Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Post

ProfK wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:22 am but i'm sure looking that a we have Software sampler version see ready this vote S50 into cloud now waiting you know new releases instrument added said Jon....
https://obiemuse.com/2023/05/12/why-sam ... ad-or-not/

Post

ProfK wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:22 am but i'm sure looking that a we have Software sampler version see ready this vote S50 into cloud now waiting you know new releases instrument added said Jon....
Hate to break it to you, I don't think posting on KVR means much, as far as future Roland Cloud releases are concerned.

As a matter of fact, I don't think anybody here voted for:

- More New Sounds in Zenbeats
- New TR-909 Sounds from DJ Pierre
- Producer Toolkit: Hip-Hop
- Roland Cloud Scheduled Maintenance

from: https://www.rolandcloud.com/news

Regards,

--
Marco (in a sh*tposting mood today)

Post

Caine123 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:14 am Guys which instruments can you recommend? and what would you choose if you want the set the old romplers

1. instruments i took so far
TB-303
D-50
JD-800 (sucks no add ons was released/added!)
SRX Keyboards (i took this cause i got it in some projects and Roland sucks here too, releasing separate vsts!)

i got 6 spaces left. the most diappointing and just pure bullsh*t move from roland is that they didnt add the expansions for the romplers nah they didnt release them all they released some ONLY as seperate vsts, call this customer respect and not being greedy.

2. i am thinking about taking the XV--5080 as well as i had it as a hardware. but i also think about getting some other expansion from JV-1080, which can you recommend here?

3. i think i might not get the tr 808, 909 as i got already d16 plugins for that. also the jupiter and juno stuff doesnt interest me much as i got TAL, Arturia and Diva and stuff. so i dont see any needs for these as i dunno the hardware and i dont need the exactly few percentages of accuratenes.

thx guys!
Hi...I've spent quite a bit of time working with JV-1080 and 5080 as well as Zen and here's my 2 cents..
The JV sounds darker than the 5080 to me. Running the same sounds (if you have time to hunt them all down) inside Zenology doesn't sound the same. There is something about the Zen engine that does not have the same vibe sonically as the plugs running the same sounds. In general Zen to me just doesn't have the juice, guts, built in TONE as the single instances of JV and XV.
The fact that Roland left out all the combinations presets is unthinkable...for many of us long time users those were go to sound sets that we pulled up quickly and had 8 or 16 tracks multitambral at our fingertips.
As a long time MPC user, I love the tone of the MPC and they got it right with MPC beats which is a free download. I tried running JV 80 and XV 5080 through the MPC as VST and they sound far better, like brand new instruments. It is a giant pain in the ass to have to do this, but after many midi tests, that's what I'm doing is running the roland stuff through the MPC to get a better tone.

To be fair, Logic Pro doesn't have the tone I'm looking for either when I do A B tests on a lot of things. So, I guess it's just preference.

The architecture of Roland Cloud is badly done....not just giving you the original presets and combis when you download is ridiculous. Korg offers combinations with the Triton and no cloud issues, and it sounds great. You can make tracks quickly.
If Roland had just copied what they already did and put plug in expansion slots in the 1080 and 5080 I think many of us would be a lot happier. All in all, they have made it a ton of work for the consumer.

Post

first thanks a lot i will read all through thoroughly later today.
i just got a reply from roland and i dont understand if they just wanna piss me off. they told me you get 2 lifetime keys for PLAY 4 LIFE promo where the next one is in july. i pay once a year for ultimate sub. so if i got the ultimate sub, how much is PLAY 4 LIFE? what advantage has an ultimate sub at all then if getting PLAY 4 LIFE gets you a better bonus?

hey Jon at roland, please answer this, i feel just pissed off and roland does give a crap about ultimate subscribers it seems. your price model is a spit in the customers face it seems.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Post

Caine123 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:51 am first thanks a lot i will read all through thoroughly later today.
i just got a reply from roland and i dont understand if they just wanna piss me off. they told me you get 2 lifetime keys for PLAY 4 LIFE promo where the next one is in july. i pay once a year for ultimate sub. so if i got the ultimate sub, how much is PLAY 4 LIFE? what advantage has an ultimate sub at all then if getting PLAY 4 LIFE gets you a better bonus?

hey Jon at roland, please answer this, i feel just pissed off and roland does give a crap about ultimate subscribers it seems. your price model is a spit in the customers face it seems.
Caine123 PS
MPC is not a Roland product, its AKAI.

