Yamaha montage m vst

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:57 am
DCrown wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:51 pm What do Roland or Korg have that comes even close to Yamaha Montage?
You really wanna compare Zenology to Montage? Are you kidding?
Yamaha always is and was a class of its own, whether you take their synths, pianos, e-pianos, drums, guitars, basses, effects or...

I don't own Montage (yet), but I use my ears when I listen to some YouTube videos and the synth ("speaks") sounds for itself.
Another verry valuable opinion :lol:
it´s indeed, a lot of people mainly seem to focus on features, I always thought one
important thing of music is sound, though LOL
I rarely listen to music with my eyes,
but let´s forget about sound and keep on discussing features, welcome to KVR!

Gam456 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:14 am
Bippo wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:49 pm I talked about the montage vst, which currently doesn't include all the features of the hardware montage.
The full version come this summer
That's why the word CURRENTLY was written.

DCrown wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:39 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:57 am
DCrown wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:51 pm What do Roland or Korg have that comes even close to Yamaha Montage?
You really wanna compare Zenology to Montage? Are you kidding?
Yamaha always is and was a class of its own, whether you take their synths, pianos, e-pianos, drums, guitars, basses, effects or...

I don't own Montage (yet), but I use my ears when I listen to some YouTube videos and the synth ("speaks") sounds for itself.
Another verry valuable opinion :lol:
it´s indeed, a lot of people mainly seem to focus on features, I always thought one
important thing of music is sound, though LOL
I rarely listen to music with my eyes,
but let´s forget about sound and keep on discussing features, welcome to KVR!
Your opinion is worthless because you are just a kiddo who watched some videos on youtube and start spitting out dumb sentences like "You really wanna compare Zenology to Montage? Are you kidding?" out of the air without knowing the tiniest bit of you are talking about and how much work and resources has been put in developing Zenology and what its real capabilities are.

As I wrote I could test all Roland instruments and Zenology didn't impress me at all.
More features than Yamaha Montage plugin? It's about sound, music is sound!
And generally Roland synths never impressed me a lot whether it's Juno, Jupiter or D50 or... , whereas Yamaha always did (Yamaha YC 45D combo organ, CS80, VL-1, DX7 and Motif to name only five instruments). That's my opinion and of course not everyone's opinion. A thread shares opinions, so stop weeping.

Bippo wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:16 pm So it's been a month or so since it was released, enough time to have a solid opinion about this vst.
My question for montage m owners who tried this vst:
How it stands in comparison to the hardware synth? Are the patches and presets 100% identical?
How its regarding the cpu usage?
Is it comfortable running multiple instances or its cpu usage is too heavy?

Also, how would you rate it against Zenology, the Korg collection or even omnisphere?
I own and use it everyday. It's identical 100% the sound of what Yamaha offers at the USB / analog outputs which are so close it wouldn't make a difference to human hearing. I can use multiple instances, but this vary's on your cpu, as well as Asio buffer settings obviously. That kind of question is subjective to your hardware.

Sounds like you should listen to the Montage M in the flesh, than make your decision based on that, to my ears it's amazing.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Moog Matriarch/Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/DM12
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:02 pm
Bippo wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:16 pm So it's been a month or so since it was released, enough time to have a solid opinion about this vst.
How it stands in comparison to the hardware synth? Are the patches and presets 100% identical?

Also, how would you rate it against Zenology, the Korg collection or even omnisphere?
I own and use it everyday. It's identical 100% the sound of what Yamaha offers at the USB / analog outputs which are so close it wouldn't make a difference to human hearing. I can use multiple instances, but this vary's on your cpu, as well as Asio buffer settings obviously. That kind of question is subjective to your hardware.

Sounds like you should listen to the Montage M in the flesh, than make your decision based on that, to my ears it's amazing.
That's great, I saw some people online calming the vst doesn't sound like the hardware, which is very strange of course, now I know it's pure BS spreading, like the kiddo who "test" zenology by watching youtube video :lol: .

Do you know if by any chance this vst gonna be released to the whole market, or its only for the keyboard owners?
Also, how much gigabytes it weights?
Does it have some sort of annoying authorization process or its just the initial serial confirmation and you are good to go?

You just go to settings of Zenology, go to "model" and type in "Yamaha Montage" and it will automatically turn into a good synth!

Bippo wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:31 pm
trusampler wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:02 pm

That's great, I saw some people online calming the vst doesn't sound like the hardware, which is very strange of course, now I know it's pure BS spreading, like the kiddo who "test" zenology by watching youtube video :lol: .

Do you know if by any chance this vst gonna be released to the whole market, or its only for the keyboard owners?
Also, how much gigabytes it weights?
Does it have some sort of annoying authorization process or its just the initial serial confirmation and you are good to go?
I'm not sure about the release,as no one knows yet if Yamaha will open it up to non synth owners. It's around 7 gb's. It's Steinberg copy protection.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Moog Matriarch/Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/DM12
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

It's has been clear like water, only for Montage M owners

Gam456 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:37 pm It's has been clear like water, only for Montage M owners
The current ESP software yes but no indication has been made one way or the other for the full plugin

My personal thought is they will make AWM2 and AN-X available inside of HALion just like FM-X and then release a stripped down HALion with a "Montage" branded skin. Keeping Montage free for hardware owners

They are putting a ton of effort and money into it to make it unavailable to a huge market

IvyBirds wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:47 am
Gam456 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:37 pm It's has been clear like water, only for Montage M owners
The current ESP software yes but no indication has been made one way or the other for the full plugin

My personal thought is they will make AWM2 and AN-X available inside of HALion just like FM-X and then release a stripped down HALion with a "Montage" branded skin. Keeping Montage free for hardware owners

They are putting a ton of effort and money into it to make it unavailable to a huge market
They also put a ton of effort and money into their hardware synths, to make them unavailable to a huge market. :shrug:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

IvyBirds wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:47 am My personal thought is they will make AWM2 and AN-X available inside of HALion just like FM-X and then release a stripped down HALion with a "Montage" branded skin. Keeping Montage free for hardware owners
ESP is ESP, actual version or the next one, won't change the Yamaha statement

FM Lab isn't FM-X
It's compatible

Gam456 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:42 pm
IvyBirds wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:47 am
ESP is ESP, actual version or the next one, won't change the Yamaha statement

FM Lab isn't FM-X
It's compatible
You are right FM Lab is deeper than just FM-X. Sternberg says FM Lab is "FM-X and DX7 emulation with DX7 and TX81Z SYX file import

I own a Montage M, I use the ESP Software, use Cubase and HALion7

I was surprised when the new Montage M came out that they didn't improve FM-X with the added features of what's inside of HALion7

It would however be pretty easy to make a Montage skin of FM that works inside the Montage product as a plug-in that would make it fully compatible

Same with AWM2

IvyBirds wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:11 am I was surprised when the new Montage M came out that they didn't improve FM-X with the added features of what's inside of HALion7
I think they improve the Smart Morph

I think that there are definitely areas in which the Montage sounds beat Roland's, including a lot of the acoustic sounds. However I also think the Zenology stuff has some areas of strength as compared to Montage. For instance, some of the old SRX expansion sounds that are a part of Zenology are to me stronger than what Yamaha has to offer, especially with for instance orchestral sounds. I've always been disappointed with Yamaha's orchestral stuff, even the more modern versions of which tend to have very obvious (and offputting) looping points, among other weaknesses.

Return to “Instruments”