PatchWork NI Massive X VST3 - Crash on m2 Ventura 13.6.3 (22G436)

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi :)

Tried to find a answer to this, might be there somewhere, but I'm unable to locate it.

VST3
When loading NI Massive X on Patchwork standalone or to a BC PatchWork Synth VST3.vst3 instance in Patchwork standalone, sooner or later Patchwork crashes and I get the following message

Blue Cat-s PatchWork quit unexpectedly.
Click Reopen to open the application again. Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple.

VST2
Im also unable to load any Silicon native NI .vst2 on PatchWork, this is what I get when I attempt to do so:
Error Loading the Plug-in
Could not load "nameOfThePlugin"
Please check that this is a compatible 64-bit ARM VST plug-in

AU
The AU version of Massive X appears to run in a stable way. However, I run a Windows - Apple mixed setup and making use of Massive X AU version would slow down my workflow.

Thank you in advance for your kind guidance!!

EDIT

OLD
When loading NI Massive X on Patchwork standalone or to the .vst3 version of it...
NEW
When loading NI Massive X on Patchwork standalone or to a BC PatchWork Synth VST3.vst3 instance in Patchwork standalone...

Thanks for the heads up. Do you maybe have a crash report to share with us to see if there is anything we can do on our end? (unfortunately most of the time there is not much we can do on our side).

If you are running PatchWork in silicon native mode, have you double checked that these VSTs are indeed silicon-native and up to date?

Hi,
Thanks for the feedback.

I've forwarded the crash report to you over your support page. Ticket ID: 7ML-3J9-QUUA

Running PatchWork v2.66 and Activity Monitor marks PatchWork as Apple in the Kind field.

NI states here https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... ility-News that Massive X is natively compatible with Apple Silicon.

Massive’s X .vst3 info panel displays Version 1.4.4+48 VST3 which is the version indicated in this https://community.native-instruments.co ... sion-1-4-4 post to be the latest release running. Additionally, he app that manages NI products, Native access, displays that every NI product on this workstation is up to date.

Thanks!!

Note:

Im not sure if the system has allowed the 2 links to be displayed in my last post, I do see them from my visor but at the same time I'm getting this banner on the top

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.

Anyway, just in case, they were a link to NI's Silicon compatibility page and to NI's community where the mentioned Massive X is marked to be the latest one.

Regards : )

UPDATE (with the hope to helps others)

According to Blue Cat Audio support team kind analysis:

-It appears to be crashing right in the middle of Massive's code while opening the user interface-

I've opened a ticket to NIs support as also a discussion in their forum which can be found here:

https://community.native-instruments.co ... 6/p1?new=1

: )

Thanks!

UPDATE

NI provided me with an app that basically performs a set of scans over the workstation its applied and results in a report that was then forwarded to their support team.

NI was able to reproduce the scenario on a Windows workstation and classified it as bug (I'm unaware of the software setup used for it).

NI has stated that, although PatchWork is not within their officially supported hosts, the bug report has been forwarded to their QA team for further analysis.

My guess is that from this point the best is to cross fingers and hope that the described setup is operative on their next release.

I hope this helps :)

Thanks!

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”