Post

Caine123 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:51 am first thanks a lot i will read all through thoroughly later today.
i just got a reply from roland and i dont understand if they just wanna piss me off. they told me you get 2 lifetime keys for PLAY 4 LIFE promo where the next one is in july. i pay once a year for ultimate sub. so if i got the ultimate sub, how much is PLAY 4 LIFE? what advantage has an ultimate sub at all then if getting PLAY 4 LIFE gets you a better bonus?
When I got the Play4Life it was $99 for a Pro sub for 1 year, and I could pick one instrument to keep forever. I think Ultimate is $199 a year and you can keep two of them.

Do they still give out 2 keys with the Ultimate subscription? If not, you can just buy Play4Life when it is around once or twice a year, usually summer and around December.

Post

Examigan wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:43 am
Caine123 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:51 am first thanks a lot i will read all through thoroughly later today.
i just got a reply from roland and i dont understand if they just wanna piss me off. they told me you get 2 lifetime keys for PLAY 4 LIFE promo where the next one is in july. i pay once a year for ultimate sub. so if i got the ultimate sub, how much is PLAY 4 LIFE? what advantage has an ultimate sub at all then if getting PLAY 4 LIFE gets you a better bonus?
When I got the Play4Life it was $99 for a Pro sub for 1 year, and I could pick one instrument to keep forever. I think Ultimate is $199 a year and you can keep two of them.

Do they still give out 2 keys with the Ultimate subscription? If not, you can just buy Play4Life when it is around once or twice a year, usually summer and around December.
thanks a lot! ok then im mistaken and apologize for this.
still, there is a limit of 10 instruments and i reached it already. so i paid for the cloud without getting any additional lifetime keys, so i wonder why other get more than 10? because of the Play4Life? if so why should you get a ultimate sub. i dont get this and roland doesnt seem to make clear offers as well...
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Post

Caine123 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:14 pm
Examigan wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:43 am
Caine123 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:51 am first thanks a lot i will read all through thoroughly later today.
i just got a reply from roland and i dont understand if they just wanna piss me off. they told me you get 2 lifetime keys for PLAY 4 LIFE promo where the next one is in july. i pay once a year for ultimate sub. so if i got the ultimate sub, how much is PLAY 4 LIFE? what advantage has an ultimate sub at all then if getting PLAY 4 LIFE gets you a better bonus?
When I got the Play4Life it was $99 for a Pro sub for 1 year, and I could pick one instrument to keep forever. I think Ultimate is $199 a year and you can keep two of them.

Do they still give out 2 keys with the Ultimate subscription? If not, you can just buy Play4Life when it is around once or twice a year, usually summer and around December.
thanks a lot! ok then im mistaken and apologize for this.
still, there is a limit of 10 instruments and i reached it already. so i paid for the cloud without getting any additional lifetime keys, so i wonder why other get more than 10? because of the Play4Life? if so why should you get a ultimate sub. i dont get this and roland doesnt seem to make clear offers as well...
I believe 1 round is 10 and if you stop and resubscribe on the next play4life promo you can get 10 more.

It does show up as 2 different reward systems when i log into my roland cloud account.

Post

thats the reply:

1. i am a Ultimate subscriber, so my limit is 10 instruments. what benefit do i get having subscribed and maybe extend my subscription?
There's more than ten instruments in the catalog, so if you want access to all of them, you need an Ultimate membership.

2. why do people with Play4Life get a more advantage over my Ultimate Subscription? i really dont feel that i got any benefit from this.
As we said, we offer two chances a year for people to upgrade to Play4Life. If you already have an annual Ultimate membership, there's no charge to upgrade.
------------------
goodbye roland, what a joke
im gonna cancel my subscription now, and maybe check play 4 life if i need more instruments. they dont get into my questions deeper and always talk around the stuff. so here you got it. if you are a ultimate subscriber you get np benefit at all, i dont see them, if im wrong im happy if someone will correct me. thanks
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Post

One thing is that when you subscribe with Pro or Ultimate, you start right at that time with their whole catalog, and you don't have to wait till Play4Life makes its appearance to buy it and then use them all.

Also, what D-Fusion said:
"I believe 1 round is 10 and if you stop and resubscribe on the next play4life promo you can get 10 more.
It does show up as 2 different reward systems when i log into my roland cloud account."

Post

vulpes777 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:35 am
ProfK wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:22 am but i'm sure looking that a we have Software sampler version see ready this vote S50 into cloud now waiting you know new releases instrument added said Jon....
Hate to break it to you, I don't think posting on KVR means much, as far as future Roland Cloud releases are concerned.

