ArcSyn Rooolz!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ArcSyn

Deadzone_Music wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:12 am
Bodhisan wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:34 pm
Dencheg wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:20 am Actually while ago I wrote to the developer; I was asking for minor browser improvements.
He said he would be working on more considerable changes, apart from the browser.
I hope he won't abandon his plugins; the synth in particular is great.
It's probably been a couple of years, but the developer told me that he was working on a much more ambitious synth (and those are my words) that would be like a big brother to ArcSyn - again my words, because I can't really remember what he said. You can really get lost in the lfo modulation - in a good way, which, in my opinion, u-he borrowed and put into Hive to a lesser extent with the Shapes feature. The small modulation box in the upper right is a bit cramped, and I usually am grabbing the wrong level, but that's a minor inconvenience. For only having very few improvements since its original release, it still is very relevant and modern.
Too bad it never came out lmao
The dev told me about the ArcSyn successor too, but he doesn't think he'll ever have the money to get it done.

It is a shame ArcSyn didn’t do better and get more development love. It’s right up there with many other excellent instruments and has some unique features. I still use it quite a bit.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Cool synth saddled with a bad GUI that needs a complete rework.

I have to say that for me personally, the GUI is better than functional. I enjoy working with it and find it pretty intuitive.

The original skin was a bit odd but the default Satya one is perfectly usable

killmaster wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:43 pm I have to say that for me personally, the GUI is better than functional. I enjoy working with it and find it pretty intuitive.
Leaving aside cosmetics, in terms of actual usability it has a really well structured and thought through GUI and very original synth design. Unfortunately too many people focus on form and not function

Anyway I have made a NKS template to control it with in Komplete Kontrol as it needed a new one (this version is not backwards compatible with older NKS sadly)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/dg8at46k ... cru0d&dl=0

After demoing, I think I'm going to buy this one. It's the only synth with no samples or wavetable that can also get that digital 90's ROMpler sound going. Which gives it a unique vibe to me.

I also really like the chord oscillators a lot too. Just a fantastic sound to it that is kind of like a VA meets a Rompler but more. I don't even know how to describe it..lol.

Doesn't seem it was mentioned, but there was a new 4.0.4 beta version released a week or two ago, some good changes as well:
https://www.spcplugins.com/beta
Mac version will run natively on Silicon Macs.
A large number of internal changes to conform to updates to macOS and JUCE (the AV library used by ArcSyn)
Opening time should be reduced.
Various parameter displays improved.
Various small bugs fixed.

Return to “Instruments”