good on you for saying you were wrong.

However the free updates thing confuses me. AFAIK there's been no change - the deal always was that the Musio 1 package is limited to a fixed number of instruments, but all the Musio engine and instrument updates are included in perpetuity.
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:26 am
vanerio wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:24 am

However the free updates thing confuses me. AFAIK there's been no change - the deal always was that the Musio 1 package is limited to a fixed number of instruments, but all the Musio engine and instrument updates are included in perpetuity.
You definitely didn't get the movie. It is surprising the poor reading and comprehension skills of some individuals.

vanerio wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:29 am You definitely didn't get the movie. It is surprising the poor reading and comprehension skills of some individuals.
And it was going so well.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:11 am There's so many threads on KVR that pit one opinion-presented-as-fact against another. This, I swear to God, is an example where one opinion is just plain wrong,
Well you got that part right, at least.
For whatever reason, this is clearly flogging a dead horse, I for one have given up.
In my experience, people who say this rarely give up. Thanks for not wrecking the curve.
noiseboyuk wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:26 am Genuinely - good on you for saying you were wrong.
He said he was NOT wrong.
However the free updates thing confuses me.
Obviously. Again, from the site: "Free instrument and plugin updates for life"

Read much?

Looks like the 2023 Catalog is on sale for 199 for a couple days. Pretty great price for all that content.

Am I right that the actual player would be updated with the "coming soon" features without having a subscription? If I'm not wrong, the sub is for additional content, but the app updates would be free without a sub?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:19 pm Looks like the 2023 Catalog is on sale for 199 for a couple days. Pretty great price for all that content.

Am I right that the actual player would be updated with the "coming soon" features without having a subscription? If I'm not wrong, the sub is for additional content, but the app updates would be free without a sub?
Exactly right.

At the moment the offer is just labelled "Musio", but they have confirmed it is the Musio 1 package and will update the website to reflect that.

Amazing deal.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:49 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:19 pm Looks like the 2023 Catalog is on sale for 199 for a couple days. Pretty great price for all that content.

Exactly right.

At the moment the offer is just labelled "Musio", but they have confirmed it is the Musio 1 package and will update the website to reflect that.

Amazing deal.
Cool, so it looks like effects and mic mixes are under the "Coming Soon" section, which is nice, but to me the bigger question is key switches. Are key switches already available? I don't see screenshots with that. How do you switch articulations with the instruments like cinestrings or tina guo etc.? Do they have all the articulations of the kontakt versions?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:02 pm Cool, so it looks like effects and mic mixes are under the "Coming Soon" section, which is nice, but to me the bigger question is key switches. Are key switches already available? I don't see screenshots with that. How do you switch articulations with the instruments like cinestrings or tina guo etc.? Do they have all the articulations of the kontakt versions?
Keyswitches are already available. Nice implementation too except for one bugbear - you can't set a root note for the keyswitch octave, you have to use the one assigned. That's another change that is due to come at some point.

At this point the vast majority of articulations are available. The main omissions are those that involve time-stretching, so no runs etc. EDIT - and scripting like syllables in Voxos.

There's a free demo, so try it.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I'm normally quite anti-subscription but as someone just kind of dabbling around with doing more cinematic/orchestral stuff, it makes sense. Even so, what got me to bite was the educational discount (and maybe a holiday sale on that on top, I don't recall). I am paying less than 5 bucks a month for the next year so it's kind of a no-brainer. If you are a student or work at a school--I'm not faculty, I made sure to ask them if mere staff qualify as many companies require you to be teaching relevant material to qualify--certainly ask them about the edu discount.

Stokely wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:05 pm I'm normally quite anti-subscription but as someone just kind of dabbling around with doing more cinematic/orchestral stuff, it makes sense. Even so, what got me to bite was the educational discount (and maybe a holiday sale on that on top, I don't recall). I am paying less than 5 bucks a month for the next year so it's kind of a no-brainer. If you are a student or work at a school--I'm not faculty, I made sure to ask them if mere staff qualify as many companies require you to be teaching relevant material to qualify--certainly ask them about the edu discount.
I am completely anti-subscripton, but paying a couple hundred bucks for a set of content that will not be taken away ever, is a pretty good deal. The lifetime 499 deal would have been best but half off the content so far is pretty nice.

Return to “Instruments”