As a matter of fact, I don't think anybody here voted for:

- More New Sounds in Zenbeats
- New TR-909 Sounds from DJ Pierre
- Producer Toolkit: Hip-Hop
- Roland Cloud Scheduled Maintenance

from: https://www.rolandcloud.com/news

Regards,

--
Marco (in a sh*tposting mood today)
Sorry don't blame and Looking sadly before releases For Roland S-series sampler users only come back W-30 with All s50 & s550 RSB library :(

Post

again thanks so much guys for all the tips i am at 8/10 now and Roland Cloud is just pure nonsense for a long time Ultimate subscriber the support also being not worth it and just getting out of my questions, feels so shady.

i got this list now

D50
JD800
JV1080
SRX Dance Trax
SRX Keyboards
SRX Orchestra
TB303
XV5080

i got the 3 additional SRX vsts cause i used them in old projects, hope someone can help me figure this out

1. i think getting the other SRX expansions are a waste? or is there an SRX instrument which would give some more nice presets? mostly synth stuff im looking at. (ps, roland, your rompler service and d50 and jd800 sucks so hard why dont you add like Korg the expansions for free or as a paid download for 30 bucks or so which you can load in? i really hope people realize this bad busness model for users and cancel their subs until you get back to respect customers)

2. i got the sound canvas bought as a vst in the past, do you know if it is different than the CLOUD VERSION?

3. i got 2 slots left, i saw some awesome third party presets for System 8, im thinking getting it is there any benefit for System 1 then at all?

4. i would still have 1 slot left, i thought about SH101 but TAL already replaces it i think, the Junos i got Arturia and TAL Plugins so i dont miss these i guess + i wanted to get the TR909 but Drumazon 2 just pisses on it lol afaik. any other recommendation for my list for the last spot?

again thanks!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Post

The System 8 is a good choice :tu:
The System 1 and the System 8 sounds different where the System 1 sound more like a Analog Mono synth with a more aggressive tone and the System 8 has more of a Poly synth sound that are a little more on the softer side.

I also love The Arp + Scatter functions on the System 1.
The best thing is to try them both and compare them before you decide and see which you like the best or if it is worth it to you to have both.

Post

Caine123 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:14 pmstill, there is a limit of 10 instruments and i reached it already. so i paid for the cloud without getting any additional lifetime keys, so i wonder why other get more than 10? because of the Play4Life?
Before Play4Life Roland had a similar program called "Loyalty Rewards". This gave Ultimate subscribers 2 keys for every year of their subscription, provided they did not let their subscription lapse. If that happened you could not rejoin the program. Those keys do not appear to count towards the Play4Life limit, which is why some subscribers have ended up with more than 10 lifetime keys.

Loyalty Rewards stopped accepting new users in 2019. But, if you stayed subbed since before it ended, you remained on the (now legacy) Rewards program. I don't know if Loyalty rewards has a 10 key upper limit like Play4Life has. If it does those accounts would be limited to 20 lifetime keys earned via subscription. If anyone's qualified for Loyalty Rewards keys you'll see those keys listed on your account, on the Roland Cloud wesbite, in the same section where it shows Play4Life keys. Again, only users who remained subbed for at least a year, prior to it no longer accepting new users in 2019, will see any Lifetime Rewards keys.

The RC website doesn't appear to show other keys, such as Zenology, on your account, either.

Post

PAK wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:18 am
Caine123 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:14 pmstill, there is a limit of 10 instruments and i reached it already. so i paid for the cloud without getting any additional lifetime keys, so i wonder why other get more than 10? because of the Play4Life?
Before Play4Life Roland had a similar program called "Loyalty Rewards". This gave Ultimate subscribers 2 keys for every year of their subscription, provided they did not let their subscription lapse. If that happened you could not rejoin the program. Those keys do not appear to count towards the Play4Life limit, which is why some subscribers have ended up with more than 10 lifetime keys.

Loyalty Rewards stopped accepting new users in 2019. But, if you stayed subbed since before it ended, you remained on the (now legacy) Rewards program. I don't know if Loyalty rewards has a 10 key upper limit like Play4Life has. If it does those accounts would be limited to 20 lifetime keys earned via subscription. If anyone's qualified for Loyalty Rewards keys you'll see those keys listed on your account, on the Roland Cloud wesbite, in the same section where it shows Play4Life keys. Again, only users who remained subbed for at least a year, prior to it no longer accepting new users in 2019, will see any Lifetime Rewards keys.

The RC website doesn't appear to show other keys, such as Zenology, on your account, either.
thanks for clarifying mine looks like this

Image

i upgraded to ultimate some time. so it says Loyalty rewards this should be it i think.

thing is what you get to continue Ultimate after reaching 10 lifetime keys is just stupendous nothing more. yeah you can use the other instruments but no advantage?
so why they dont up the limit or remove this limit is just worse, so if i might want more i will jpoing the P4L then. so this should be a new 10 instruments hopefully :)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”